Dr. Hope Starkman, MD

Dr. Hope Starkman, MD

Rheumatology  |
Dr. Hope Starkman, MD is a rheumatology doctor who practices in Delray Beach, FL. She is 54 years old and has been practicing for 28 years. Dr. Starkman is affiliated with Bethesda Hospital East.

7291 W Atlantic Ave

Delray Beach, FL 33446

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
  • Coventry Health Care of Florida
  • Coventry Healthcare of the Carolinas
  • Elderplan
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. Starkman

See how frequently Dr. Starkman performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
Limb Pain
Autoimmune Diseases

Dr. Starkman's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Starkman "Dr. Hope Starkman was born and grew up in Queens, NY. She attended a premedical program at Hillcrest High School where she graduated 9th out of 739 students. She graduated from Barnard College of Columbia University in 1985 with a Biology major and English minor. In 1989, she graduated from Alba Medical College. Her Internship and Residency in Internal Medicine were done at Beth Israel Medical Center in New York and Fellowship completed in 1994 at Montefiore Medical Center of the Albert Einstein"

• Rheumatology

• Muscle Weakness
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Plantar Fasciitis
  • Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR)
  • Psoriatic Arthritis

Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Beth Israel Medical Center-Petrie Campus
  • Montefiore/Aecom
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1994

Dr. Starkman has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Starkman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Starkman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Starkman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Starkman to family and friends
3.1
Dr. Starkman's Performance
Delray Beach, FL |
I saw her twice. She rambled a lot about her romantic troubles and dismissed my diagnoses from multiple specialists over 10+ years, all without giving me an examination or any lab work. On my second and last visit, she rambled about her own physical ailments, how she tells herself daily she is not in pain, suggested I try meditation and told me she thinks I am depressed. Positive affirmations are great. So is meditation. I have a shrink. I was looking for a rheumatologist. I found someone else.
Delray Beach, FL |
Dr Starkman is a very caring and thoughtful physician. Her staff is very polite and helpful. Today I brought Lydia and Jennifer a dozen roses each to thank them for their help
in Lake Worth, FL |
Dr. Starkman listened patiently to my concerns, provided a thorough examination, and came up with a course of treatment that has proven to be very effective. I highly recommend her to anyone suffering from arthritis pain.
in Boynton Beach, FL |
I couldn't walk, couldnt go to church, wear my heels or do any type of activities. Now I can do all these and more. She takes her to time with me, she is an excellent diagnostician. And she cares for me and loves me. She is an excellent Dr. I will recommend her to anyone even to Donald Trump.
in Boynton Beach, FL |
Dr. Starkman is a wonderful diagnostician. She explains what your problem is and what she can do to help you. She explains what medications are best for you and gives the best injections. I feel very confident in her knowledge and how she cares for me as a patient.
in Palm Beach Gardens, FL |
Dr. Starkman is fantastic and has restored my faith that there are wonderful, knowledgeable and caring physicians in Florida. I travel 60 miles round trip to see her. One of the most important traits a good no great doctor can have is the ability to listen to what the patient is saying. Dr. Starkman has this trait. I have no hesitation in recommending her to my friends and family. In my professional life as an R.N. I have come in contact with many physicians and she gets an A plus plus from me.
Ocala, FL |
In response to prior review patient wrote they waited ahour and didn't get a treatment that they paid over$ 160 for without knowing in advance . The patient paid for the medication so they had to know what it was for but if not should have asked and received an explanation prior to paying for it . In terms of the wait, it is not the policy of the office to make people wait. Perhaps there was emergency or patient didn't have proper authorization for visit from primary MD office. Sorry for wait
Lake Worth, FL |
Waited in the office for 1 hour while I was the only patient there. She had no answer as to why I was waiting. She could not answer any of my questions. Would not recommend her to my worst enemy. Staff did not know what to do & were not friendly. Gave me meds that had to be injected and never told me. I wasted $158.
in Boynton Beach Fl |
This is my favorite Doctor. I travel 40 minutes to see Dr. Hope. This is the only Dr. That I will ever let give me a shot. She has gifted healing hands and she is really down to earth and friendly I never mind going to her office .
in Boynton Beach, FL |
Dr, Starkman is a very patient doctor who takes the time to listen and work with you until all possible situations are dealt with and she will recommend the best doctors to you to help you through your situation.
Excellent Doctor with knowledge from around the world. She worked non stop to find a medicine for my critical Mom. Can't find a more dedicated Doctor!
in Marietta, GA |
Dr. Starkman saved my Mother's life and has helped my sister tremendously. She is very understanding, compassionate, and knowledgable. If you suffer from a Rheumatoid condition, I highly recommend her.
Have you seen Dr. Hope Starkman, MD?
Are you Dr. Starkman?