Dr. Hooman Melamed, MD

Sports Medicine ·  Male · Age 45

Dr. Melamed

Hooman M. Melamed, MD, FAAOS

13160 Mindanao Way Ste 300 Marina Del Rey, CA 90292

Dr. Hooman Melamed, MD is a sports medicine specialist in Marina Del Rey, CA and has been practicing for 14 years. He graduated from UNIVERSITY OF PITTSBURGH SCHOOL OF MEDICINE and specializes in sports medicine and orthopedic surgery.

Dr. Melamed accepts

Dr. Melamed accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
Priority Select HMO
Select Plus HMO

No malpractice claims found for California

Check if Dr. Melamed treats your condition or procedure

• Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Hip Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Nerve Block, Sympathetic
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures
  • Osgood Schlatter Disease
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Pathological Spine Fracture
  • Plantar Fasciitis
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Pseudoarthrosis
  • Spondylosis
  • Systemic Sclerosis
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture
  • Thoracic Spine Myelopathy

Dr. Hooman M. Melamed is a highly regarded board certified orthopedic spine surgeon in the nation concentrating on disorders of the spine for adults and children. Dr. Melamed's areas of interest include minimally invasive and out-patient spinal surge...

• Sports Medicine

Dr. Melamed?
Dr. Melamed's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Hooman Melamed, MD
RecentMost Helpful
I had a disc replaced in my neck by Dr. Melamed, and my recovery entailed very little pain. I believe my recovery was (relatively) easy due to Dr. Melamed’s dedication and skill. He truly cares about his patients and I wish he could be my physician for everything.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hooman Melamed, MD?
As I read other testimonials and I think to myself that’s me. I had a ruptured L4,L5 that was pushing on my spinal cord. I couldn’t sleep and I could barely walk. The pain was almost unbearable. I was getting drop foot and that’s when I decided I better find the best back surgeon in California. I’ve heard a lot of terrible stories about having back surgery and I was extremely hesitant but the pain was mentally and physically exhausting. After the surgery the pain was gone and I was up and walk
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hooman Melamed, MD?
Excellent doctor who listens to his patients and truely cares about their health.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hooman Melamed, MD?
I came to Dr. Melamed after consulting with 4-5 different surgeons, all of whom told me that a fusion would be my only option. Dr. Melamed was able to successfully decompress the nerves in my spine without having to fuse despite having a spondylolisthesis. I can not recommend his practice enough. All of the staff are extremely friendly and are very timely in making sure you are taken care of.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hooman Melamed, MD?
Dr Melamed recently did a L3 and L4 fusion and a cyst removal from my spinal cord. I was walking within two hours of my surgery with minimal pain. Dr Melamed and staff are professional and would highly recommend him for spinal surgery. He answered all our questions and concerns with knowledge and experience. He is truly a gifted surgeon.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hooman Melamed, MD?
Dr. Hooman Melamed is more than an top tier surgeon, he is a super hero of a doctor. I have nothing but positive things to say about my entire experience under his care. Dr. Melamed is one of the best (if not the best) out there at what he does, and surrounds himself with faculty at facilities that are great at what they do. I am 29 years old, now 11 weeks post op, recovering from my lumbar microdiscectomy surgery with stem cell; 4 weeks into my physical therapy. So grateful he was my surgeon.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hooman Melamed, MD?
Dr. Melamed is the best doctor I have ever been to. I've had back issues since I was 19 years old (I'm 29 now) and have spent thousands of hours going to over 30 doctors and even did a lumbar surgery that was ineffective. Dr. Melamed correctly diagnosed me and did an AMAZING job during the surgery. He has given me a better life and for that I am forever grateful. Please go see him, you will not be disappointed.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hooman Melamed, MD?
In a time where I was scared Dr. Hooman Melamed and his team guided me into my choice with a professional and empathetic touch. They worked quickly to set up my preop appointment and scheduled surgery with ease. Dr. Melamed even gave me information on my healthy eating plan for after surgery. It is a anti-Inflammatory diet created by a doctor by the name of Dr. Gundry. It was actually something I had researched prior to knowing that I had a herniated disc. I highly recommend Dr. Melamed.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hooman Melamed, MD?
Dr. Melamed went out of his way to alleviate all of the issues we were having and ended up operating on my back leading me pain free. I cannot delete the previous one star I gave him but would like to know change it to a 5 start. Thanks to dr. Melamed and his staff I am pain free and would recommend him to any and everyone. Chris Kilpatrick
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hooman Melamed, MD?
I went through some serious pain for 4 months until I saw Dr Melamed. He instantly knew what was wrong after seeing my mri scan and one visit. He told me what needed to be done. I was scared when he said surgery but he reassured me it would be a small one and I wont even be on any serious pain killers afterwards. It has been one month today since my surgery and it is the best thing I did. The recovery was one week before I was walking normally with no pain at all. Thank you Dr. Melamed!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hooman Melamed, MD?
Dr. Melamed is amazing. I had dealt with severe sciatica in my left leg for 10 years. He performed a very successful Microdiscectomy. I couldn't be more happy with the results. I feel like I got a second chance at life. Thank you for everything Dr. Melamed.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hooman Melamed, MD?
Dr. Melamed was simply amazing! He really gave me back the life that I've previously taken for granted and enjoyed. I'm now finally hopeful of being able to live a long and pain free life again. Thank you!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hooman Melamed, MD?
Dr. Melamed is an exceptional surgeon! He saved my mother’s life and we are forever grateful! He truly cares about his patients and is very honest and compassionate. His staff was very helpful and kind. Thank you!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hooman Melamed, MD?
Dr. Melamed saved my life as well. After reviewing my X-rays and MRI, I had 100% confidence in his recommendations. My spinal cord became compressed and I was walking with an abnormal gait. It felt like I was slowly becoming crippled. Dr. Melamed and his outstanding team performed a 9 hour cervical spine procedure and two weeks later a 6 hour lumbar procedure. Recovery can be hard as was mine. Immediately after surgery I was walking with a normal gait. I’m back to weight lifting and hiking aga
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hooman Melamed, MD?
He is an awesome person and fabulous, extraordinary surgeon that makes my life easy after 10 years of pain. I recommending him 100 % and will continue to recommend his hard work and patient center character. The bests spine surgeon. I recommended by a friend from Brazil that he had the same problem and he was so scared to do the surgery . I saw him in person after surgery and he was moving around like 20 years old athletic.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hooman Melamed, MD?
I can’t say enough good things about Dr Melamed I have multiple friends who have been operated on by Dr Melamed and they have all been very happy with the outcome but the real mark of what an incredibly patient centric approach Dr Melamed takes is the fact that even though I was very willing to have an extensive surgery with him he advised I work extensively with a physio instead and now I am doing immeasurably better. Patient, kind and professional... and a genuinely nice guy to boot!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hooman Melamed, MD?
Dr. Melamed is very professional, kind and a terrific doctor! He truly cares about helping me with my pain. Dr Melamed has helped me overcome my neck and back problems. I trust him fully! The staff is very kind and professional as well. Thank you Dr Melamed for all your help!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hooman Melamed, MD?
After about 2 years of feeling miserable, with physical therapy and spinal traction only being able to make me feel better short term my back pain came would return and I had gotten worse. I couldn’t even sleep during night. I tried everything. I was in tremendous amounts of pain, could barely walk or sleep. Dr. Melamed, he took his time to go over my x-rays and explained everything. I wish I had picked him sooner for my surgery. He gave me my life back.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hooman Melamed, MD?
After a bad experience with a l-4 l-5 fusion Dr Melamed not only fixed that and did some other surgery’s my life is much better I would recommend him to anyone needing back surgery he is a master surgeon and a wonderful person he really cares about his patients.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hooman Melamed, MD?
Dr Melamed is one of the most outstanding physicians / surgeons I know. He performed life changing surgery on me and practically changed my life. Several of my friends have had similar experiences with him, he is an amazing doctor, with excellent surgical skills, caring and great bed side manner and always available.. I highly recommend him to anyone with any spine issues.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Melamed?