Dr. Holly Gilmer-Hill, MD

Dr. Holly Gilmer-Hill, MD

Neurosurgery  ·
Female  ·
Dr. Holly Gilmer-Hill, MD is a neurosurgery specialist in Southfield, MI and has been practicing for 18 years. She graduated from University of Michigan Medical School in 1992 and specializes in neurosurgery, neuro-oncology, and more.Read her story

29275 Northwestern Hwy Ste 100

• HAP Insurance
  • Health Net
  • HealthPlus of Michigan

Learn about Dr. Gilmer-Hill

See how frequently Dr. Gilmer-Hill performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)
Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal

Dr. Gilmer-Hill's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Gilmer-Hill's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Gilmer-Hill "I am a board certified pediatric and adult neurosurgeon. While my expertise is neurosurgery, my specialty areas are Chiari Malformation, in both children and adults and peripheral nerve surgery, like occipital nerve repair or block, and hydrocephalus. Other specialty areas are neuro-oncology and craniofacial reconstruction. A complete video profile is available on my web page: MHSI.us/doctors/holly-s-gilmer I'm pleased work with patients -- both children and adults -- from around the country who are seeking relief from all forms of Chari Malformation. Many of the parents have shared they found me via Chiari support groups and blogs, you can also some of their journeys with a visit to our website: MHSI.us If you do not see the insurance coverage you have listed, please call my office at 877-784-3667. "

• Neurosurgery
  • Neuro-Oncology
  • Pediatric Neurosurgery
  • Peripheral Nerve Surgery

• Neurosurgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Neurological Surgery*

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

• Harvard Medical School
  • Chldrns Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2000
  • Louisiana State University
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Gilmer-Hill has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Gilmer-Hill does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gilmer-Hill and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Gilmer-Hill's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gilmer-Hill to family and friends

Dr. Gilmer-Hill's Performance

Dr. Gilmer-Hill Says:

Your comments and feedback are always welcome. My preference is direct communication if you have a concern you would like me to address. If the care and treatment provided you is worthy of sharing with others, you have my appreciation.

Thank you for your feedback.

Dr Gilmer is the best Dr I have ever had the privilege of knowing. I am an adult woman of 46 in age who had spina bifida. Dr Gilmer took on my case right away . I found out by one of her colleagues that I have a long with Spina Bifida, Chiari malformation , untethered spinal cord and...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Did my chiari 1 malformation surgery. Excellent bedside manner, excellent surgeon and just overall excellent. I usually don’t bother filling out reviews, but Dr. Gilmer is amazing and I would trust her with my life again if needed.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Love her! Wise and very good at what she does! Treats me respectfully every time!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I had surgery with Gilmer back in 2008. In 2012, after a second surgery with a different doctor for Arnold Chiari Malformation Type 1, I received the surgical report which stated before and after my first surgery, the MRIS show that during the surgery my C2 vertebrae had been broken and healed...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Doctor Gilmer is an amazing doctor. She saved my life. Her bedside manner is top notch. I have never had a more personable and caring doctor. I wish more would take after her.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option

Thank you for this wonderful comment regarding the care you received from Dr. Gilmer!