Dr. Holly Ashley Cothern, MD

Dr. Holly Ashley Cothern, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology  ·
Female  ·
Dr. Holly Ashley Cothern, MD is an obstetrics & gynecology specialist in Reno, NV and has been practicing for 12 years. She graduated from University of Wisconsin School of Medicine in 2002 and specializes in obstetrics & gynecology.Read her story

236 W 6th St Ste 303

Reno, NV 89503

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • AvMed

Learn about Dr. Ashley Cothern

See how frequently Dr. Ashley Cothern performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Pregnancy-Related Disorders
Ovarian Cysts
C-Section

Dr. Ashley Cothern's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Ashley Cothern's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Ashley Cothern "As a National Health Service Corps scholar, I moved to Reno, Nevada from St. Paul, Minnesota in the summer of 2006 to fulfill my service obligation at The Pregnancy Center. I spent the past 8 years serving underprivileged women and their families and have delivered over 400 babies per year since that time. In addition, I have built up a dedicated and loyal private practice following and integrated minimally invasive gynecologic procedures such as Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, ESSURE, and Hydrothermal endometrial ablation into my practice. Late this summer, I was given the opportunity to start my own private practice and to share office space and staff with Dr. Rafaela Hernandez, another well established ob/gyn in the Reno, Nevada medical community. I am thrilled to have the opportunity to serve women and families of all ages at my new office location. I have special interests in adolescent gynecology, menopausal health, high risk obstetrics, abnormal PAP and colposcopy, as well as infertility treatments. My husband Brett and I are avid hikers and skiiers and we love to explore Lake Tahoe and the Sierra Nevada Mountains. We are hoping to get our young son, Alex, who is 2 1/2 years old, out on skies for his first season up at Mount Rose this year. I am interested in fitness and positive thinking and strive to keep myself in excellent mental and physical shape through running, yoga, and meditation."

This content was provided by Dr. Ashley Cothern "My health care philosophy is based upon identifying the patient's needs and being dedicated to helping women achieve their health care goals through forming a relationship based upon mutual respect and trust.

My role as the obstetrician/gynecologist is to provide compassionate and caring medical services to all patients and treat patients like I would members of my own family.

Listening is key to the start of our medical and personal relationship and I strive to value your input in my effort to identify your individual needs.

My office staff is committed to providing professional and courteous services to you in our comfortable and private office setting.

Your health and empowering you in your health care decisions is my focus and goal.

Having had a baby boy myself in the Spring of 2012, I understand first hand how pregnancy is a time of excitement and anticipation for all of the family.  I strive to ensure that you are treated with dignity, compassion, and respect at all times. "

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Vaginal Delivery and VBAC
  • Vaginal Hysterectomy
  • Vaginal Surgery
  • Vaginosis Screening

No malpractice history found for Nevada.

• Washington University In Saint Louis
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1994
  • University of Wisconsin School of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 2002
  • University of Minnesotal Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Women's Health
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2003
  • University Of Minnesota Department Of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Women's Health
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2006

Dr. Ashley Cothern has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Ashley Cothern does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ashley Cothern and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Ashley Cothern's Reviews

2.6
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ashley Cothern to family and friends

Dr. Ashley Cothern's Performance

Dr. Ashley Cothern Says:
"

Thank you for providing me with your feedback.  Your opinion is very important to me and to my office staff.  We strive to provide you with a compassionate, caring, and confidential office experience and value your opinion so that we can continuously improve your experience in our practice.  I personally read every patient satisfaction survey and my office staff can be reached at the office by calling

...

Very disappointed, runs late on appts, and when i picked up med records to transition to new OB-GYN it got worse... -My name was incorrectly spelled (how do you mess that up?) -My family medical history is INCORRECT- assistant verbally asked my med history at first appointment, Dr. Ashley never...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Office staff is the worst in the Reno valley. Rude and never follow through on prescription assistance or calling you back as promised. Doctors should fire them all!!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Worst Office Staff ever! Make Appt. Show up 15 minutes early for appt., then wait 1 hour, get put in Examination room for an extra hour.... then get told Dr. Has to leave. Try two weeks to see if surgery is scheduled, when on phone to staff, they act liIke they don't know what I'm asking about. ...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Love doctor Ashley but the not to sure bout the office staff ! Everytime I go i would think they would have my chart in hand but ask me everytime when do I think I missed my last cycle !!!! As well trying to call them at 8 am is impossible even tho they say we open at 8 am it's 8:30 and phones...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Veru nice but the office staff isn't helpful, the waiting area is alwayd blazing hot and Dr. Ashley herself doesn't spend enough time with her patients. I always leave with questions and a worry list. I have complications this pregnancy and I don't feel like the appropriate actions have been taken...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Are you Dr. Ashley Cothern?