Obstetrics & Gynecology  |
Dr. Holly Ashley Cothern, MD
As a National Health Service Corps scholar, I moved to Reno, Nevada from St. Paul, Minnesota in the summer of 2006 to fulfill my service obligation at The Pregnancy Center. I spent the past 8 years serving underprivileged women and their families and have delivered over 400 babies per year since that time. In addition, I have built up a dedicated and loyal private practice following and integrated minimally invasive gynecologic procedures such as Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, ESSURE, and Hydrothermal endometrial ablation into my practice. Late this summer, I was given the opportunity to start my own private practice and to share office space and staff with Dr. Rafaela Hernandez, another well established ob/gyn in the Reno, Nevada medical community. I am thrilled to have the opportunity to serve women and families of all ages at my new office location. I have special interests in adolescent gynecology, menopausal health, high risk obstetrics, abnormal PAP and colposcopy, as well as infertility treatments. My husband Brett and I are avid hikers and skiiers and we love to explore Lake Tahoe and the Sierra Nevada Mountains. We are hoping to get our young son, Alex, who is 2 1/2 years old, out on skies for his first season up at Mount Rose this year. I am interested in fitness and positive thinking and strive to keep myself in excellent mental and physical shape through running, yoga, and meditation.

Main office with Dr. Rafaela Hernandez

236 W 6th St Ste 303

Reno, NV 89503

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • AvMed

Learn about Dr. Ashley Cothern

My health care philosophy is based upon identifying the patient's needs and being dedicated to helping women achieve their health care goals through forming a relationship based upon mutual respect and trust.

My role as the obstetrician/gynecologist is to provide compassionate and caring medical services to all patients and treat patients like I would members of my own family.

Listening is key to the start of our medical and personal relationship and I strive to value your input in my effort to identify your individual needs.

My office staff is committed to providing professional and courteous services to you in our comfortable and private office setting.

Your health and empowering you in your health care decisions is my focus and goal.

Having had a baby boy myself in the Spring of 2012, I understand first hand how pregnancy is a time of excitement and anticipation for all of the family.  I strive to ensure that you are treated with dignity, compassion, and respect at all times.

Dr. Ashley Cothern's Experience

Dr. Ashley Cothern's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Intrauterine Growth Restriction
  • Mastodynia
  • Maternal Anemia
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Ovarian Cysts
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
  • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Symptomatic Menopause

• Trichomoniasis Screening
  • Vaginal Delivery and VBAC
  • Vaginal Hysterectomy
  • Vaginosis Screening

No malpractice history found for Nevada.

• Washington University In Saint Louis
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1994
  • University Of Wisconsin School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 2002
  • University Of Minnesotal Department Of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Women's Health
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2003
  • University Of Minnesota Department Of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Women's Health
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2006

Dr. Ashley Cothern has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Ashley Cothern does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ashley Cothern and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Ashley Cothern's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ashley Cothern to family and friends
2.9
Dr. Ashley Cothern Says:

Thank you for providing me with your feedback.  Your opinion is very important to me and to my office staff.  We strive to provide you with a compassionate, caring, and confidential office experience and value your opinion so that we can continuously improve your experience in our practice.  I personally read every patient satisfaction survey and my office staff can be reached at the...

Dr. Ashley Cothern's Performance
sparks, nv |
Worst Office Staff ever! Make Appt. Show up 15 minutes early for appt., then wait 1 hour, get put in Examination room for an extra hour.... then get told Dr. Has to leave. Try two weeks to see if surgery is scheduled, when on phone to staff, they act liIke they don't know what I'm asking about. They Apparently do talk to Dr. or read Charts. This is the "scheduler"!. I always judge a Dr. By their Staff. What a disaster. They never return calls either.
Elk Grove, CA |
Love doctor Ashley but the not to sure bout the office staff ! Everytime I go i would think they would have my chart in hand but ask me everytime when do I think I missed my last cycle !!!! As well trying to call them at 8 am is impossible even tho they say we open at 8 am it's 8:30 and phones still not on or answering god forbid I forget I have a 8 or 9 am appt and need asst
Reno, NV |
Veru nice but the office staff isn't helpful, the waiting area is alwayd blazing hot and Dr. Ashley herself doesn't spend enough time with her patients. I always leave with questions and a worry list. I have complications this pregnancy and I don't feel like the appropriate actions have been taken or made a priority for myself and my baby's health.
in Fernley, NV |
I had some concerns in my first trimester and they were not addressed. I always left the office with more questions than answers. my husband and I felt very uneasy and decided to start looking for another doctor.
in Reno, NV |
Office staff is horrible and she doesn't spend enough time with patients. Did my surgery and I ended up having to do another because she noticed something and didn't take care of it. Waited forever in waiting room, she wasn't the most pleasant to work with and they didn't keep good track of records, never called back, and were terrible to work with. I would NEVER go there again.
in Reno, NV |
This is my first pregnancy, and unfortunately I had to switch Doctors due to insurance. My appointment was scheduled for my 17 week check-up. The day of my appointment I got a phone call cancelling. I was rescheduled for a month and a half later. I feel as though there was no urgency or concern, and I was told they couldn't do anything. I felt very uneasy having a doctor that I could not rely on to get me scheduled and keep my appointment in a timely manor. I will never consider her again.
Have you seen Dr. Holly Ashley Cothern, MD?
Are you Dr. Ashley Cothern?

Visit Dr. Ashley Cothern