Dr. Hoa Nguyen, MD

Dr. Hoa Nguyen, MD

Gynecologic Oncology  |
Dr. Hoa Nguyen, MD is a gynecologic oncology doctor who practices in Hollywood, FL. He is 60 years old and has been practicing for 34 years. Read his story

1150 N 35th Ave Ste 670

Hollywood, FL 33021

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • AvMed
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
  • CareOregon
  • CareSource

Learn about Dr. Nguyen

See how frequently Dr. Nguyen performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Vulvectomy
Myomectomy - Open and-or Laparoscopic
Excision of Cervix

Dr. Nguyen's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Nguyen's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Nguyen "Our number one goal is the patient. We always try to offer the best care for our patients and make them happy and healthy. We take care of all problems related to female pelvic organs from simple to complex ones, benign or cancers, failed surgeries, multiple surgeries or redo, non-mesh pelvic reconstruction for prolapse, urine and fecal leakage... and all esoteric gyn problems. We are the ultimate referral source for women with all kinds of gynecologic problems. Our philosophy is always try to do our best for our patients."

This content was provided by Dr. Nguyen "1.  Patient comes first.

2.  Always try to do the jobs right the first time so that they don't have to come back again and again for the same thing."

• Gynecologic Oncology

• Female Infertility
  • Gestational Diabetes
  • Gonorrhea Infections
  • Gynecologic Cancer
  • HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus)
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Hemorrhoids
  • Maternal Anemia
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Nausea
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
  • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
  • Prolapsed Bladder
  • Rectovaginal Fistula
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sickle Cell Disease

• Colpopexy
  • Colporrhaphy
  • Colposcopy
  • Cystourethroscopy and Transurethral Resection of Bladder Neck
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Myomectomy - Open and-or Laparoscopic
  • Osteoporosis Screening
  • Pap Smear
  • Paracentesis
  • Pelvic Exenteration (For: Gynecologic, Urinary, or Colorectal Malignancy)
  • Pregnancy Test

• Jackson Memorial Hospital-University Miami School Medicine
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1992
  • Reproductive Scientist Research Fellowship
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1994

Dr. Nguyen has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Nguyen has no media or publications listed.

• Vietnamese

Dr. Nguyen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Nguyen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Nguyen's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Nguyen to family and friends
4.0
Dr. Nguyen Says:

It may appear to some patients that I could make treatment decisions rather quickly.  It's not because I don't take the time but because of my experience and no nonsense approach allows me to arrive at assessments and treatments of your conditions more quickly than other doctors.

While some of you might not agree on my assessments and treatment recommendations and you think that I...

Dr. Nguyen's Performance
Great Doctor im very impress ,im a patient ,im also a nurse highly recomend him
in Dania Beach, Florida |
In 2004, Dr. Hoa Nguyen performed my hysterectomy and bladder repair with excellent medical skills and utmost professional care. It's been over ten years later, and I am in excellent health. I regularly visit Dr. Nguyen for my annual gynecological exam. His nursing staff is most friendly and personable. I have often recommended family and friends to Dr. Nguyen's professional care.
in Hollywood, FL |
Dr Nguyen has been my doctor for many years, and he is the kindest, most dedicated doctor I have ever met. He truly cares about all of his patients, and his extensive knowledge and years of experience really shows. If you need someone who will sit there and hold your hand, this is not his way, but if you want the best surgeon and gyn oncologist in south Florida, then he is the best.
in Hollywood, FL |
Poor communication with patients. Unwilling to clarify procedures and quick to perform surgery, without looking for further treatments. He is sarcastic and uncaring towards the patients feelings and concerns. I would not recommend this doctor
Sorry for your experience. I will try to do better. Wish you well.
in Pompano Beach, FL |
Do not let him do any vaginal "tightness". He shortened my vaginal canal to 3 inches long, and it's too tight for intercouse. Need corrective surgery now which is not covered by insurance. He offered to 'toss it' in during my total abdominal hysterectomy. Do not!! This is major surgery in its own. He never explained in detail what he was going to do. My regular Gynocologist was surprised to see what he had done.
Sorry that you did not have a good experience. At least you did not complain about the main problems that you came to me so I assume that those major problems resolved and your complaint was from a "tossed in" procedure to tighten a loose vagina. It is not my language to use the word "toss". Sometimes after vaginal surgeries, women develops scar at the perineum causing tightness with intercourse. The solution is a 5 minutes scar releasing surgery (episiotomy) for a simple fix.
in Port Orange , FL |
I moved away from Broward 2 years ago and i was concerened because i trust Dr. Nguyen fully and i would have to switch doctors. He was friendly, he cares about his patients and i feel he saved my life because after going to a speclist who doesnt listen and treats you with no results to show and then go to a dr who cares and listens , its all worth it. He was also very eespectful to my parents who were waiting for results after surgery. Thank you!
in O'Brien, Florida |
I have been a patient of Dr. Nguyen's for well over a decade now. I relocated from Broward to North Florida 2 years ago and I still drive 6 hours back to Broward just to see him for my annual check ups! He is a VERY knowledgeable MD and cares a lot about the health and well-being of his patients. I like his no-nonsense approach to his treatments. I would recommend him to anyone in need of a GOOD medical doctor that ACTUALLY cares about his patients! I will not see any other MD but him!
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
compassionate caring listens handshake.
in coral springs, FL |
A friend had her hysterectomy with him and recommended him. He was kind enough to take me as a patient in an emergency situation. I never had any doubt. I had faith and he lived up to that expectation. I had a complex situation and he did a wonderful job for which I am most grateful. No hesitation. This is your doctor to do your surgery.
in Miami, FL |
After 10 years and four surgeries, I was finally able to go to a doctor who actually knew how to help me! I live in Miami and I found Dr Nguyen through my daughter who lives in Broward. As he has a huge caseload of patients, he got right to the point for my visit and in 20 seconds knew how to help me. His office is very efficient and friendly and I highly recommend him to any woman who is looking for an A+ doctor, the Master, who can solve complex gyn cases. Thanks, Dr Nguyen and staff.
in Sunrise, FL |
I am very pleased with Dr. Nguyens surgery results and overall professionalism. I am writing this from the post surgery ward. Thank you to Dr. Coronel and Dr.Gotkin whom were exceptional with the pre-op arrangements. Thank you!
in Hialeah, FL |
Dr. Nguyen is talented, caring, and kind. Dr. Nguyen is all a patient/person can ever hope to have met, been treated, and been around for as long as possible.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
I was a high risk surgery. Dr. N. was recommended to me by my Christian Sisters who also went to him due to being high risk and not accepting blood transfusions. A Skilled doctor who can perform surgery without blood has tons of experience (advise you to do your research on the topic). If he says you need surgery than you do. I went in thinking that I needed only a partial hysterectomy but was advised via diagnostic tests I had cysts and other issues. All resolved w/one surgery.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
When i first met Dr. Nguyen I liked him right away. I came in with some serious issues. However after surgery i realized I had a lot more going on inside me than I realized and he took care of all of it. There was no rescheduling for another surgery. Thankful that by means of prayer and recommendations from my Christian sisters that I was able to meet and have Dr. Nguyen perform my total hysterectomy. In addition he had no issue that I do not accept blood. He handles high risks cases.
Have you seen Dr. Hoa Nguyen, MD?

Visit Dr. Nguyen