Obstetrics & Gynecology  |
Dr. Hetal Gor, MD
Dr. Hetal Gor is a board-certified physician specializing in obstetrics and gynecology at Women's Own OB/GYN in Englewood, New Jersey. She has international medical training and extensive experience in India, the UK, and the United States. Dr. Gor received her undergraduate and medical degree from the University of Mumbai in India. She completed OBGYN residencies at the BYL Nair Ch. Hospital in Mumbai, the William Harvey Hospital, Ashford, United Kingdom, and NYC Health Hospitals/Lincoln, Bronx, New York. Dr. While in New York, she received several honors, including Resident of the Year 2 years in a row. Dr. Gor has also been a valedictorian and won awards for original research. Dr. Gor shares her passion for the field of obstetrics and gynecology, publishing articles frequently on Medscape, a WebMD website, as well as health magazines. She has published articles on chronic pelvic pain, inhibin, and ectopic pregnancy. She's also a featured speaker and subject-matter expert for various professional organizations, news outlets, hospitals, medical and cultural organizations. Dr. Gor serves on the medical committee for the Share and Care Foundation, a nonprofit organization. She hosts her own medical talk show, Dr. Gor's Show, which airs on cable channel ITV in India and on YouTube. A member of the American College of OB/GYN, Physicians for Women's Health, and the American Society of Laparoscopic Surgeons, Dr. Gor also is a fellow of the College of Physicians and Surgeons and the American College of OB/GYN. She founded the Bergen Indian Medical Association and the Tenafly Indian Parent Association. Dr.Gor is fluent in English, Gujarati, Marathi, Urdu, Hindi, and Spanish. She lives in Northern New Jersey with her husband, who's also a physician, and their 3 children.

180 Grand Ave

Englewood, NJ 07631

• Amerihealth
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Devon Health
  • Health Net
  • MagnaCare
  • QualCare

Learn about Dr. Gor

We provide comprehensive gynecologic care which includes but not limited to adolescent,perimenopause and menopausal care. Dr. Gor has extensive experience in minimally Invasive and Bloodless surgery. Dr. Gor does robotically assisted cystectomy, myomectomy, hysterectomy and surgeries for endometriosis. Dr. Gor also does traditional exploratory laprotomy for the above mentioned procedures. Dr. Gor is also an expert in vaginal hysterectomy as well as prolapse surgeries.

Dr. Gor's Experience

Dr. Gor's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Incontinence
  • Mastodynia
  • Maternal Anemia
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Miscarriages
  • Multiple Gestation
  • Noninflammatory Cervical Disorders
  • Ovarian Cysts
  • Pap Smear Abnormalities
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
  • Pregestational Diabetes Mellitus
  • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Symptomatic Menopause

• Routine Gynecological Care
  • Sexually Transmitted Infections Screening
  • Thyroid Screening
  • Tubal Ligation
  • Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
  • Vaginal Delivery and VBAC
  • Vaginal Surgery

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• Topiwala National Medical College
    Medical School | Graduated 1994
  • Lincoln Medical & Mental Health Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1999
  • Lincoln Medical & Mental Health Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2003
  • Galloway Fellow,Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Hospital
    Other Education | Completed

Dr. Gor has no media or publications listed.

• Hindi
  • Polish

Dr. Gor does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gor and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Gor's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gor to family and friends
3.7
Dr. Gor's Performance
wayne nj |
I would highly recommend DR. Gor's services. I had a high risk pregnancy , Dr. Gor was my obstetrician . My water ruptured at 17 weeks and was hospitalized at Hackensack hospital. Dr. Gors bed side manner were outstanding. She was caring and compassionate to my needs. I had my child at 24 weeks with minimal complications. Today My daughter is 9 yrs. old and is a healthy and happy child. 9 yrs later Dr. Gor performed my very complicated hysterectomy with much success.
in Bergen County |
I have to be honest, after years of dealing with incompetency with my prior doctors staff, I have finally found a doctor & Office who I feel comfortable with. Dr. Gor's staff is very polite & professional and willing to assist in any way then can. That is refreshing. Her office is bright & clean. I found my 2 visits (I am fairly new) just fine. Dr. Gor took her time with me & was very thorough. If I had a question she took her time & explained in terms I could understand. Thank you Dr. Gor-LW
in NJ |
Horrible Doctor! Absolutely no regard for a patients time and concerns. Always running late and is late even during labor and delivery. All this just shows very poor time management skills. I will not recommend her to anyone.
in NJ |
After most of my adult life seeing a wonderful gynecologist, she decided to begin to wind down her practice and I could not imagine how I would find someone as incredible as she was to me - she even delivered my daughter 16 years ago. Dr. Gor was recommended by a friend and I was completely blown away by her honesty, professionalism, knowledge of new and valuable information and willingness to spend time with me. I am so thankful to have found her and am thrilled to call her my new Gynecologist.
Thank you so much for your honest, heartfelt review. It feels good to hear, that my patients appreciate all of my devotion and care I render.
San Jose, CA |
Amazing doctor. Highly knowledgeable and very compassionate. I have been going to her for last 8 years and it has been a wonderful experience. I can understand that being obgyn physician she can get busy due to emergence deliveries of other patients. I just hope people are more understanding about it.
in Cliffside Park,NJ |
The service was excellent. The staff was very polite and caring. The lady at the front desk answer all my question and even wrote what test I needed to be done. Dr. Gor was very nice and friendly She made me feel very comfortable. I don't like to go to doctors, but with her I would go. They made me feel like I was family. I would definitely recommend her service to my family and friends. I was very satisfied with the services.
in Bergen County, NJ |
I've gone to Dr. Gor countless times over the coarse of two years. In the beginning I was satisfied and thought she was an excellent provider however, as time went on I began to feel different. Firstly you wait 1 hr to 1.5 hr to be seen for 10 minutes. She's always in a hurry and never listens. She insisted I had a condition which I do not and proceeded to push drugs down my throat. She NEVER listened to my concerns and always spoke over me. Personally I would not recommend her.
We are so sorry you feel this way. I strive to provide the best care to all of my patients. We have no patient of record with the first or Last name "August." I would love to get more information so that I can try and resolve your concerns. Please contact our office at (201) 541-6868. I look forward to speaking with you.
in Tenafly, NJ |
I highly recommend Dr. Hetal Gor. Dr. Gor is brilliant! She has passed the medical boards in India, England and United States therefore I am very secure in her thorough examinations and recommendations. Once you are in the examining room time has no limit, she will take as long as necessary for me to comprehend the situation and options. She is extremely compassionate and caring taking calls in the evening, weekends and holidays. I believe in Dr. Gor so much that my daughter and mother go too.
in Union City, NJ |
Dr.Gor is an excellent Doctor She explains and answers all my questions without making you feel like she is in a rush to see other patients. Her staff is courteous. The only issue I is that the wait time is ridiculously. I waited over an hour after my appointed time. I would definitely recommend Dr. Gor.
I give Dr. Gore an A+++! She is so caring and helpful. I'm so happy her office is so close to home.
New York, NY |
I saw Dr. Gor during my last pregnancy. She was thorough and professional at all times.
Ft Lee, NJ |
I went in for a annual obgyn exam and a preconception consultation.My entire experience was extremely appalling. The wait time was nearly 1.5 hours. Additional wait time of another 40 minutes in the exam room. She spent less than 5 minutes with me including the examination, which was very painful. She was very rough with absolutely no patience. She was very rude while talking. She ordered blood test with no explanation. Later I get a genetic lab bill of $500,which is not covered by any insurance
Thank you for your feedback. During any patients appointments, we have to do certain testing especially for a preconception consultation. We do what is necessary to help the patients health. Your insurance coverage determines how much and what lab bills they will cover. My office did assist in resolving your concerns with the lab. Please give us a call at (201) 541-6868 if you have any more questions.
in Kings Park, NY |
I have been Dr. Gor's patient since 2008. She has been an exceptional, compassionate, and caring Doctor. She does run late occasionally however, that is to be expected when you are seeing a solo practitioner. She is one person seeing hundreds patients. Dr. Gor has been nothing but amazing with the care she has provided me with. I would not change her for the world and highly recomend her! I have been to numerous GYN'S and not one has cared for me as much as she has.
in Jersey City, NJ |
WORST WORST WORST DOCTOR I have come across in my life ! I was full term pregnant and had low amniotic fluids and was asked to deliver my baby immediately and Hetal made me run around 2 different hospitals where she dint have credentials (I literally got admitted into 1 hospital and had to check out within 30 mins because she dint have credentials in that hospital - for which i had to do co-pay from my pocket) She lied to us saying she will come and do my delivery till the last minute. Her co
Every patients care is specific to their pregnancy. Sometimes during labor, the condition of the baby and the mother can change. As you know, you and your baby are doing really good that shows the right care was given. Sometimes things don't always go as planned such a vaginal birth but the health of the baby and mother are top priority. It is understandable that you are upset but it doesn't mean that the right care was not given.
Englewood nj |
If I can choose no star I would. I am extremely unhappy with the care I had received. She did not provide compassionate care and was not upfront about no longer doing deliveries at Hackensack hospital. I got sick and had to be induced and she had never called to follow up to see how I was or how the delivery went. Other issues with her not reading reports In a timely fashion. I had to call and beg that she review my results. Hour +waits for her to see you in just 5 minutes.
We are so sorry you feel this way. When you called us, we understood you weren't feeling good so we scheduled you as an emergency. Once I checked you, I made a decision to get you admitted and delivered. I had to make last minute arrangements. It may look like I only spent a few minutes with you but in the background, I was getting reports on your care and health from my covering doctor as well as staff. Please call my office at (201) 541-6868 if you have any more concerns.
in Edgewater, NJ |
Horrible Doctor, Always late, even late for my wife's delivery which turned a good going regular delivery into c section. what kind of doctor can be late for delivery.
Have you seen Dr. Hetal Gor, MD?

See our Obstetrics & Gynecology Specialist at Hackensack University Medical Center

Visit Dr. Gor

Dr. Gor accepts 11 insurance carriers
    Aetna PPO
  • Amerihealth
    Amerihealth HMO
    Amerihealth PPO
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Devon Health