Dr. Herman Thompson Jr, MD

Dr. Herman Thompson Jr, MD

Dermatology  |
Dr. Herman Thompson Jr, MD is a dermatology doctor who practices in Columbia, SC. He is 75 years old and has been practicing for 49 years.

1730 Henderson St Ste C

Columbia, SC 29201

Learn about Dr. Thompson Jr

See how frequently Dr. Thompson Jr performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Fungal Nail Infection
Ringworm
Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
high

Dr. Thompson Jr's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Dermatology

• Dermatology
    Accredited by: American Board of Dermatology*
    Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

• Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Jock Itch
  • Keloid Scar
  • Lichen Planus
  • Lipomas
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Nail and Nail Bed Infection

• Destruction of Benign Skin Lesion
  • Destruction of Malignant Skin Lesion
  • Shaving of Skin Lesion
  • Skin Tag Removal

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for South Carolina.

• Univ Of Nc Chapel Hill Sch Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1968
  • Medical College Of Georgia Hospital and Clinic
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1969
  • Medical College Of Georgia Hospital and Clinic
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1970

Dr. Thompson Jr has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Thompson Jr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Thompson Jr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Thompson Jr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Thompson Jr to family and friends
3.0
Dr. Thompson Jr's Performance
Columbia, SC |
I have been trying to get a shampoo called in to Walmart for over a month. I have called the office every week and still nothing has been called in.
in Columbia, SC |
I took my elderly father in per his internists' referral to check a spot on his head. Dr. Thompson refused to look at a spot on his leg that I had noticed during the same visit, saying he did not have time. The nurse assured him that he had plenty or time, but he refused. When we came back for a follow up appointment, he again refused to look at the spot. Dr. Thompson is only interested in money. By my father coming in 3 times, Dr. Thompson was able to charge for 3 office visits. Do not go here!
in Columbia, SC |
I went in for a skin screening appointment. The doctor cut off three different moles and I left to go home. Dr Thompson then called me to come back in for another appointment saying something along the lines of "after looking at the skin sample, it looks like we didn't get some of the borders of the mole the first time". I came back in, they cut off the same area (leaving a much bigger scar), and then charged me again. Then then refused to remove the charges. Seems more into money than care
in Columbia, SC |
This is without a doubt the worst run doctors office in South Carolina. Paid for services at the time of appointment 4 months ago yet continue to receive past due bills in the mail. Have called 4 different times to have the matter resolved and keep getting told the office manager is looking into it and will call back. Still have yet to receive a return phone call. Also, they make me schedule an appointment just to have a prescription refilled for Propecia every 3 months.
Columbia, SC |
Well, I never got a chance to be seen. The receptionist gave me so much of a run-around about my daughter's insurance(which she has and was verified)... I felt they didn't want my business. The receptionist kept saying my name wrong and not listening. I would not recommend this doctor's office.
in Columbia, SC |
Dr. Thompson was very attentive to my needs for acne. Dr. Thompson realizes there is no need to need to continually rely on Medications for your skin. Dr. Thompson recommended a few over the counter products for me to use to help out my pocket. The medications given by Dr. Thompson started out gradual. Dr. Thompson wanted to start minimal and work his was to what my skin needed to control my acne. Dr. Thompson finally found the remedy and I'm acne free !
Columbia, SC |
Very unprofessional the respstinist is unprofessional who tell someone when they return for they next vist that if the bring thier kids with them they wil have to stand or push back appointments they other people had for a walk in to be seen which said he did not want to sit by color very unprofessional also the doctor doesnt seem to know what hes doing recommend the same thing that im already using he doesnt look at the paper as in to why you are visting to know whats going on
Columbia, SC |
Dr. Thompson Jr. did not seem to be concern with my conditions. He brushed it off and recommended things like lotion and over the counter as if I was not already using over the counter products. I DIDN'T COME TO BE RECOMMENDED OVER THE COUNTER PRODUCTS. He even asked the lady taking notes for him what she think. Which seemed to me unprofessional. I will not be going back. He act like he couldn't do nothing for me.
in Columbia, SC |
I went to see Dr. Thompson for very occasional acne that did not leave any scarring. He provided me with Epiduo and I applied as directed the first night. The next morning I had a large, swollen irritation on my face, so I gave him a call. He said come by and I will have a look. He said it was not an allergic reaction and said to keep using it. So with some doubts I used it again, this time it caused two large cysts. He would not return my phone calls about the matter, and now I have two scars.
Have you seen Dr. Herman Thompson Jr, MD?
Are you Dr. Thompson Jr?