Dr. Herman Botero, DO

Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery ·  Male · Age 45

Dr. Botero

Knoxville Orthopedic Clinic

260 Fort Sanders West Blvd Bldg 6 Knoxville, TN 37922

Dr. Herman Botero, DO is a reconstructive orthopedic surgery specialist in Knoxville, TN and has been practicing for 5 years. He graduated from Ny Coll Of Osteo Med Ny Inst Of Tech Old Westbury in 2004 and specializes in reconstructive orthopedic surgery, orthopedic surgery, and more.

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Botero

Dr. Botero?
Dr. Botero's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Herman Botero, DO
RecentMost Helpful
Partial knee replacement surgery went very well, no post-surgery problems or issues, PT ice and elevate. Recovery going exceptionally well. I highly recommend Dr. Botero.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Herman Botero, DO?
Knee replacement june’18! No Pain! Got up walking and haven’t stopped! I am 70 yrs old. Can ride my horse and do any farm work without pain!! Amazing!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Herman Botero, DO?
He spent a lot of time with me explaining what was going on in my hip, when I would need replacement, what the replacement procedure entailed, what I could do after surgery, what the recovery would be like. I had the surgery and things went great for the first week and then I got an inflammation in one of the muscles. He and his staff quickly attended to the problem and now six weeks after surgery, I am doing great. I have also had a knee replacement by him and everything went great.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Herman Botero, DO?
Dr. Botero, did a total knee placement in Oct. 2018 in 3 days I was walking with no help. Staff are awesome and very kind. I recommend this office for any Orthopedics problems.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Herman Botero, DO?
I was scared to death about having hip surgery...then I met Dr. Botero. He and his staff are awesome. Everyone was so kind, patient, knowledgeable...and they made me feel special. The experience from start to finish went so smoothly, (I just did water aerobics for the first time in years!) I'm almost looking forward to having my second hip done (almost.) I am looking forward to being a whole new person in only a few months. Before my surgery, I was not able to stand up straight and every time
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Herman Botero, DO?
EXCELLENT CARE AND BEDSIDE MANNER. I CREDIT DR. BOTERO WITH MY EASY RECOVERY FROM PARTIAL KNEE REPLACEMENT.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Herman Botero, DO?
Dr. Botero performed a minimally-invasive hip replacement. He and his staff are remarkable! Dr. Botero is highly skilled, professional and personable. He took his time in explaining the surgery procedure and explained in detail what to anticipate post-op. I cannot say enough good things about him and his entire staff! I highly recommend him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Herman Botero, DO?
I am so impressed by Dr. Botero's knowledge and skill. He did a knee replacement for me using a minimally invasive technique and within a few weeks I began to feel less pain that before the surgery. The first appointment convinced me I made the right decision in selecting Dr. Botero. Without any prompting, he knew the pain I was experiencing and took the time to explain how the knee replacement surgery would make my everyday activities better.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Herman Botero, DO?
Dr. Botero and his staff is amazing! I returned to work within two weeks of a total hip replacement. I am 8 weeks out now and have literally NO PAIN! I'm able to walk, exercise, climb stairs, hike, keep up with my kids, and myriad things I wasn't able to do before the surgery. His skill and knowledge has given me a quality of life that I didn't think possible after 23 years of hip/joint issues. He is the best!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Herman Botero, DO?
Dr. Botero performed a minimally-invasive knee replacement on me in February 2018. As a veteran on joint replacements due to osteoarthritis, I can say that is was the best experience I've ever had. I strongly recommend the minimally-invasive surgery and Dr. Botero specifically. At my first appointment, he took all the time needed to explain the pros and cons. The surgery process went off without a hitch. 7 weeks later I have no pain and just a little stiffness that will work itself out.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Herman Botero, DO?
I recently had a Partial Knee Replacement by Dr. Botero and his staff at the Surgery Center. From the time I walked in until the time surgery was completed and I left Dr. Botero and his ENTIRE staff treated me like Royalty! Highly recommend Dr. Botero as he is very personable and cares about his patients from the first time he sees them until well after surgery.He explained everything to myself and my Fiance the morning of surgery and how it went afterward.A+++ to Dr Botero and his ENTIRE staff
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Herman Botero, DO?
I work in Healthcare and was told of Dr. Botero by a patient I had who highly recommended him. I was impressed upon meeting and talking with him., He has a wonderful, caring and involved staff assisting in your care.. I had a total knee replacement in September and did great. Dr. Botero is a highly trained, very skilled professional with a great bedside manner. I would recommend him to anyone with knee or hip problems. Thank you Dr. Botero -you are the BEST and I am blessed.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Herman Botero, DO?
Dr. Botero is an amazing surgeon who has the skill, training & experience to perform minimally invasive surgeries on the hips and knees. A relatively new way of replacing joints, the patient usually recovers much faster due replacement without muscle invasion. We are blessed to have Dr. Botero in Knoxville! In 2016 I had total hip replacement & was back at work in 4 wks. In Sept. 2017 I had total knee & am recovering quickly. Professional, patient-friendly & thorough describes Dr. Botero.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Herman Botero, DO?
Dr. Botero did my right total hip replacement and I could not have had a better experience. His entire staff is very kind and professional. I went from taking a a handful of pain pills a day to being completely pain free thanks to Dr. Botero. I would recommend Dr. Botero to anyone suffering from hip or knee arthritis.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Herman Botero, DO?
Dr. Botero did an excellent job on my hip replacement. I was walking without assistance in 10 days. Very professional. He and his staff were very attentive and available for any questions or issues. I breezed through this process. Very pleased!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Herman Botero, DO?
Dr. Botero did my hip replacement 3 weeks ago. My recovery has been amazing and much easier than expected. I used a walker for a couple days, a cane for another 3 and then, I was on my way without any assistance. I had very little pain and did not need pain medication after a couple of days. I followed the well presented instructions in a notebook to the tee. I did all the exercises prior to surgery and after, along with physical therapy. I was driving in 12 days. Highly recommend KOC!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Herman Botero, DO?
I just had my second knee done by Dr. Botero and couldn't be more pleased with the results. I would highly recommend Dr. Botero and his staff. They are total professionals all the way.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Herman Botero, DO?
Dr Botero is the best listener of any doctor I have ever had! He explained my condition and the surgery very thoroughly to me and answered all of my questions. He is a highly competent, compassionate, excellent surgeon. I highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Herman Botero, DO?
Dr. Botero was very thorough in explaining the procedure and what to expect before and after the surgery. Great personality and made me feel very comfortable. The surgery went smoothly and I've not had any problems. I highly recommend Dr. Botero. The staff was excellent, very courteous and kept me up-to-date on what I needed to do before and after surgery. I'm exceptionally please with the whole process.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Herman Botero, DO?
What you do 6 weeks after Hip replacement ? I Zip Lined ! I saw Dr Herman Botero with KOC today he said the X-rays looked great and said not a bad " Funky Monkey & Superman " on the zip line too ! I'm a 58 yr old landscaper & could not do my job any more because of Hip pain I saw Dr Botero and he said "Dude you need a hip" He did the surgery Nov. 28 2016 & Jan. 8th I went on a mission trip to Granada ,Nicaragua for the month & did a Zip Line trip while there too ! The Doc knows his stuff
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Botero?

Dr. Botero has been in practice since 2009 and is a Board Certified Orthopedic Surgeon specializing in hip and knee reconstruction and replacement. He is committed to providing the most current, successful treatment options that help relieve pain and...

• Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery

2005
2004
1998

Dr. Botero accepts

Dr. Botero accepts the following insurance:

Coventry Health Care
Coventry Health America PPO
Preferred PPO
Tricare

No malpractice claims found for Tennessee

Check Dr. Botero's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Botero's Top Procedures and Conditions

Osteoarthritis

Dr. Botero treats Osteoarthritis more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Botero treats this condition more than 100% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Osteoarthritis of Ankle

• Knee and Leg Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Knee Arthritis
  • Knee Dislocation Treatment
  • Knee Replacement Revision
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Lupus
  • Trigger Finger
  • Uni-Compartmental Knee Replacement
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate
  • Wear and Tear Arthritis

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Botero treats patients.