Dr. Heripsime Ohanian, MD

Dr. Heripsime Ohanian, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology  |
21 reviews

Dr. Heripsime Ohanian, PhD, MD, FACOG, DABRM, DABLS is a highly educated physician practicing cosmetic surgery for over 12 years and Gynecology for over 25 years. Expanding beyond gynecology and women's health care, she uses her scientific and medical background to provide highly effective, comprehensive care to her patients at Bergen Aesthetics in Paramus, New Jersey. Dr. Ohanian studied medicine at Drexel University. She's one of the first 31 doctors to be board certified by the American Board of Regenerative Medicine. She brings a unique, research-oriented perspective to bear on the problems all of her patients' experience with the signs of aging. Additionally, she's one of approximately 150 physicians worldwide who is board certified by the American Board of Laser Surgery. Dr. Ohanian's practice is a cynosure center of excellence and the Northeast Regional Training Center for the MonaLisa® Touch device. Dr. Ohanian actively serves as a member of the Institute of Cellular and Regenerative Medicine Institutional Review Board, as well as a lead investigator on regenerative medicine focused clinical trials....See Less

• Amerihealth
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Devon Health
  • Health Net
  • MagnaCare
  • Oxford Health Plans
  • QualCare

Learn about Dr. Ohanian

We are committed to delivering the best care and an exceptional patient experience. We are devoted to providing services that are patient-centered and compassionate, and care for you as a person.

Dr. Ohanian's Experience

Dr. Ohanian's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Asymptomatic Post-Menopausal Status
  • Cervical Polyps
  • Cervicitis
  • Endometriosis
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Hemorrhoids
  • Mastodynia
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Miscarriages
  • Noninflammatory Cervical Disorders
  • Ovarian Cancer
  • Ovarian Cysts
  • Pap Smear Abnormalities
  • Perimenopause
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Symptomatic Menopause
  • Vaginitis and-or Vaginosis
  • Yeast Infections

• Colporrhaphy
  • Colposcopy
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Endocervical Curettage
  • Fluid Contrast Ultrasound
  • Hysteroscopy
  • Incontinence Sling Procedure
  • Laparotomy
  • Myomectomy - Open and-or Laparoscopic
  • Vulvectomy
  • Wound Repair

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• Medical College of Pennsylvania
    Medical School | Graduated 1984
  • Hahnemann University Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Hahnemann University Hospital

Dr. Ohanian has no media or publications listed.

• Armenian
  • French
  • Turkish

Dr. Ohanian does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ohanian and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Hackensack University Medical Center

2.3
Dr. Ohanian's Performance
    FAIR
    GOOD
Dr. Ohanian's office may be filled with numerous degrees and certifications, but she must have skipped every lesson on social skills, manners, and common decency. After multiple visits of being disrespected, I will not be returning. There is a difference between being blunt and honest with your patients, and being downright cruel. You should never leave a doctor's office feeling bullied and bad about yourself. A doctor should never call you a liar, or judge you when you answer questions honestly
Union, NJ |
Dr. O is a very smart physician who is interested in treating the whole person. I have seen her for over a year and look forward to continuing my female health care and wellness. She is friendly and very casual with her patients in the exam room. We laugh through the treatments.
Ft Lee, NJ |
Had to wait a really long time after I was asked to come in earlier than my appointment. Got literally yelled at and fat-shamed by Dr. O. I'm not even going to get into details but it was bad- she made fun of my body. My last time going back.
in mahwah, nj |
THE WORST DR. After a checkup, she sent me for a biopsy for a cyst in my breast. The hospital told me it was benign. Dr. O's nurse called me at 9:00pm a week later and said I had breast cancer completely like it was no big deal. I broke down. When I called her right back Dr. O Yelled at me and said She isn't working and to call back another day. My mom was so upset, she called her everyday for a week, and Dr.O refused to answer or call us back. DO NOT EVER CONSIDER SEEING HER.
Montvale, NJ |
I have been seeing Dr. Ohanian for the last 5+ years and haven't been happy. I need to set aside 1.5 hours for a regular checkup and only 10min of that is spent with her. I can recall ONE time when the front desk gave me a courtesy call about the delay; if you're running late at least let your patients know. I agree with past comments with the use of the words "judgmental", "condescending", and "unwelcome" - I have felt all of these. Her personality is definitely cold, however I catch her on a
I have been coming to Dr. Ohanian for laser hair removal treatments. They have been working wonderfully. Very professional and pleasant staff and Doctor. Wouldn't ever consider going anywhere else. I highly recommend her.
Run for the hills. She told me to use two condoms during intercourse which should be enough said but it gets better. At one point during an exam I was a bit squirmy when she inserted two gloved fingers into me(which I think is a pretty normal reaction) and in response to my expression of discomfort she responded relax don't you like this during sex?. She also inserted her unwanted opinions on sex every chance she got and gave a lot of blatantly bad advice. Cherry on top was the hour long wait.
Have you seen Dr. Heripsime Ohanian, MD?
Are you Dr. Ohanian?

Visit Dr. Ohanian

Dr. Ohanian accepts 12 insurance carriers
    Aetna PPO
  • Amerihealth
    Amerihealth HMO
    Amerihealth PPO
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Devon Health