Dr. Herbert McCowen, MD

Dr. Herbert McCowen, MD

Family Medicine  |

Dr. Herbert McCowen, MD is a family medicine doctor who practices in Overland Park, KS. He is 59 years old. Dr. McCowen is affiliated with Menorah Medical Center.

Learn about Dr. McCowen

I am a member of Midwest Physicians, an integrated, multi-specialty group that strives to provide high quality, compassionate healthcare in a caring, affordable, timely and accessible manner. Our doctors collaborate with patients, their physician colleagues and other healthcare professionals to help ensure each patient s individual healthcare needs are met.I have a great interest in preventative medicine and believe it s one of the most important aspects of my practice. Taking time to interact and listen to the patient is also very important to me.

Video

Dr. McCowen's Experience

Dr. McCowen's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine
  • Board certified in Family Practice

• Family Practice
    Accredited by: American Board of Family Medicine*

• Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Asthma
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Chronic Sinusitis
  • Infectious Diseases
  • Injuries
  • Otitis Media
  • Pneumonia

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Kansas.

• University of Kansas / School of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated
  • Goppert-Trinity Family Care

Dr. McCowen has no media or publications listed.

Dr. McCowen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. McCowen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. McCowen's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. McCowen to family and friends
Dr. McCowen's Performance
in Overland Park, KS |
I would and I have recommended Dr. McCowen. I have been going to him for over 25 years. He sees my husband, my two children, my father, and my brother and his family! We love Dr. McCowen's kindness, patience, knowledge, advice, and his ability to take the time and LISTEN! He has the a heart of gold. In my family they know I am serious when I say I want to "clone" him! It would be wonderful if all doctors cared like he does and took the time to listen to patients.
in Overland Park, KS |
Dr. McCowen was able to see me within a day or two of requesting my appointment. There was minimal wait time on the actual day of the appointment, and he was thorough in his assessment of the situation. Dr. McCowen always is able to bring a common sense and practical approach to the treatment of his patients.
in Kansas City, MO |
This was my first time seeing Dr. McCowen and he was great. He asked good questions and gave open and honest answers. I am absolutely comfortable recommending him to anyone looking for a good family doctor.
Have only had positive experiences with Dr. McCowen the 18 years seeing him. My family, wife and son, see him also and are very pleased. He is very positive and a matter of fact doctor. Staff has always been helpful and friendly.
in Overland Park, Kansas |
Dr McCowen is always willing to listen and shows genuine concern for my problems.
in Plenert |
Dr McCown has been our family doctor for many years. This includes our daughter and her family. He always allows time to hear our health questions and prescribes the best care for any illnesses.
Irving, TX |
Very likely.
in Kansas City, KS |
Can not expect a better visit. Doc takes great care with his patients and takes the time to listen and work in all aspects of my health. I can say without a doubt that I would not be here today if it wasn't for Dr McCowen. I have been a loyal patient of Doc for over 20 years and I personally hate seeing another doctor for anything, I absolutely trust Dr. McCOWEN with my health care
Gardner, KS |
I have been seeing DR. Mccowen for many years. He always takes the time to explain questions I may have. He has given me good advice about different options too correct a problem. Good communicator.
in Kansas City, MO |
Dr. McCowen is the perfect PCP for me. He always makes me feel like I have an active role in the management of my own health. He explains things in a way that I understand and is always sympathetic. I always leave feeling satisfied. If there is anything else on his mind, I could never guess because he always makes me feel like I am his first priority. Besides all that Dr. McCowen is just an enjoyable person to be around. I would and do recommend him to anyone in need of a doctor.
Elmhurst, IL |
I have changed doctors 3 times in the last year because no one could figure out what was wrong with me. One visit with him and I had a diagnosis and surgery a week later. So thankful for him.
in Overland Park, KS |
I would highly recommend Dr. McCowen. He has dealt expertly dealt with any issue I've had in an appropriate manner. He takes time to listen and is compassionate, informative, and honest. I truly believe he has his patients' bests interests foremost in his mind.
in Overland Park, KS |
I have been a patient of Dr. McCowens for close to 30 years. Dr. McCowen will treat any of your medical problems with the interest and concern as if they were happening to one of his family members. His medical knowledge and compassion are both first rate!
Have you seen Dr. Herbert McCowen, MD?
Are you Dr. McCowen?

Visit Dr. McCowen

Dr. McCowen accepts 40 insurance carriers
    Aetna POS
    Aetna PPO
    National Advantage
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
    Beech Street (Multiplan) PPO
  • Cenpatico Behavioral Health
    Cigna POS
  • Comp Choice
    Comp Results
  • Compassionate Care Network (CCN)
    Compassionate Care Network (CCN) PPO