Dr. Henry VanPala, MD

Internal Medicine ·  Male · Age 67

Dr. VanPala

North Hills Internal & Integrative Medicine

1631 Midtown Pl Ste 101 Raleigh, NC 27609

Dr. Henry VanPala, MD is an internal medicine specialist in Raleigh, NC and has been practicing for 34 years. He graduated from Michigan State College Of Human Medicine-M.D. in 1990 and specializes in internal medicine and gastroenterology.

Dr. VanPala accepts

Dr. VanPala accepts the following insurance:

Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
HealthPlus
inHealth
INTotal Health
IN Total Health
Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)

No malpractice claims found for North Carolina

• Diverticulosis, Intestinal
  • Dysphagia
  • Esophageal Diseases
  • Esophagitis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Malabsorption
  • Reflux Esophagitis
  • Stomach Diseases
  • Ulcer
  • Unexplained Weight Loss

As a Yale Trained Internal Medicine specialist with Both Current Board Certification in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology I am very well qualified to apply evidence based comprehensive care of the whole patient. Care that is focused on wellness ...

• Gastroenterology

1990
Michigan State College Of Human Medicine-M.D.
1985

76.19047619047619%

Dr. VanPala?
Dr. VanPala's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Henry VanPala, MD
Sent from my iPhone Dr. Van Pala is an extraordinary talent in these trying times of the medical field. His office staff including the scheduler need to be fired. The worst office staff with no clear understanding on scheduling. After many fruitless attempts in calling the office staff to reschedule, I learned through the scheduler that it’s “best” to call them through a landline phone. “My problem” is my cell phone provider is what I was informed through this babling idiot. I was charged t
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Henry VanPala, MD?
Doctor VanPala is an excellent practitioner. He spends time with me and listens to what is going on with me. A practitioner that will actually listen to the patient seems very difficult to find these days. He has a genuine interest in trying to improve and optimize my overall health. I would recommend him to anyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Henry VanPala, MD?
I had the most horrible experience with this physician, he was rude, cursed a me, lacked professionalism. I was referred to this physician which made it harder. I was so caught off guard by his bedside manner. I would not recommend this physician to anyone. Words really can't explain how he made me feel. I had read his review prior to seeing him don't believe them b/c he certainly wasn't a caring person/professional.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Henry VanPala, MD?
Dr. Henry VanPala saved my life after I got hurt in Iraq.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Henry VanPala, MD?
I think the best way to describe Dr Van Pala is: he is the kind of doctor America used to have before the medical field became more about business and profit. He takes as much time as is required to hear you out, understand a symptom, and analyze it to get an accurate diagnosis. I've never seen him look at watch like some doctors - as long as Dr Van Pala is practicing medicine, that is who I will be seeing. It's that simple.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Henry VanPala, MD?
I'm from Long Island, NY and I'm Italian. Dr. Van Pala is almost all of that (is from NY, but maybe not the island) and he is tuned into the same wavelength as me. I loved my first visit with him. It seems that he is answering all of my medical needs and then some. Great bedside manner if you don't like stuffy, over professional types. I have recommended him to my friends.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Henry VanPala, MD?
Although the office staff were very pleasant and apologetic, the practice is hopelessly disorganized. I waited an hour to see Dr VanPala for my first appt and then waited over 30 minutes on 2 separate occasions to get blood drawn. I gave up both times. Dr VanPala was friendly and spent a good deal of time with me during my appointment, but I felt that he didn't listen and was patronizing and inappropriate to boot. I like his approach to health problems but will look for another provider.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Henry VanPala, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Van Pala for several months. Rating this practice on a scale of 1-10, I would rate the office 3 or even a 2. Dr. Van Pala is a kind, empathetic, humble, with a great bedside manner and caring. His nurse can be described as a babbling idiot. She is a detriment rather than an asset to this medical practice. If you are looking for lectures from her, no follow up calls this is not the office you want to be going to. I have asked for data/test results to faxed to
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Henry VanPala, MD?
Dr. Henry is the best doctor I have ever met. He is a real life Dr. House but humble. I can't say enough good things about what he has done for me, my husband and many others I know!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Henry VanPala, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. VanPala?

North Hills Internal & Integrative Medicine