Dr. Henry Schulte III, MD

Adult PsychiatryMaleAge 76

Dr. Schulte III

Henry J Schulte MD

7101 E Indian School Rd Scottsdale, AZ 85251

Dr. Henry Schulte III, MD is a Adult Psychiatry Specialist in Scottsdale, AZ. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Schulte III to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Adult Psychiatry Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Friendly Staff
    Patients said the staff was friendly. See reviews

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Arizona

Check Dr. Schulte III's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Schulte III's conditions and procedures:

• Addiction
  • ADHD and-or ADD
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Behavior Modification
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Medication Management
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Outpatient Psychiatry
  • Panic Disorder
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychological Testing
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Schizophrenia
  • Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)

Dr. Schulte III accepts

Dr. Schulte III accepts the following insurance:

Self Pay

Dr. Schulte III's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Schulte III

3.7

Dr. Schulte III?
  • Explained conditions well (24)
  • Wait times (24)
  • Listened & answered questions (23)
  • Difficult to schedule appointment (10)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (9)
  • Appointment was rushed (8)
A highly competent and compassionate doctor whom I have known for many years. He has treated me and other family members effectively. Highly recommended.
Tony – Jul 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Henry Schulte III, MD?
Dr. Schulte is an excellent Doctor. I went saw him as a teen struggling with ADHD and Depression and again when I was in my early 20's. He is compassionate, responsive, encouraging, and discerning with how to help treat the issues at hand customized to the individual client.
Apr 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Henry Schulte III, MD?
Dr Schulte has treated me for 15 years and with reduced medication I am symptom free from my depression and anxiety. He has a warm scholarly demeanor and his office is very responsive to calls re medication.
Sep 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Henry Schulte III, MD?
My son with severe social phobia and schizoaffective disorder saw this doctor many years ago as a teen. During that time, my son's choice of dress and grooming were quite odd, which (unbeknownst to him) drew others attention. When he was explaining to this doctor, his continuous fear that others were watching, analyzing his every move, the doctor replied --"Then why do you dress like that?" I was angered and stunned. Needless to say, we left. That statement alone showed his glaring lack of competence in the fields of communication and this complex, horrific diagnosis.
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Aug 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Henry Schulte III, MD?
I knew what to do when I had a appendicitis attack but I didn't know what to do when I had a panic attack. A friend recommended dr. Schulte and they got me in quickly and dr. Schulte found a medication that was compatible to my problem. There is nothing worse that I know of than having a panic attack and know that an emergency room will not solve this problem. I am so grateful to Dr Schulte for helping me through this awful period. I will be forever grateful! Jim e
Jim e in scottsdale, AZ – Dec 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Henry Schulte III, MD?
Dr. Henry Schulte is smart, experienced, capable, knowledgeable, empathic, honest, and wise. I went through a terrible long period of time (8 years!) with sick and dying and then dead parents and Dr. Schulte helped me to deal with this because I had to deal with this all alone. I also for some reason have intense insomnia and before I saw Dr. Schulte I literally went months and months without sleeping -- only resting. He helped me with this, too. Etc. I highly recommend Dr. Henry Schulte.
Suzanne in Scottsdale, AZ – Dec 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Henry Schulte III, MD?
I like to use the words that Dr. Schulte saved my marriage and my life. I had been struggling with depression for quite some time and it was really affecting my life. I had been to several doctors who tried everything with no success. After hearing about Dr. Schulte I went to him and that's when my life was changed. Thank you Dr. Schulte for listing to me and making a difference in my life. My family and myself are more than grateful!!!!
Aaron in Tempe, AZ – Oct 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Henry Schulte III, MD?
For at least two decades now we've traveled 58 miles round trip to see Dr. Schulte. That speaks volumes in and of itself. Dr. Schulte is a laid back kind of guy; he's an excellent listener and questions are thoughtful. He doesn't spend all our time behind a desk; rather, he grabs a chair to sit and talk. If I were in the hospital I'd say his "bedside manner" is that of a "top doc"; the same can be said of his office demeanor.
Bonnie & Rusty Bussert in Mesa, AZ – Oct 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Henry Schulte III, MD?
Dr. Schulte is fabulous! He is compassionate, humoristic (when needed), and gets right to the source of my psychic pain. He developed an innovative medication plan for me. The plan is something that has finally helped me with issues I have struggled with for years. It brings me to tears of gratitude and hope for a better future. Thanks Dr. Schulte: You Rock : :
Catt – Sep 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Henry Schulte III, MD?
Dr Schulte was incredible. He basically saved my life dealing not only with addiction (alcohol) but underlying life issues with counseling and medications. Have been with five years. Keeps me grounded.
Dennis – Sep 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Henry Schulte III, MD?
Dr Schulte is truly an amazing doctor who is kind, thoughtful, and experienced. He really takes into consideration what the patient wants and feels is best for them. He’s very respectful and genuinely cares. He’s also a great supporter. He cares about my spouse and likes to have family/spouse involved.
Margarita in AZ – Aug 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Henry Schulte III, MD?
I have trusted Dr Schulte absolutely & with perfect faith in his treatment of my bipolar disorder & overall mental health & well being for more than 20 years. And I have felt confident referring family & friends to his practice. I’m so anxious about what I’ll do if he retires before I die! ?? I’m so lucky that, by the luck of the draw, my employer-provided health plan sent me to the Schulte Institute. I’m such a fan!!!
Tracey Hook in Phoenix, AZ – Feb 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Henry Schulte III, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Schulte's for twelve and one half years. As I have told my friends, family, and Dr. Schulte, he saved my life. He has been able to help me with my addictions, alcoholism, relationships, and my severe clinical depression. Everyday used to be a struggle. Today, I have an awesome life. It does not mean there is not any problems, but it means that I can handle these issues as life presents them. I am ever so grateful for the help he has given to me.
Joan in Tempe Az. – Jan 22, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Henry Schulte III, MD?
Dr. Schulte III has been a life saver. Even though I have been a unique case, Dr. Schulte III has persevered to get the right treatment for me. He takes his time in explaining things so that you understand. I always feel that he wants what is best for me and truly cares that I do get better. I have recommended him for others as well. and would continue to in the future.
Tina A. in Glendale, AZ – Jan 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Henry Schulte III, MD?
Dr Schulte is amazing! I experienced it before I ever saw him. I was in the waiting room and he approached a young boy. Introduced himself to him and genuinely took a couple minutes to connect with him and make him feel comfortable. Office staff great! Got me in first day back from his two week vacation. Dr Schulte has incredible analytical skills combined with a sincere concern that makes him one of the BEST! And I’m picky. A former clinician & healthcare psych administrator. He walks his talk!
Kathy in Scottsdale – Dec 28, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Henry Schulte III, MD?
His office doesn't accept insurance, so you have to submit the medical claims yourself and hope they are accepted. Appointments can be ever expensive. But he has provided me techniques and tricks of being mindful of my automatic negative thoughts and has helped me learned how to be comfortable being myself. If you want someone who will help you and not just listen, then it's worth it.
Nathan in Chandler, Az – Dec 27, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Henry Schulte III, MD?
Does not take any insurance, charges over $300 per visit and if you are first-time patient you must pre-pay $175 to hold your appointment. Just dealing with his office for a few minutes I felt like I needed a shower. I fear anyone who sets out to take financial advantage of the sick.
jeff in Phoenix, AZ – Sep 07, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Henry Schulte III, MD?
Dr. Schulte is personable, compassionate, empathetic, and knowledgeable. He is a good listener and personally checks up on patients who need follow-up. He keeps accurate records and goes to bat for patients, especially those needing Social Security Disability. He has a good sense of humor and is sensitive to the needs of his patients. I was under his care for over five years, before moving out of state, and it's been impossible to find his equal.
Carol S in Augusta, MI – Aug 22, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Henry Schulte III, MD?
I have been struggling with addiction for almost 8 years and in my first 2 appts he barely discussed my triggers, coping mechanisms, or other general things I would have expected. He did little to connect to me as a patient. The 2nd appt he prescribed me a sleeping med I didn't need and seemed to completely forget what he gave me for sleep, depression, anxiety at the first appt. He only asked how my sobriety was going after my pharmacy called his office requiring a 90 dose as opposed to 30.
H. Williams in Mesa, AZ – Mar 03, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Henry Schulte III, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Schulte III?

Dr. Schulte is a psychiatrist who treats patients with a wide variety of personal issues and is also an addictionologist, working to help patients dealing...Read more

Dr. Schulte grew up in Michigan. He excelled in school athletics and was active in his community. Never in his imagination, did he foresee that he would...Read more

• Adult Psychiatry