Dr. Henry Ostman, MD

Pulmonology | Male

Dr. Henry Ostman, MD
I have lived in the Harrisburg area since I was three years old and am throughly invested in the health of my patients and this community. I am part of the areas only full service chest, intensive care and sleep medicine practice that provides comprehensive care from the inpatient to outpatient setting. I will provide you with relevant, up to date and state of the art care with all manner of lung disease, critical illness and lung cancer diagnosis. Myself and my associates are the Capital region's only practice with triple and quadruple board certified physicians with the knowledge, expertise and caring to diagnose and manage a multitude of lung, sleep, intensive care, lung cancer and airway problems.

Dr. Ostman's Care Philosophy

I inform patients and their families of their diagnosis and plan of care at every encounter I apprise patients and their families of risk factors, contributors, disease mechanism and disease understanding at every encounter I provide visual, verbal, graphic and acted depictions of their disease process at every encounter in an understandable language and format I listen to all concerns and attend to my patients needs and their families needs I am thorough in my explanations and I am an excellent communicator I always treat and refer patients in a manner befitting my own family - my colleagues know my signature quote, "… if you were my dad, this is what I would do…" or "…this is whom I would send you…"

Dr. Ostman's Experience

See how Dr. Ostman's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Ostman

Dr. Ostman accepts 37 insurance carriers

Dr. Ostman is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 6 hospitals where Dr. Ostman has admitting privileges.

Dr. Ostman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ostman to family and friends
3.5
based on 8 total reviews (1 with a comment)
Dr. Ostman's Performance
    GOOD
in Mechanicsburg, PA |
After being "lead up the garden path" by other pulmonologists. We were referred to Doctor Henry Ostman by a dear friend. Talking to him was like night and day. He actually LISTENED to what Keith (patient) had to say. A rarity these days . Also, he had done his homework before we met. I was amazed with what he knew about Keith's' past experiences with other doctors. To put it in a nutshell. If you want a doctor who will do his very best to cure you, look no further.
Have you seen Dr. Henry Ostman, MD?
Are you Dr. Ostman?

Compare Dr. Ostman

Dr. Ostman says...

• I have lived in the Harrisburg area since I was three years old and am throughly invested in the health of my patients and this community.
  • I am part of the areas only full service chest, intensive care and sleep medicine practice that provides comprehensive care from the inpatient to outpatient setting.
  • I will provide you with relevant, up to date and state of the art care with all manner of lung disease, critical illness and lung cancer diagnosis.
  • Myself and my associates are the Capital region's only practice with triple and quadruple board certified physicians with the knowledge, expertise and caring to diagnose and manage a multitude of lung, sleep, intensive care, lung cancer and airway problems.

Dr. Ostman's Care Philosophy

• I inform patients and their families of their diagnosis and plan of care at every encounter
  • I apprise patients and their families of risk factors, contributors, disease mechanism and disease understanding at every encounter
  • I provide visual, verbal, graphic and acted depictions of their disease process at every encounter in an understandable language and format
  • I listen to all concerns and attend to my patients needs and their families needs
  • I am thorough in my explanations and I am an excellent communicator
  • I always treat and refer patients in a manner befitting my own family - my colleagues know my signature quote, "… if you were my dad, this is what I would do…" or "…this is whom I would send you…"

Dr. Ostman says...

• Undergraduate Education BA - Washington & Jefferson College Washington, PA 1993
  • MD - De La Salle University College of Medicine  Cavite, Philippines   1999
  • Internship and Residency - Internal Medicine - Graduate Hospital - Drexel University in Philadelphia  2002-2005
  • Chief Medical Resident Graduate Hospital 2006
  • Fellowship Pulmonary Disease Graduate Hospital - Drexel University in Philadelphia 2007
  • Fellowship Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine at the Medical College of Virginia/ VCU Medical Center in Richmond, VA  2009

Dr. Ostman says...

I perform advanced diagnostic procedures for lung cancer, lung nodules, sarcoid, and lymph node enlargements.  These minimally invasive bronchoscopic procedures have the advantage of being same day with fewer complications and blood loss than traditional surgery and external biopsies with a very high diagnostic yield.  I was the one of the first doctors in Harrisburg to perform Endobronchial Ultrasound (EBUS) and the first to perform Bronchial Thermoplasty (BT) for the treatment of asthma.

Dr. Ostman's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Pulmonology
  •  Board certified in Critical Care Medicine, Internal Medicine and Pulmonary Disease
  •  Malpractice claims in Pennsylvania not available

Dr. Ostman has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

Why It Matters: Dr. Ostman's Board Certifications

• Asbestosis
  • Asthma
  • Bronchiectasis
  • Bronchitis
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Collapsed Lung (Pneumothorax)
  • Cough
  • Mycobacterial Lung Infection
  • Partial Lung Collapse
  • Pleural Effusion
  • Pneumonia
  • Pneumonitis (Due to Solids or Liquids)
  • Primary Pulmonary Hypertension

Va Commonwealth University Med Center Med College Va Hosps

Completed in 2009

Washington & Jefferson College

Graduated in 1993

Dr. Ostman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ostman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Pulmonology
  • Critical Care Medicine
  • Interventional Pulmonology

• Arterial Blood Gas Test (ABG)
  • Arterial Line Insertion