Psychiatry  |
Dr. Henry Mulder, MD
Dr. Henry Mulder, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Kentwood, MI. He is 67 years old and has been practicing for 40 years.

1403 60th St SE

Kentwood, MI 49508

• Priority Health

Learn about Dr. Mulder

See how frequently Dr. Mulder performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Anxiety
ADHD and-or ADD
high
Psychiatric Diseases
high

Dr. Mulder's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Mulder "Throughout my career in psychiatry, I have been dedicated to providing the most up-to-date, evidence-based treatment available. I endeavor to do this in a compassionate manner with complete respect for individual,cultural,gender,ethnic, and religious differences.I practice from a bio/psycho/social treatment model, recognizing the importance of all these factors in good health."

• Psychiatry

• Psychiatry
    Accredited by: American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology*

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alzheimer's Disease
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Autism
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Dementia
  • Depression
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Mood Disorders
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Panic Attack
  • Panic Disorder
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychosis
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Schizophrenia
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder

• Family Psychotherapy
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

• University Of Michigan / Ann Arbor
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1972
  • University Of Mi Med Sch
    Medical School | Graduated 1977
  • University Of Colorado
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1978
  • University Of Colorado
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1981

Dr. Mulder has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Mulder does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mulder and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Mulder's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mulder to family and friends
3.3
Dr. Mulder's Performance
Grand Rapids, MI |
Horrible. My daughter was seeing him for anxiety and depression. After seeing him for med checks occasionally, she told him she has been having thoughts of suicide. He asked her "are you having them now?" To which my daughter answers "not at this exact moment". He scribbled something down, and said "I'll see you in 3 months". Last week she almost called it quits. She is now a patient in intensive therapy at a local mental health hospital. Thank God she told someone other mulder this time.
Grand Rapids, MI |
This was the worst doctor I have ever seen. He was dehumanizing towards me and made me feel unwelcome. It took courage to step into his office for the first time and tell my story. He wasn't there in person (as he was via skype from his vacation home) and the session lasted maybe 20 mins and resulted in being given a diganosis. As a social worker I see clients daily with mental health issues. I pray that they never encounter this doctor in their treatment.
in Grand Haven, MI |
Would not recommend Dr. Henry Mulder. My daughter went to him for an initial consultation. He spent 5 minutes with her to tell her she was "too complicated of a case". She needed to find someone else. Then he handed her the bill for $230.00.
I did not have a good experience as a patient of Dr. Mulder's. I saw him for a short time about a year ago. He had a very poor bedside manner. He was not warm or comforting at all. He didn't seem interested in answering my questions or addressing my concerns. Moreover, I thought he did not spend nearly enough time getting to know me and my situation before diagnosing me and prescribing me drugs. He prescribed me Klonopin and Lexapro after talking with me for only thirty minutes.
Byron Center, MI |
I am a physician and have personally seen Dr Mulder give a family member terrible care. He spends 2 minutes with his patients and does not listen at all. I have heard many reviews that he is arrogant and uncaring. I tried to contact him to tell him that my family member was doing terribly and he sent back a phone message "no changes". He did not even schedule an office visit, or ask if she was suicidal. This is the worst care I have ever seen from a fellow physician.
in Grand Rapids, MI |
This guy is arrogant apathetic self-absorbed. 6 mnths seeing him, never felt a connection, figured give him a chance; changed my meds 2 wks ago; not good; I'm bottoming out. Called 2 days ago for urgent appt. Best they would do was today. An hour before my appt today, they call me; he's going home sick and they have no other appts until 1/12. No recommendation from him, nothing, without a 2nd thought about it. I never post reviews; had to warn others this time. Do not entrust your life to him.
in Grand Rapids, MI |
Listens to what you have to say with respect and never makes you feel like a child for expressing your needs. Makes psychiatric treatment comfortable- as it should be!
in Grand Rapids |
Henry mulder says he is "compassionate" on this website being a patient of his for over 3 years I can tell you he is the farthest from it.his bedside manner is nonexistent he will sit there and ask one word questions doesn't care what you have to say say and answer finally after silence with see you in 3 months and push you out the door.I finally realized this isn't normal and found another doctor and found out from him dr.mulder had me on twice the approved dose of my lexapro beware
in Grand Rapids, MI |
I was referred to this office for meds for my ADHD. First he tried to put me on more medication that I really needed, then he didn't listen when I tried to tell him that the medications he had me on made me feel like a zombie and got mad when I didn't want to stay on them. And to top that off every time you need a refill you either have to make an appointment or they charge you $5 to pick up your scripts, if you need help go some where else.
If you want help go somewhere else or take $100 talk to a wall for 5 min that's about sums up a session with mulder I don't call him a dr.
Grand Rapids, MI |
I was having serious reaction to medication he prescribed. He insisted that I see my PCP to find source of problem. PCP could not see me and because of breathing problems I had they insisted that I go to ER which I did at an expense to me of over $1000. While in ER received medications that relieved my anxiety and breathing problems. Mulder then prescribed a medication for to do same and stopped problematic medication because discovered it may cause breathing difficulties such as my symptoms.
Have you seen Dr. Henry Mulder, MD?
Are you Dr. Mulder?