Dr. Henry Mentz, MD

Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive SurgeryMaleAge 64

Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery

Dr. Henry Mentz, MD is a Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Specialist in Houston, TX and has over 38 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Lsu Sch Of Med In New Orleans in 1984. He is affiliated with medical facilities Memorial Hermann Memorial City Medical Center and Memorial Hermann Northwest Hospital. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. Henry Mentz, MD

The Aesthetic Center For Plastic Surgery

4400 Post Oak Pkwy Ste 2260 Houston, TX 77027

Compare with other Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Mentz with our nearby Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Specialists at The Woman's Hospital of Texas.

Make an appointment at The Woman's Hospital of Texas today at (281) 417-4665.

Filter by
Provider Ratings

These providers are on the medical staff of The Woman's Hospital of Texas.

Dr. Mentz's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Mentz

3.0

Do not recommend
Lower face/neck lift and upper blepharoplasty. Blepharoplasty wasn’t even, so now one eyelid is bigger(eye doesn’t open all the way) and Dr Mentz cut the incision higher than crease in the messed up eye, so the scar shows and has a purple mark that’s visible. Went to oculoplastic surgeon and he confirmed I now have Ptosis in the messed up eye and said it would be difficult to repair. Dr Mentz dismissed any concerns I had about my eye, that also tears constantly now. I also had a hematoma within 2 weeks of my surgery and he mentioned at my last follow up that it was the worst he’s ever seen and blamed it on me. I was swollen for a good 5 months post op and that’s a lot longer than I was lead to believe. I also paid an exorbitant fee for 2 lasers(close to 5k)and he did not do certain areas on my face or neck and when I complained, the reply was that he did. And I’m not happy w my lower face either as it isn’t tight. BTW, this is my second review on here, first one disappeared.
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
Mar 31, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Henry Mentz, MD?
Not sure what all the hype is, I had an upper eyelid lift one year ago and it today, a year later, my eyelids are drooping again. My left eye more than the left which is how it was originally. I have scar tissue at the outer corner of the left eye which frankly interferes with eyeliner. So basically I spent $4k to have my eyes look exactly the same plus the scar tissue. The doctor appear nice superficially but is rather dismissive and rushed during consultation. I can't get through the office to change my follow up appointments. Maybe they are way too busy to render good service. I am disappointed.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Appointment was rushed
Oct 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Henry Mentz, MD?
He is Excellent & professional surgeon.
Shirin Hashemi – May 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Henry Mentz, MD?
Had a full tummy tuck in Jan 2012. He convinced me to do lipo on back, arms, thighs and knees.....what a mistake that was. When I went in for post op visit I complained of huge roll on left back flank and a mark that ran the entire length of inside of left arm from shoulder to elbow....he assured me both would smoothe out and resolve. After spending $19k there I have had nothing but abdominal pain, and pain on every other location he did lipo. Left thigh uneven. HORRIBLE DOCTOR
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Jun 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Henry Mentz, MD?
I've been a patient of Dr. Mentz for a little over ten years now. I started to have procedures which I will call them "maintenance" when I was in my early 40's. I've had a lower blepharoplasty, forehead lift, liposuction, breast lift, etc. I've been extremely satisfied as a patient and I trust him 110 percent. I did my research before selecting him and I feel confident going to him.
Korinne in Katy, TX – Jul 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Henry Mentz, MD?
I had a facelift and 9 months on, I still have nerve issues, scar tissue, and the aesthetic result is extremely disappointing. I cry constantly about it. Why didn't listen to my friends and just try to grow old gracefully?
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Long wait times
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Shari in Houston, TX – Nov 11, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Henry Mentz, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Mentz?