Dr. Henry Emery Jr, MD

Family Medicine | Male

Liberty Family Physicians 1928 Weddington Rd Weddington, NC 28104 Get Directions
Dr. Henry Emery Jr, MD
Dr. Henry "Hank" Emery, Jr., MD opened his medical practice, Liberty Family Physicians, on November 13, 2014. He believes doctors should have the ability to spend time with their patients and provide service to them without unnecessary referrals as his primary reason for choosing to open an independent office. Dr. Emery is a Board Certified Family Practice physician. Dr. Emery feels that by being an independent medical physician in an area dominated by two Healthcare powerhouses, Carolina's Healthcare and Novant, he is able to offer his patients flexibility to travel between the two healthcare systems. "If we are unable to provide the level of care a patient needs to address a health issue, by being an independent, I will no longer be restricted on which specialist I can send them to. I can pick the best of both systems." Dr. Emery has been practicing medicine for 17 years and during that time has worked for both Novant Health (8 years) and Carolina's Healthcare System (3 years) and has long been popular with his patients, earning the "Top Provider" award for highest Patient Satisfaction for three years with Carolina's Healthcare. Many patients admire the level of care he is willing to give them. He says, "I was as frustrated as my patients by my limit of time. The new corporate system of a "5 Minute Model of Medicine" is, in my opinion, going to force a physician to hurry through an assessment, possibly leading to a misdiagnosis and/or patient dissatisfaction. I will not support that system as I did not go into medicine for that type of care system." Dr. Emery also provides in-home health visits on a case by case basis for critically fragile, home-bound patients. Dr. Emery cites, in his opinion, that the decrease in available time that most medical corporate businesses allow their medical providers as the reason why most Family Practice centers are no longer able to offer extensive services to their patients. "By being on my own and having my own practice, I am able to decide what services I can offer my patients. Being able to assist them in finding an answer quickly, instead of their being sent on a circuit of physician offices, is very satisfying to me." In addition to being a Board Certified Family Practice physician, Dr. Emery is also a licensed Emergency Management Specialist and Vice President of the North Carolina State Guard. The North Carolina State Guard Association is a volunteer emergency and disaster response unit. Dr. Emery is ranked a Captain in the South Carolina State Guard and works with them extensively in a co-leadership role for SC State Guard's Urban Search and Rescue Team. He leads and assists with various disaster drill scenarios across the state. Dr. Emery has also worked with several humanitarian groups to prepare them to go into medically compromised areas through medical education preparedness as well as by offering necessary immunizations at-cost. Dr. Emery and his wife, April, have adopted a child from an international country and through that experience, Dr. Emery became interested in assisting families with consultation for medical questions for a child's dossier, a service he provides. Liberty Family Physicians, PLLC is a practice that has four providers and a friendly, energetic support staff. Dr. Emery says, "Patients do want convenience, that's true. But in my time as a doctor, I found that patients appreciate a relationship with their doctor. The qualities of a "small town doctor" are in fact what most want when they are choosing their personal physician. Unfortunately, with modern health care structure, those qualities are hard to meet because primary care physicians are too often strongly encouraged to limit their care to utilize specialists and physicians are overscheduled. That is why we opened as an independent medical office and how we came to realize Liberty Family Physicians, PLLC motto: "Freedom to practice medicine as it was meant to be practiced."

Dr. Emery Jr's Care Philosophy

"Why are you an independent medical practice? Doesn't it mean you can't do as much as if you were with one of the big companies?" We explain that we have the freedom to do much MORE with our patients than most FP offices that are a part of those "big companies." Due to the fact that we're not being pressured to send our patients to secondary offices, we are able to manage and treat many issues in our office. This prevents the "hand off" to multiple doctors that end up with patients on a carousel of doctor offices. With our being an independent medical office, we can manage our own immunizations, minor surgeries, lab work, x-rays and much more - on site. Also, if we do feel that we need to send you to a specialist, we are not mandated to only send you within a specific system. And the # 1 quality to being an independent Dr.? The ability to spend TIME with our patients. Read our reviews! They speak volumes on why an independent Family Physician office is the way to go!!

Dr. Emery Jr's Experience

See how Dr. Emery Jr's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Emery Jr

Dr. Emery Jr accepts 20 insurance carriers

Dr. Emery Jr is now accepting new patients
Liberty Family Physicians1928 Weddington Rd
Weddington, NC 28104
Evening
Saturday
(704) 844-0505Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Emery Jr has admitting privileges.

Dr. Emery Jr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Emery Jr to family and friends
Dr. Emery Jr's Performance
I'm a new patient to this practice and thus far I'm thoroughly impressed. Gine(one PA) has already assisted me in coming off blood pressure medication. Spent 30 minutes talking with(not at) me going over my goals and her suggestions. Very knowledgeable! Dr. Emery and I met for 2nd appointment and he spent 45 minutes with me! Very knowledgeable and open to your ideas and get this; YOUR FEELINGS! I am so impressed with the entire staff. This is how healthcare once was and should be!
in Wilkesboro, NC |
NUMBER ONE DOCTOR IN MY BOOK.
in Waxhaw, NC |
Dr Emery is hands down the best. There are NO better. I have been in Carolinas HealthCare System for 20 years (as a patient and an employee) and they let him go for providing quality care not quantity. The healthcare being provided any more does NOT justify what we are forced to pay. Thank god there are still Dr's around like Dr Emery though VERY FEW. If he would have moved as far as Columbia my family would have stayed with him and he would have made it possible because he truly cares that much
in Monroe, NC |
Dr. Emery is an excellent physician he leaves no stone unturned. He is remarkable, he remembers you from one visit to the next, I think that is because he really listens to you. Dr Emery will answer any and all questions that you might have and he spends as much time as you need and never makes you feel rushed. Our family and friends have been using him for many years, and I will continue to sing his praises and refer him to anyone who needs an excellent physician! Dr Emery is the best!
Beatrice, I can tell by your comments that you didn't mean to give him a "one star." Can you by chance go back and edit that star to reflect your wonderful comments. (Thank you, thank you!!)
in Weddington, NC |
I was with Dr. Emory when he was in Wesley Chapel. After he moved I made an appt. with his office. When I got there they told me they no longer accept my Insurance (BCBS value) - which is a Silver Plan - not cheap.. (Why didn't they tell me that when I renewed medication or made an appt?) Then, as I made my way around the bible sitting in front of the office the Secretary who took my reservation told me We have a payment plan..
in Wesley Chapel, NC |
Dr. Emery is an excellent listener and answers any questions that you might have. He spends as much time as you need and never makes you feel rushed. Our family has been using him for several years, and plan to keep on doing so. Cannot recommend Dr. Emery high enough!
in Waxhaw, NC |
Dr. Emery will spend as much time as you want with him. He is thorough and competent and does not require unnecessary testing..... I highly recommend this Doctor.
Have you seen Dr. Henry Emery Jr, MD?

Compare Dr. Emery Jr

Dr. Emery Jr says...

Dr. Emery has been practicing medicine for 17 years and during that time has worked for both Novant Health (8 years) and Carolina's Healthcare System (3 years) and has long been popular with his patients, earning the "Top Provider" award for highest Patient Satisfaction for three years with Carolina's Healthcare. Many patients admire the level of care he is willing to give them. He says, "I was as frustrated as my patients by my limit of time.  The new corporate system of a "5 Minute Model of Medicine" is, in my opinion, going to force a physician to hurry through an assessment, possibly leading to a misdiagnosis and/or patient dissatisfaction.  I will not support that system as I did not go into medicine for that type of care system."  Dr. Emery also provides in-home health visits on a case by case basis for critically fragile, home-bound patients.  Dr. Emery cites, in his opinion, that the decrease in available time that most medical corporate businesses allow their medical providers as the reason why most Family Practice centers are no longer able to offer extensive services to their patients.  "By being on my own and having my own practice, I am able to decide what services I can offer my patients.  Being able to assist them in finding an answer quickly, instead of their being sent on a circuit of physician offices, is very satisfying to me."

In addition to being a Board Certified Family Practice physician, Dr. Emery is also a licensed Emergency Management Specialist and Vice President of the North Carolina State Guard. The North Carolina State Guard Association is a volunteer emergency and disaster response unit.  Dr. Emery is ranked a Captain in the South Carolina State Guard and works with them extensively in a co-leadership role for SC State Guard's Urban Search and Rescue Team. He leads and assists with various disaster drill scenarios across the state. Dr. Emery has also worked with several humanitarian groups to prepare them to go into medically compromised areas through medical education preparedness as well as by offering necessary immunizations at-cost.  Dr. Emery and his wife, April, have adopted a child from an international country and through that experience, Dr. Emery became interested in assisting families with consultation for medical questions for a child's dossier, a service he provides.

Dr. Emery Jr's Care Philosophy

"Why are you an independent medical practice? Doesn't it mean you can't do as much as if you were with one of the big companies?" We explain that we have the freedom to do much MORE with our patients than most FP offices that are a part of those "big companies." Due to the fact that we're not being pressured to send our patients to secondary offices, we are able to manage and treat many issues in our office. This prevents the "hand off" to multiple doctors that end up with patients on a carousel of doctor offices. With our being an independent medical office, we can manage our own immunizations, minor surgeries, lab work, x-rays and much more - on site. Also, if we do feel that we need to send you to a specialist, we are not mandated to only send you within a specific system. And the # 1 quality to being an independent Dr.? The ability to spend TIME with our patients. Read our reviews! They speak volumes on why an independent Family Physician office is the way to go!!

Dr. Emery Jr says...

Are you suffering at home or work because you can't get an appointment with your doctor? Here at Liberty Family Physicians, we pledge to see all of our children patients the SAME DAY you call (if before 4pm) and all adult patients within 24 hours of their call. For those away on business or vacation and get sick, we offer TeleMedicine for you to connect with your Provider for treatment.  In addition to our normal hours, we offer extended hours on Thursday evenings as well as Saturday morning appointments. With a full lab facility on-site, an X-ray machine on site, Allergy testing, Procedure room, Fluoroscopic equipment, EKG, advanced eye equipment for corneal retina imaging and glaucoma screening and more, we are committed to being the best Family Practice office in our region!

Dr. Emery Jr says...

Liberty Family Physicians is more than just a place to come when sick! Our office has a procedure room and Dr. Emery can assist you by removing troublesome or embarrassing cysts, moles, tag moles, warts and much more. We will administer a numbing medication that will ensure you have a pain free experience. We often have patients ask if we can do this on the face and the answer is: "Yes!"

We also commonly assist our patients have a better experience with joint injections by doing joint injections using our fluoroscopic state-of-the-art imaging machine. We can set broken bones, suture up cuts and skin trauma, and evaluate sprains and strains to joints and bones.  We are an authorized supplier of Orthopedic supplies for things like knee brace, ankle splint, shoulder brace, etc.

Dr. Emery Jr's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Family Medicine
  •  Board certified in Family Practice

• NCQA- Diabetes, 2008
    • NCQA- Heart/Stroke, 2008

Dr. Emery Jr has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

Why It Matters: Dr. Emery Jr's Board Certifications

• Family Practice

• ADHD Comorbidity
  • ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adult Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
  • Adult Panic Anxiety Syndrome
  • Arthritis of the Toe
  • Arthritis of the Wrist
  • Asthma
  • Back Sprain
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Cancer Treatment Complications
  • Dementia
  • Depression
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Diabetes-Like Foot Weakness
  • Elevated PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen)
  • Emphysema
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Tendinitis
  • Male Pattern Hair Loss
  • Mole
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Panic Disorder
  • Pediatric Trauma
  • Pneumonia
  • Rash
  • Residual ADHD
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Shoulder Injuries
  • Sprain
  • Thyroid Disease
  • Unexplained Weight Loss
  • Upper Respiratory Tract Infection
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Weight Gain

University Of South Alabama Medical Center

University Of South Alabama, Family Medicine Program

University Of South Carolina At Columbia

Graduated in 1996

Dr. Emery Jr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Emery Jr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Adult Medicine