Dr. Henry Calas, MD

Neurology | Male

Dr. Henry Calas, MD
Dr. Henry Calas, MD is a neurology doctor who practices in Stuart, FL. He is 56 years old and has been practicing for 33 years. Dr. Calas is affiliated with Martin Medical Center.

Dr. Calas' Experience

See how Dr. Calas' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Calas

Dr. Calas accepts 9 insurance carriers

Dr. Calas is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Calas has admitting privileges.

Dr. Calas' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Calas to family and friends
3.8
Dr. Calas' Performance
in Stuart, FL |
In the early 90's Dr. Calas was recommended to me by another doctor I trusted to put patient care foremost in his priorities. Neither doctor ever disappointed me. Since words are numbered I must tell you a brief story. One evening while standing in a checkout line, a man came up to me and said he had just seen something he thought would help me. I barely recognized Dr. Calas because it was late, I was bleary eyed and frankly I had not seen him often or recently. BUT, he remembered me! ?? Wow!
in Stuart, FL |
The only doctor that actually spends time with his patients. Dr Calas spent 43 minutes with me. He discussed every single one of my issues and put me on a personalized treatment for my MS that 10 other neurologists in Stuart never thought about. My exacerbations have significantly decreased! Thank you Dr. Calas
in Stuart, FL |
I would highly recommend Dr. Henry Calas,his polite and efficient staff, and the beautiful,sweet, and helpful Matilda...My Mother and Father have seen Dr. CALAS for several years. He listens,always does a thourough examinatiin , spends as much time as necessary... He has helped enrich,improve, and suggest ways for my parents to make the most of their 51 years together in their home....Sometimes you may have to wait,but that is because he does the necessary. Thanking this office for everything.
in Port St. Lucie, Fl |
Dr. Calas has been my neurologist for the past 5 years. I would not want anyone other than him to be my neurologist. He is caring and kind and takes the time during all of my appointments to really listen to me and my concerns and to address them. I am so thankful that in our small town, we have someone of his caliber and training to look out for our neurology concerns. If you are looking for a neurologist who really cares about his patients and takes time with them, you will love Dr. Calas.
in Miami Beach, FL |
Wonderful doctor very professional and dedicated with his patients, I patch him to all who need a very good doctor!!!!!!!
Dr Calas is very professional and takes his time to answer any questions or concerns. I was very impressed by his professionalism.
Palm City, FL |
Dr. Calas, is extremely compassionate and very knowledgeable. He takes his time to answer all questions, both my mother and I have been happy with the care he has given us and with his staff.
in Port Salerno, FL |
After my Aunt's cerebral aneurysm it was really difficult for the family. We needed to understand what was going on and how to best help her recover and have a "normal" life. Dr Calas took the time to explain how her brain worked now and she absolutely adored him. It was refreshing to not be rushed through an appointment and to be heard. He also understands how important it is for elderly patients to be able to keep their pets and knows how that bond can improve quality of life.
in Palm City, FL |
I have been a patient of Dr Calas since Sept of 2016 and consider him one of the best doctors I've ever had or worked with. As a former chief executive in the healthcare industry I've know personally hundreds of doctors and find his approach, "bedside manor", and appearance to be refreshing!! He is deeply thorough and leaves no questions unanswered. His care is exemplary and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend his practice for all patients and neurological needs.
in Stuart, FL |
Dr. Calas cared for my mother during her long battle with Alzheimer's Disease. He was very caring and compassionate to my mother and elderly father. He always made sure that everyone understood the medications and the process of this horrible disease. We never cared if he was running late because we knew that he was giving his other patients the specialized care they needed and would do the same for us.
in Stuart, FL |
Dr. Calas was my Mother's doctor during her almost 10 year battle with Alzheimer's. He was so caring and throrough at all of her appointments. It is obvious that his patients are important to him as people, not just as billing numbers. He answered every single question we had during the long process of this horrible disease. Yes, there are times that you have to wait a bit in the lobby before your appointment, but that is because he does answer patient questions.
Stuart, FL |
Absolute disaster. He FELL ASLEEP during my exam. Other people have told me that too! He was almost 2 hours late in showing up. Sloppy, rude, seemed confused. DISASTER: my advice to u: RUM AWAY GO TO SOMEONE ELSE!
Port Saint Lucie, FL |
He helped me where many other doctors failed, he is an excellent caring and kind doctor.
in Port Saint Lucie, FL |
I moved down to South Florida from Northern Michigan and I was a bit overwhelmed with all of the neurologists down here. I was suggested to see Dr. Henry Callas and it was the best suggestion I have received for doctor reviews. I have now been seeing Dr. Henry Calas for 10 years now and I am VERY happy with Dr. Calas's care! Dr. Calas is, in my opinion, the best of the best in his field and suggest anyone looking for a thorough, Doctor who is great at his diagnosis! Suggest Dr. Calas 100%.
Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Horrible experience from Doctor to very rude staff.
in Ft Pierce, FL |
I saw Dr Henry Calas yrs ago but I am very glad I listened to him : He is a compassionate caring doctor . I changed insurance then moved out of area . However , I thank him. Forever greatful he was right to warn me of the dangers of Pain Management clinics , bless you Dr Calas !
in Palm city, FL |
I should have gone somewhere else to get my EMG testing done, he had no clue what was going on...here is an advise for you, find a neurologist who is board certified and fellowship trained to do the test.
in palm city, fl |
Bad experience, never again
Have you seen Dr. Henry Calas, MD?
Are you Dr. Calas?

Compare Dr. Calas

Dr. Calas' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurology

• Hydrocephalus
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Subdural Hemorrhage
  • Syncope
  • Temporal Arteritis
  • Thrombosis
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Tremor
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Vertigo

Central University of Este (Uce) / School of Medicine

Graduated in 1984

Albany Med Center Hospital
    Aultman Hospital

Dr. Calas does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Calas and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurology