Dr. Henry Burgess, MD

Dr. Henry Burgess, MD

Family Medicine | Male

I believe in caring for the whole individual. Preventative medicine is of utmost importance to live long and healthy lives.Read more

Dr. Burgess' Experience

See how Dr. Burgess' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Burgess

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Burgess has admitting privileges.

Dr. Burgess' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Burgess to family and friends
Dr. Burgess' Performance
Roanoke, VA |
He listens very well and seems to always care about the well-being of his patient.
in Vinton, VA |
I fell Friday and I had to wait until Monday to be seen, but Dr. Burgess' staff directed me where to get x-rays and have them sent to my appointment, instead of going through an emergency room nightmare. My concerns are always taken seriously and checked thoroughly. Dr. Burgess has an efficient friendly staff as well. I do not trust Carilion, and Lewis Gale has better doctors. Dr. Burgess really cares and I trust him. Never waited 10 mins. past my scheduled appt. compare THAT with Carilion!
in Fincastle, VA |
I had my first visit with Dr. Burgess and was very pleased. He was thorough and listened to what I had to say. He did not prescribe procedures or meds that were not needed.
in Roanoke, VA |
Dr. Burgess has been my family doctor for about 3 years. He is always gentle and kind and takes time to truly listen to my health concerns. Dr. Burgess offers very professional advice and there is no doubt in my mind that he has only my best health at heart. I feel very comfortable asking him about any concerns. He never seems to be in a hurry to get to the next patient. I have been very pleased with Dr. Burgess and his entire staff.
in Roanoke, VA |
I've now had three visits with Dr. Burgess since my move to Roanoke. Every time I have found him to have excellent bedside manner, he listens and explains things. He has been very knowledgeable about the health issues I've raised and provided sound advice and appropriate medications where needed. I have always been able to get a timely appointment when I needed it.
in Daleville, VA |
Dr. Burgess takes time to explain the medical condition and the treatment options available. He is patient and asks questions. I would highly recommend him.
Goodview, VA |
Dr. Burgess actually " listens" to my medical concerns and offers possible solutions or recommends fellow doctors to contact. He is down to earth and easy to talk to.
Blue ridge, va |
He's been my DR for about 3 years and I've always been satisfied with him.
Silver Spring, MD |
Having problems with my diabetics and another medication, we discussed insulin as a short term help and changed another medication that wasn't working any longer. The results has been great, morning blood sugar is now under control and the new medication has corrected all the negative issues I was having. Nice to have a doctor listen to you when you discuss your medical issues.
in Roanoke, VA |
Dr. Burgess is an excellent physician and diagnostician. I found him to be very thorough as well as kind and compassionate. He is easy to talk with and convey your concerns. The facility was very nice and clean. The staff professional and friendly and reported test results in a timely manner. A very positive experience for me.
Chicago, IL |
Retalliatory treatment rendered by this doctor and his staff..he let me suffer with a very high pulse rate of up to 115 beats PM after a lidocaine patch caused a bad reaction..I called the day before when it happened in plenty of time to get a call back but, the office staff that took the call didn't have enough care and compassion to immidiatly tell the doctor while I was on the phone what was going on..instead, she laughed about it and said she would put it in the computer.no one ever called.
in Daleville va |
Easy to talk to. Very nice
in TROUTVILLE,Va |
Very easy to talk to. The staff are friendly as are the staff next door at the imaging center.. convenient, fast, friendly , genuine care. I plan on Dr Burgess and his staff being my families caregivers.
in Vinton, VA |
Just had my first appointment with Dr. Burgess and I'm very impressed. I felt right at home talking to him and he has a great personality. Very thorough and his staff is absolutely delightful and efficient. Much better staff than my previous doctor's office. I would not hesitate recommending this doctor.
Have you seen Dr. Henry Burgess, MD?

Compare Dr. Burgess

Dr. Burgess' Care Philosophy

Dr. Burgess' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Family Medicine
  •  Board certified in Family Practice
  •  Malpractice claims found

Malpractice Claim

Dr. Burgess has 1 malpractice claim

More  What is medical malpractice
    • Settlement
    • Amount or Range: Average
    • Nature of Complaint: Location: Lynchburg, VA. Plaintiff presented to Urgent Care for a right ring finger laceration. Although Plaintiff could not recall the details of his visit, he alleged that I did not provide appropriate care. Plaintiff did not follow-up as advised and did not seek alternative care until approximately a month after his injury. Plaintiff experienced a droop in his finger and ultimately underwent a right ring finger op
    • State: Virginia

Scott & White Memorial Hospital

Completed in 2001

Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi

Graduated in 1993

Dr. Burgess does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Burgess and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Preventive Medicine