Dr. Henry Burgess, MD

Dr. Henry Burgess, MD

Family Medicine  |

Dr. Henry Burgess, MD is a family medicine doctor who practices in Daleville, VA. He is 47 years old and has been practicing for 20 years. Dr. Burgess is affiliated with Lewisgale Medical Center.

Learn about Dr. Burgess

I believe in caring for the whole individual. Preventative medicine is of utmost importance to live long and healthy lives.

Dr. Burgess' Experience

Dr. Burgess' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine

• Wart Removal

1 Malpractice Claim
  • Settlement
    Amount or Range: Average
    Nature of Complaint: Location: Lynchburg, VA. Plaintiff presented to Urgent Care for a right ring finger laceration. Although Plaintiff could not recall the details of his visit, he alleged that I did not provide appropriate care. Plaintiff did not follow-up as advised and did not seek alternative care until approximately a month after his injury. Plaintiff experienced a droop in his finger and ultimately underwent a right ring finger op

• Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1993
  • The Texas A&M University System Health Science Center College Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1997
  • Scott and White Memorial Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2001
  • Scott & White Memorial Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2001

Dr. Burgess has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Burgess has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Burgess does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Burgess and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Burgess' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Burgess to family and friends
Dr. Burgess' Performance
Fincastle, VA |
I am a new patient of Dr. Burgess. I have seen him twice, once for my initial visit and once for an allergic reaction. He was attentive, discussed and understood my history and complaint, and his recommended treatment for my allergies was effective. I am completely satisfied with my care to date.
in Goodview, VA |
I have been a patient of Dr. Burgess for about two years. During that time Dr. Burgess has always been very professional, caring, and open to all of my concerns. I would highly recommend him to anyone in search of a physician.
in Troutville, VA |
Great doctor and staff! Listens to you and never makes you feel rushed.
in Daleville, VA |
I recently turned to Dr. Burgess' website for the telephone number to make an appointment and came across a section where patients can leave comments and read a very negative comment about Dr. Burgess and his staff. I had been there prior and had a very good experience and went back as originally planned in spite of the terrible review that had been written. I have found Dr. Burgess and his staff extremely helpful, considerate, attentive and timely in all phases of my visits.
Fincastle, VA |
A very professionally run practice, with a competent and kind staff, and Dr. Burgess is excellent, a good listener, thoughtful and patient. It’s easy to contact the office and I’m seen within five minutes of my scheduled appointment.
in Moneta, VA |
Dr. Burgess has been my doctor since I was a little girl and I've never know another doctor to care about their patients as much as he does. He has always helped me with any health problems that have arose as well as genera wellness exams. I've recommended him to family as well has friends and co workers; I do not plan on switching doctors until he retires!
Buchanan. VA |
Dr. Burgess is a doctor who takes his time to listen to you and thinks about what your concerns are before prescribing anything. I have been his patient for several years and referred several friends and my husband to him. They have been happy to be with him.
in Roanoke, VA |
Simply the best; no nonsense , direct to the point medical care from an extremely competent and personable physician.
in Troutville, VA |
Dr Burgess is friendly and approachable, while at the same time very professional and focused on his work.
Thank you for giving us a great score! Our dedicated staff takes great pride in serving the community.
in Vinton, VA |
One of the nicest most caring doctors you will ever find. I live in Vinton and don't mind driving extra to see him. His staff is ALWAYS nice which is a refreshing change from most other Dr's offices.
in Daleville, VA |
I find Dr. Burgess easy to talk to and willing to discuss any health problem I have. His staff is super and, as we all know, the staff reflects the boss. My experiences at his practice have been very positive. If he doesn't know the answer to a question he is willing to admit it and guide you to another avenue to get your answer. His doesn't let his ego get in the way of his duty to his patient.
in Troutville, VA |
I do not refer people lightly... Yet, it is easy and comfortable to say... You're gonna like this guy. He is kind, thoughtful , caring and attentive... Not enough doctors like Dr. Burgess.
Roanoke, VA |
I would advise you not to go, I heard wonderful things about him from my co-workers , I really liked him when I left, I talked very highly of him, but 3 days later I was having problems with my medicine .I called the office 3 days and received the run around ! My case was not that important to him . I WAS ALSO TOLD THAT THEY WOULD CALL ME BACK NEVER DID. So I recommend going to someone who really cares
We are very sorry to hear about this experience in our practice and would like to look into it further. Please call the practice manager at 540-772-5904 so that we can get further information to address the situation.
in Fincastle, VA |
I am so happy that Dr. Burgess is accepting new patients! It is wonderful to find a doctor who makes me feel like I am being listened to, not rushed and talks to me about all my treatment options so that together we can make a health care plan that really fits my needs. It is obvious that he is dedicated to his profession and to those he cares for. The office staff is great, the wait time is very short and the level of professionalism is outstanding. I highly recommend Dr. Burgess!
in Roanoke, VA |
Dr. Burgess is very easy to talk to. He spends time listening and has always provided me with excellent care. I haven't had to wait long for an appointment, and when I get to his office, I generally don't wait long at all. I highly recommend Dr. Burgess.
in Blue Ridge, VA |
The facility & staff are remarkable! I recently had to schedule an appointment due to illness & barely had a whisper of a voice & the staff was very understanding & Dr. Burgess got my health back on track!
Thank you for connecting with us about this experience with our staff. We will be sure to pass this appreciation along.
in Roanoke, VA |
I am very satisfied with Dr. Burgess explaining my medical conditions. The Staff was very friendly to me. He is a good Dr. Thanks, Margaret Firebaugh
in Roanoke, VA |
Dr. Burgess has been my Dr. for years. He has been great, I never feel rushed. He listens & answers all my questions. I highly recommend him.
in Vinton , VA |
I would like to take this opportunity to let you know about all my great experiences when I have an office visit with Dr. Henry Burgess at the Lewis Gale Daleville Clinic. First off , the parking is excellent , clean , very close to the building. The waiting area is the cleanest I have ever visited and the office staff are the friendliest.The Nurses and Dr. Burgess are always friendly and courteous. Dr. Burgess always goes above and beyond what my needs are. Thanks Fred St . Clair
Roanoke, VA |
He listens very well and seems to always care about the well-being of his patient.
in Vinton, VA |
I fell Friday and I had to wait until Monday to be seen, but Dr. Burgess' staff directed me where to get x-rays and have them sent to my appointment, instead of going through an emergency room nightmare. My concerns are always taken seriously and checked thoroughly. Dr. Burgess has an efficient friendly staff as well. I do not trust Carilion, and Lewis Gale has better doctors. Dr. Burgess really cares and I trust him. Never waited 10 mins. past my scheduled appt. compare THAT with Carilion!
in Fincastle, VA |
I had my first visit with Dr. Burgess and was very pleased. He was thorough and listened to what I had to say. He did not prescribe procedures or meds that were not needed.
in Roanoke, VA |
Dr. Burgess has been my family doctor for about 3 years. He is always gentle and kind and takes time to truly listen to my health concerns. Dr. Burgess offers very professional advice and there is no doubt in my mind that he has only my best health at heart. I feel very comfortable asking him about any concerns. He never seems to be in a hurry to get to the next patient. I have been very pleased with Dr. Burgess and his entire staff.
in Roanoke, VA |
I've now had three visits with Dr. Burgess since my move to Roanoke. Every time I have found him to have excellent bedside manner, he listens and explains things. He has been very knowledgeable about the health issues I've raised and provided sound advice and appropriate medications where needed. I have always been able to get a timely appointment when I needed it.
in Daleville, VA |
Dr. Burgess takes time to explain the medical condition and the treatment options available. He is patient and asks questions. I would highly recommend him.
Goodview, VA |
Dr. Burgess actually " listens" to my medical concerns and offers possible solutions or recommends fellow doctors to contact. He is down to earth and easy to talk to.
Blue ridge, va |
He's been my DR for about 3 years and I've always been satisfied with him.
Silver Spring, MD |
Having problems with my diabetics and another medication, we discussed insulin as a short term help and changed another medication that wasn't working any longer. The results has been great, morning blood sugar is now under control and the new medication has corrected all the negative issues I was having. Nice to have a doctor listen to you when you discuss your medical issues.
in Roanoke, VA |
Dr. Burgess is an excellent physician and diagnostician. I found him to be very thorough as well as kind and compassionate. He is easy to talk with and convey your concerns. The facility was very nice and clean. The staff professional and friendly and reported test results in a timely manner. A very positive experience for me.
Chicago, IL |
Retalliatory treatment rendered by this doctor and his staff..he let me suffer with a very high pulse rate of up to 115 beats PM after a lidocaine patch caused a bad reaction..I called the day before when it happened in plenty of time to get a call back but, the office staff that took the call didn't have enough care and compassion to immidiatly tell the doctor while I was on the phone what was going on..instead, she laughed about it and said she would put it in the computer.no one ever called.
in Daleville va |
Easy to talk to. Very nice
in TROUTVILLE,Va |
Very easy to talk to. The staff are friendly as are the staff next door at the imaging center.. convenient, fast, friendly , genuine care. I plan on Dr Burgess and his staff being my families caregivers.
in Vinton, VA |
Just had my first appointment with Dr. Burgess and I'm very impressed. I felt right at home talking to him and he has a great personality. Very thorough and his staff is absolutely delightful and efficient. Much better staff than my previous doctor's office. I would not hesitate recommending this doctor.
Have you seen Dr. Henry Burgess, MD?

Visit Dr. Burgess

Hospitals where Dr. Burgess has admitting privileges

Lewisgale Medical Center
1900 Electric Rd
Salem, VA 24153

More Family Practitioners like Dr. Burgess at LewisGale Physicians - Daleville Medical Pavilion

Family Medicine Specialist