Dr. Hema Patel, MD

Dr. Hema Patel, MD

Internal Medicine | Female

Our vision is to provide therapeutic and preventative medical service that treats patients holistically. Specializing in Internal Medicine, The Wellness Center's focus is on your total well-being & health. This is incorporated through medical science, nutrition, and diet. From your routine physicals and health maintenance to women's health and complex acute care, we focus on all aspects of Internal Medicine. We place an emphasis on developing a health care plan together that promotes the health

Dr. Hema Patel, MD is an internal medicine doctor who practices in Houston, TX. She is 44 years old and has been practicing for 19 years. Dr. Patel is affiliated with Memorial Hermann Orthopedic & Spine Hospital and Houston Methodist West Hospital.

Dr. Patel's Experience

See how Dr. Patel's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Patel

Dr. Patel accepts 13 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Patel has admitting privileges.

Dr. Patel's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Patel to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Patel's Performance
in Katy, TX |
I am very impressed with dr .patel.... she is totally AMAZING !!!!!, she spend s an extensive amount of time with you and answers any and all questions you have. I just wish we could have found Dr. PAtel sooner! Love, LOve , this DOctor . Could not ask for more compassionate doctor.
Houston, TX |
Dr. Patel was terrific and I highly recommend her. She is very competent while still being warm, funny and easy going. I am so glad I found her.
Richmond, TX |
We see Dr. Hema Patel now and we like her and her partner Dr. Ramasamy, but we just cannot stand the office policies, the insanely ridiculous wait times (with an appointment) and the uncaring, jaded, rude office staff any longer. They never take appointments on time or even remotely close to the appointment times. The staff are rude and unhelpful, and quite honestly, spiteful.
in Katy, TX |
Best Doctor I have ever seen. Not a fan of the receptionist, but Dr. Patel is an amazing Doctor. She cares enough to call personally and even helps you understand what's happening to you. I see myself going to her for a long time.
Houston, TX |
This was my first visit with her. Im having pain on left side. I bring my labs and test done so far. To help narrow down the problem. She looks at the results & says so since these test are negative what's your next step or plan. As if thats not the reason I came to see her the DOCTOR. Second after reading the results she says well if all the other doctors are telling you this then that's your issue. When NONE of my reports or labs even has a diagnoses. She NEVER looked at the area of pain
in Houston, TX |
Pathetic person as receptionist. I called in 4 times and every time she put me on hold without even asking why was I calling. Not wiling to listen. If you are really in some need advice you can never reach the doctor.
in Katy, TX |
Especially the second time I went to see Dr. Patel, she spent time with me and was compassionate about my chronic back pain. She was approving of my desire NOT to rely on pain meds, and to seek other help, including referrals for a counselor and other referrals as need She called herself and told me of my lab work results. I have told several people how pleasantly surprised I was to have found a new doctor that I liked so much, having to change doctors due to insurance changes.
in Pattison, TX |
She is such a good doctor and so caring and has been a big part of how I am doing today.
in Houston, TX |
I was a patient for the past two years and was always very happy with my services until May 2016. On this visit, she was rude and angry and condescending. I was shocked!!! She also prescribed a medicine that I did not need or want. I thought maybe she was having a bad day but when I went back a few weeks later to see her partner, I saw her standing in the hallway on the phone taking aggressively and rudely again. I'm very disappointed in this strange change in her and will not be going back.
in Houston, TX |
The doctor is very good with very pleasing bed side manners, but the front office staff is rude, uncourteous and not so efficient. It is so difficult to reach them because they never pick up the phone.
in Houston, TX |
She was the best thing that happened to me and my health. She helped me in getting my weight under control getting my blood pressure regulated and so much more.
Have you seen Dr. Hema Patel, MD?
Are you Dr. Patel?

Compare Dr. Patel

Dr. Patel's Care Philosophy

Dr. Patel's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Internal Medicine
  •  Board certified in Internal Medicine

Dr. Patel has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Patel's Board Certifications

• Allergic Rhinitis
  • Anemia
  • Asthma
  • Asthma-Related Cough
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Chronic Diarrhea

Completed in 2001

University of Maryland

Graduated in 1994

• Gujarati

Dr. Patel does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Patel and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Allergy Testing