Dr. Helmut Pfalz, MD

Dr. Helmut Pfalz, MD

Orthopedic Hand Surgery  |
Dr. Helmut Pfalz, MD is an orthopedic hand surgery doctor who practices in Prince Frederick, MD. He is 52 years old and has been practicing for 23 years.

110 Hospital Rd Ste 214

Prince Frederick, MD 20678

• CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. Pfalz

See how frequently Dr. Pfalz performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
high
Dupuytren's Contracture
Carpal Tunnel Release

Dr. Pfalz's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery

• Osteoarthritis of Hands
  • Trigger Finger

• Carpal Tunnel Release
  • Trigger Finger Release

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Maryland.

• Universitaet Ulm, Medizinische Fakultat
    Medical School | Graduated 1994
  • University Ulm
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1996
  • Wright State University
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2001
  • Wright State University
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2002

Dr. Pfalz has no media or publications listed.

• German

Dr. Pfalz does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Pfalz and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Pfalz's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Pfalz to family and friends
Dr. Pfalz's Performance
in Lusby |
Dr. Pfaltz successfully repaired a hernia for me several years ago. This year when I needed a tumor removed, I went back to him. As before, he was on schedule for my visits to the office and efficient with my time. He explained everything in detail and made sure I understood the process. My surgery went very well, and I experienced very little discomfort. I will return to him anytime I need general surgery.
Huntingtown, MD |
Excellent - he diagnosed my issue which other doctors had missed, performed the surgery, and did a great job I highly recommend him
in Chesapeake Beach, MD |
I have had two hernia operations under Dr. Pfalz care - superb is how I describe the entire process. From the first visit Dr. Pfalz and his staff demonstrated a caring attitude that other doctors could learn from - and best - when I called in after my recovery, I got identical care and attention. Dr. Plalz explains procedures in a manner that eliminates concern and stress for the patient. I left his office confident that I had made the right decision by selecting him for my hernia operation.
Lusby, MD |
Dr. Phalz has provided services for my wife and myself both on several occasions and is extremely professional and knowledgeable. He is very personable and genuinely concerned about his patients. It’s not often you find a doctor who is so down to earth. I have and will continue to recommend him to my friends and family members in need of his services.
Owings, MD |
In ‘pre’ and ‘post’ surgery as well as follow-up, Dr. Pfalz took the time to listen and explain my condition, surgery and steps to successful recovery. If you have a choice in surgeons, I recommend him highly.
prince frederick, md |
I felt informed and valued during my interactions with Dr. Pfalz.
Lusby, MD |
Dr.Pfalz is awesome! Very kind and caring. Takes time to listen to concerns of his patients and is Very personable!
in Charlotte Hall |
Dr Pfalz is an amazing surgeon and overall great doctor. I was extremely satisfied with his care. Everything that he stated would happen before, during, and after the surgery did happen. I have referred other patients to his office and will continue to do so.
in Leonardtown, MD |
Great experience. Excellent bedside manner and explains treatment so you understand.
Huntingtown, MD |
He is the most caring doctor. I would highly recommend him and his staff. He listens and takes time with you.
Chesapeake Beach, MD |
My husband and I have both had hernia repair surgery and I previously had gallbladder removal surgery with Dr. Pfalz and it was a very good experience. He and his office staff are courteous, polite, and very helpful. I would highly recommend him.
Hughesville, MD |
My husband was in the Emergency Room and was told he would need emergency surgery. He had a VERY large herniated belly button and had some internal organs attached to the hernia. Dr. Pfalz was contacted. He is an amazing surgeon. But more, he is an amazing person. He took his time explaining every detail of what was going to happen before, during and afterwards. His bedside manner is second to none!! The surgery went perfect. My husband has not felt this good in many, many years.
in prince frederick, Maryland |
Easy and painless. Dr. Pfalz and his staff took the worry out of this procedure.
in PRINCE FREDERICK |
What a wonderful doctor I was referred to. I have had hand surgery twice in two years with Dr. Pfalz His office staff is quite knowledgeable and friendly. As for Dr. Pfalz, I could not have been happier with the results. No pain pills needed and recovery time was surprisingly short. Thank you for being such a kind, caring and compassionate professional.
in Prince Frederick, MD |
I had both of my carpal tunnel surgeries with Dr. Pfalz and he was great! My first one was in January 2017 and that has healed nicely with hardly any sign of the incision and my most recent one in March is healing nicely. He and his staff were easy to deal with. Dr. Pfalz has a great bed side manner and never made me feel rushed during my visits. I would highly recommend him to anyone!
in Lusby, MD |
I highly recommend Dr. Pfalz! He did surgery on my hand and did a great job. My hand is healing nicely and the scar already appears to be minimal. He has a great bedside manner, and explained all of the options to me prior to my surgery and was very thorough during my follow up appointment.
in Prince Frederick, MD |
Dr. Pfalz was awesome. He helped me relax immediately during my initial consultation. He repaired two different hernias and removed a fairly large lipoma. He thoroughly explained how he would perform the surgery, let me know what to anticipate post-op, and took time to give me lots of helpful suggestions during my follow up. I was extremely impressed by his bedside manner. I recommend him to anyone!
in Hollywood md |
Dr Pfalz was very professional and personable. His appointments were on schedule and he appeared genuinely concerned for my health. I would strongly recommend him
in Prince Frederick, md |
My initial consultation exceeded my expectations and I decided on the spot to move ahead with the surgery. Dr. Pfalz explained everything; even the possible bad outcomes so I was making a fully informed decision. Before I walked out the office door on that first visit, I had scheduled the required pre-opt session, set and scheduled the outpatient surgery date and the outpatient surgery date and the follow-up office visit. Surgery went great and after 24 hours there very little pain.
in Upper Marlboro, MD |
Dr. Pfalz has a very good bedside manner. He took the time to get to know me. He is an excellent surgeon. I did not have to take anything for pain, afterward. I would highly recommend him to anyone who needs general surgery or hand surgery.
in Prince Frederick, MD |
I had a large hernia. I met with Dr. Pfalz. He took as much time as was needed to explain the procedure and to answer my questions. His staff is wonderful. They were there for me every step of the way just as he was. Very responsive. I was told it would need two weeks to recover. I was taking 20-30 minute walks about a day-and-half after. I'm not recommending that but I want to explain just how good he is and how well the surgery went. I had very little pain after my surgery. Everything was
in California, MD |
Dr. Pfalz and his staff are very caring professionals focused on the best outcome for the patient. Dr. Pfalz's focus was on the best option for me based on my condition and the impact it was having on my daily life. Once we agreed surgery was the best option, he took time explaining the surgical procedure, post-op recover and long term results. Dr. Pfalz has now completed surgery on both hands and the outcome has been great.
in St Leonard, MD |
Highly recommend. Did surgery on my right wrist and I had some soreness but no pain. If you need hand surgery this is the surgeon to go to.
in Chesapeake Beach |
Dr. Pfalz and his staff are wonderful. (appointments, insurance forms, required testing all were handled with promptness and professionalism) Dr. Pfalz eliminated all of my fears before and after my surgeries. (I have had three) Thank you Dr. Pfalz and your staff! I highly recommend you to all who may need your services.
in St. Leonard, MD |
He is interested in resolving the issue with the best suitable solution for the patient.
in Leonardtown, MD |
I was referred to Dr. Pfalz due to a gallstone. I found Dr. Pfalz and his entire staff very professional, friendly and helpful. I got an appointment in the same week I called and my surgery was schedule immediately (within 5 days). Dr. Pfalz took the time to explain my issues and what I could expect at surgery. I would highly recommend Dr. Pfalz.
in Dunkirk, MD |
I just had hand surgery by Dr. Pfalz. He is the absolute best! I was very nervous about the surgery and then about getting stitches removed. I NEVER felt any pain nor had any complications at all! I am very impressed with Dr. Pfalz and his staff!
in Lexington Park, MD |
He quickly and correctly evaluated my problem,and discussed the best way to approach and resolve it.
in Prince Frederick, MD |
Dr. Pfalz and his staff are about the best you can get. From scheduling my appointment, the diagnosis to scheduling surgery was easy, timely and worry free. Dr. Pfalz is one of the most thorough doctors I have ever been examined by and his surgical skills are fantastic. Thank you Dr. Pfalz and your staff! I highly recommend you to all who may need your services.
in Churchton, MD |
Dr Pfalz took my gallbladder out and I could have gone to work the next day. No pain and very small invisible scars. Awesome job.
in North Beach, MD |
Dr. Pfalz has to be one of the most incredible Doctors I have ever seen. He was wonderful in explaining my gallbladder removal surgery and I had minimal pain post op. He is kind, caring and compassionate. His office staff is absolutely wonderful as well.
in Lusby, MD |
Dr. Pfalz is a wonderful Doctor and I am so grateful to have found him. He has performed three different surgeries for me and each time has done an awesome job. He is very professional, intelligent and caring. Has a great bedside manner and explains every procedure in a way for you to understand. He sits down and talks to you and he also listens. I always recommend him first to all of my family and friends. It is very obvious that Dr. Pfalz cares about his patients well being and his work.
North Beach, MD |
Dr. Pfalz is a surgeon that was highly recommended to me to consult for a second opinion. An on site ER surgeon wanted to perform open gallbladder removal on me, but after I asked to consult Dr. Pfalz for a second opinion I was able to treat my symptoms enough to have the much easier laproscopic surgery. His skill and bedside manner were amazing and I will trust him in my future surgical needs.
in North Beach, MD |
Doctor Phalz creates a very comfortable experience in the office and in the hospital. He is a very skilled surgeon and takes the time to explain the procedure he will perform. Dr. Phalz performed two individual hand surgeries (one on each of my hands) without complication. Follow ups were scheduled and the success of his performance is now visible in my being able to fully use both hands without any impediments.
in Huntingtown, MD |
From first contact with his staff thru to surgery everything was excellent. Dr. Pfalz has a great bedside manner, explains procedures in full details, answers all questions to ensure you are comfortable with the surgery. Dr. Pfalz is a excellent surgeon who I recommend to anyone. Should I need any future surgeries I will contact Dr. Pfalz.
in Waldorf, MD |
I had three surgeries in 2015 performed by Dr. Pfalz. He is very personable and professional when dealing with patients. He is easy to talk to and answers all questions. His office staff is helpful and friendly. I would definitely recommend Dr. Pfalz.
in Huntingtown, MD |
I recently had to have a cyst removed from my wrist, my choice of physicians was Dr. Pfalz. A couple of years ago I had to go to Dr. Pfalz due to a trigger finger which had to be surgically repaired it was such a good experience I went back to Dr. Pfalz. I was not disappointed the second time around, not only is he very knowledgeable but so gentle and will listen to his patients he is very clear on instructions. I would highly recommend Dr. Pfalz for a physician and surgeon.
Have you seen Dr. Helmut Pfalz, MD?
Are you Dr. Pfalz?