Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Helga Pizio, MD
Dr. Helga F. Pizio is certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology and is one of the most experienced practicing ophthalmic surgeons in Southern Nevada. A Fellow of the American College of Surgeons since 1998, Dr. Pizio has been offering her services in Ophthalmology to Las Vegas and the surrounding area since the Fall of 1996. In the Summer of 2008, Dr. Pizio founded New Eyes, a comprehensive eye care facility dedicated to providing patients with advanced eye surgery, treatments to improve visual acuity, and options to prevent vision impairment caused by eye conditions and diseases.

2020 Goldring Ave Ste 402

• HealthPlus Amerigroup
  • Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey

Learn about Dr. Pizio

Dr. Pizio's Experience

Dr. Pizio's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Ophthalmology

• Corneal Erosion
  • Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen

• Eyelid Surgery
  • Glaucoma Surgery
  • Orbital Decompression and Orbitotomy
  • Repair of Brow Ptosis and Blepharoptosis

No malpractice history found for Nevada.

• University Of Miami / School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1992
  • Mt Sinai Mc
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1993
  • Dean McGee Eye Institute University Okla
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1996

Dr. Pizio has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Pizio does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Pizio and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Pizio's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Pizio to family and friends
Dr. Pizio's Performance
San Diego, CA |
Dr. Pizio is a terrific ophthalmologist and cataract surgeon. She is truly caring and wants only to provide the best care possible for each patient. I had cataract surgery on my first eye two weeks ago and my second eye was 6 days ago and I am already 20/20 or better and I can read, even fine print, without glasses for the first time in 26 years. And, as my eyes continue to settle down after the surgery, my vision is expected to improve over the next couple months. I am thrilled.
in Pahrump, NV |
I had cataract surgery done by Dr. Pizio in May 2017 and the experience was absolutely simply EXCELLENT! From Dr. Pizio to the staff at the surgery center and all of her staff at the different locations, I always felt in good hands with knowledgeable professionals. They showed outstanding performance, personal care and amazing dedication. In a few words, if I had another set of eyes and I needed surgery, I would go through the experience again without any hesitation. I highly recommend New Eyes!
in Henderson, NV |
Dr Pizio is very professional & to the point. Her staff is well organized & always ON TIME! I had cataract surgery & eye lid surgery-both with perfect results. She manages to add a snipit of humanious into the complexities of each procedure to be done.
in Las Vegas, NV |
Dr. Pizio recently performed cataract surgery in both of my eyes. My results was nothing short of spectacular. Dr. Pizio inserted the Symphony Intraocular Lenses and one week post op I am seeing 20/20 without glasses or contacts. I am so pleased due to the fact that I required glasses or contacts for the past 68 years. I can't say enough about Dr. Pizio's professionalism and skill as a surgeon. I found her staff (at the Summerlin office) to be very friendly and personable.
Henderson, NV |
At my advanced age, I have met many doctors in many different fields. Dr. Pizio is at the top of the list. She is courteous, professional, to the point and makes you feel very comfortable.
Las Vegas, NV |
I feel fortunate to have Dr. Pizio as my ophthalmologist. She is a professional, caring, and friendly individual. She treated her patient with respect and compassion.
in Las Vegas, NV |
Dr Pizio and her staff are very knowledgeable and provide excellent care for your vision!
in Las Vegas, NV |
Dr. Pizio and staff are very caring, compassionate and highly knowledgeable. Too be a happy and good patient, you need to have a Doctor that you have great confidence in, and Dr. Pizio put me at ease and quickly earned all my confidence. They really care at her Office. Each visit you go and leave feeling good and confident that you are receiving the best eye care in Las Vegas.
in Las Vegas, NV |
Dr. Pizio is a great Doctor she takes time to explain the situation and makes you feel so comfortable ...
in Henderson, NV |
Dr. Pizio is a wonderfully skilled doctor & I HIGHLY recommend her to anyone requiring the surgery that I just had - cataract! Not only is my sight better then I've ever remembered, but I'm not requiring readers & my magnifying glass will now collect dust!!! :o) Her staff is extremely professional & knowledgable & the surgical staff is superb! You know you are in good hands when you are her patient New Eyes is true to it's name! CHEER!
in Las Vegas, NV |
I could not asked for a better doctor. She is very caring, smart, skillful and knows her profession very well.
in Henderson, NV |
I had a great experience with Dr. Pizio getting cataract surgery on one eye. I opted for the Symphony lens, and I ended up with 20/20 distant vision...and I shed my reading glasses as a result of the procedure. Suffice to say,I am one happy camper! Dr. Pizio was accessible and articulate,and the support staff at both News Eyes and Alta/Rose Surgery Center were exemplary. A+ on all counts...
in Las Vegas, NV |
Dr.Pizio did an exceptional work on my eyelids. She made the whole process so easy and comfortable. Entire staff in her office as well as the surgery center were excellent. Dr. Pizio will definitely be busy with my referrals. She is beautiful and kind and just wonderful...
in Las Vegas, NV |
My wife was treated for cataracts on both eyes my Dr. Pizio. The out comes were better then expected. Her attention to her medical condition was excellent. I was so impressed that I was also checked by the doctor and the problem was quickly identified and correct.
Couldn't be happier!
in Las Vegas, NV |
My husband and I have been going to Dr. Pizio for 15 years and wouldn't think of going to anyone else. She is the best at what she does. She changed our eye world. Not only is she an excellent surgeon and all-around eye doctor, she is one of the nicest, kindest individual we know. Very recently I was going through a week of difficulties and needed to see them, they were there for me. I knew then that we hadn't gone wrong 15 years years ago. We love her. Staff is excellent!
in Las Vegas, NV |
I had concerns about cataract surgery because I'm blind in one eye and if something went wrong with cataract surgery I would be virtually blind, but after the initially consultation with Dr. Pizio and her staff I felt confident of a positive outcome and I felt at ease and was looking forward to the surgery. This was mostly due to Dr. Pizio's personality, professionalism and confidence in her ability to safely perform the procedure. Highly recommend her and New Eyes.
in Las Vegas, NV |
Great people and service. Best Doctors office I have ever been in. You can tell employees like their jobs. everyone is happy. Dr. Pizio was wonderful.
in Omaha, NE |
I would not trust Dr. Pizio to implant any IOL in my eyes. I have a friend who was referred to her at Walmart, so they trusted she could help with IOL's. She used the Restor lense without explaining that they require excessive light conditions for a patient to have any decent vision. Forget about driving at night. Even after several follow up visits and complaints, she said all was good. One was lasered into place and will require a trip to L.A. to replace. Unprofessional doctor.
I would never go back to this office. I've had surgery and nothing but problems. I call to make an appointment and they tell me Dr Pizio is much too busy with surgical patients to see a patient. You can do a follow up with one of the other doctors in the office. Really? She's the one that did the surgery why am I having issues with my eyes? That's okay I found another doctor that is absolutely over the top fantastic
in Las Vegas, NV |
Dr. Pizio and her staff at both locations exceeded my expectations on all accounts - quality care, service, hospitality! I'll let the results speak for themselves...Before Dr. Pizio did the cataract surgery in my left eye, I was 20/400 for distance (mind you, legally blind is 20/200). After, I was 20/15 for distance, and 20/16 for intermediate vision. My right eye that was tuned for intermediate vision in the military 7 years ago was 20/10 after Dr. Reizes performed the YAG laser on it!
in Las Vegas, NV |
As a result of the operation, I can now see with 20/20 vision. Secondly, I can now see very well in the dark. Before the operation, I was afraid to drive at night. I can now drive at night, permitting me to take trips previously impossible. In addition, I no longer see halos around lights at night. You will find that Dr. Pizio is very compassionate, knowledgeable, and gives you the feeling that she is primarily interested in what is best for you. The cataract operation was entirelysuccessful
in Las Vegas, NV |
Great person, best cataract surgeon, excellent doctor !!!
in Las Vegas, NV |
My experience with cataract surgery on both eyes with correction of farsightedness and astigmatism was amazing. I now have perfect near and distance vision. Before the surgery I wore contacts or glasses for everything. I'm so thankful to have the vision I didn't even dare to dream would be possible. Every member of the staff that I dealt with was courteous, professional and appeared to enjoy working at New Eyes. I would highly recommend Dr. Pizio and the staff at New Eyes, if you are in need of
in Reno, NV |
If you are from out-of-town, I would not recommend making reservation with Dr. Pizio's office. I do not live in Las Vegas, so I made airline, auto, and hotel reservations after I was given a two-week out confirmed appointment date. Today I was informed that something went wrong with my appointment, and I would not be able to see Dr. Pizio during the time of my other reservations. Now I am back to absorbing the penalties that come along with cancelled flight, auto, and hotel reservations.
The best of the best.
Have you seen Dr. Helga Pizio, MD?
Are you Dr. Pizio?