Dr. Helene Miller, MD

Dr. Helene Miller, MD

Psychiatry  |

Dr. Miller is trained in Adult, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. She is also trained in Anesthesia & Pain Management. She was recently featured as a medical expert on Channel 4 News at Five in a segment discussing stress. Dr. Miller received her M.D. degree in 1993 from Hahnemann University School of Medicine, in Philadelphia. She holds a Bachelor of Arts degree with Academic Honors from the University of Pennsylvania. She completed her internship at Hackensack University Medical Center in the Department of Medicine.She completed her training in Adult Psychiatry in 2006 at Bergen Regional Medical Center in Paramus, New Jersey. Dr. Miller is also specialized in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, and completed a two year fellowship in 2008 at Westchester Medical Center in Valhalla, New York, the teaching hospital of New York Medical College. Her fellowship training and specialization helps her in diagnosing and treating developmental, academic and mood disorders associated with childhood and young adulthood. In addition, Dr. Miller is also an Anesthesiologist, and completed a residency in Anesthesiology at the prestigious Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center in 1997. She integrates her knowledge of pain management and surgical illness into her practice.

Family Psychiatry and Therapy

• Travelers
  • Worker's Compensation
  • Zurich

Learn about Dr. Miller

We pride ourselves in providing a nurturing, clean and confidential atmosphere for our patients. We treat all ages and stages of development. We have emergency and same-day appointments. Confidentiality and privacy are maintained to the strictest of standards. We have modern electronic medical records and electronic prescribing.

Dr. Miller's Experience

Dr. Miller's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Psychiatry

• Social Psychiatry
  • Telepsychiatry
  • Women's Counseling
  • Women's Health Psychology

Dr. Miller does not have any board certifications listed.

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcohol-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Amphetamine and Other Psychostimulant Dependence
  • Depression
  • Developmental and Learning Disorders
  • Dissociative, Conversion, and Factitious Disorders
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Nondependent Opioid Abuse
  • Nondependent Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Panic Disorder
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases

• Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychoanalysis
  • Psychological Testing
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • Stress Management

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• University of Pennsylvania
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1989
  • Drexel University College of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1993
  • Hackensack University Medical Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1994
  • Bergen Regional Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2006
  • Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons/new York Presbyterian Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1997
  • Westchester Medical Center New York Medical College
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2008

Dr. Miller has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Miller has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Miller does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Miller and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Miller's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Miller to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Miller Says:

"We deeply appreciate your submitting a patient satisfaction survey. If you had a good experience, please share that with your freinds and family. If not, please let us know so that we can rectify any issues. Thank you."

Dr. Miller's Performance
in Closter, NJ |
refuses Medicare, some attitude from Samantha, short and simple!
Paterson, NJ |
Dr. Miller's office is awesome! When I called over the phone, the receptionist Gina was very friendly and helped me make an appointment with Mrs. Linick who works there. The office is very clean and comfortable. The staff is very friendly and make you feel welcome. My experience interviewing Mrs. Linick, LCSW, was wonderful!
Saddle Brook, NJ |
Dr. Millers assistant Gina was so easy to talk to and was great getting my son an appointment with Dr. Miller right away. I met with Dr. Miller with my son today and was very impressed! She took the time time to meet with both of us separately in order to get a full background. She was very patient, knowledgeable and caring. For the first time in a long time I can see a light at the end of the tunnel and feel hopeful my son will get the proper care he needs to reach his full potential.
Brooklyn, NY |
Dr. Miller and the entire office staff is exceptional. You will feel comfort from the moment you walk in until you leave
Dear "Brooklyn": Thank you so much for recognizing the office staff and our soothing environment. Your 4-star review of our practice means that you had a very positive experience and that is wonderful. We strive to create comfort and support for all of our patients. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to travel all the way from Brooklyn to our office!
I got a 1st appointment quickly, but I didn't like Dr. Miller's style--I felt like she was interrogating me. She asked me twice if my son was "on weed" when I was discussing his issues in college. She never explained to me that some medicines take up to 2 weeks before they take effect. When I called her multiple times during a long weekend, I got no return calls. Her level of knowledge/drugs prescribed worked, but having to see her every 1-2 months and very long waits at apts. made me switch.
Dear "Anonymous": Thank you for the positive feedback regarding our ease of scheduling a same day appointment. We are pleased that you found that the "level of of knowledge/drugs prescribed worked" and that you began to feel better. Nonetheless, we recognize that you did not desire to continue treatment, and we wish you the very best in your journey to happiness and well-being.
in Westwood, NJ |
When I started seeing Dr. Miller this year, I was desperate for help. I had been living with depression and crippling anxiety & was doubtful I'd ever find relief. As soon as Gina answered- I knew I was in good hands. She got me in ASAP and was very caring. Dr. Miller was sympathetic, patient & didn't judge me. She addressed my issues, referred me to a therapist and gave me HOPE. I took ALL of her suggestions & dove into recovery. She's not in my network- but her expertise is priceless. <3 her!!
Dear "Mary": Thank you very much for a positive review. We appreciate that fact that you recognize we offer appointments ASAP. Thank you for noting Dr. Miller is "sympathetic, patient, and didn't judge". We strive to treat all of our patients with respect and empathy. Everyone has a unique narrative, and their treatment should feel personalized. We are delighted that you are reaping the rewards of a positive therapy experience, and we wish you continued success in your journey to wellness.
in Westwood, NJ |
I have been coming to Dr.Miller for 2 years now. I'm handful I've found her after the countless other doctors. I have found her!
Dear "GC": We deeply appreciate your "4 Star" review of Dr. Miller and her staff and office experience that you have had during your two years in treatment. We are honored to continue to help to guide you along your path to happiness, wellness, and balance in your life.
in Emerson, NJ |
Dr. Miller is the BEST! My 14 year old son has been seeing Dr. Miller for 2 and a half years for OCD and ADHD. I am a clinical psychologist, and I chose Dr. Miller because she has a great reputation with my peers as the best child psychiatrist in northern NJ. My son always finds her easy to talk to, and when we have to change or add medications, it is always explained to us the reasons why he needs it, , and my son really feels like she listens to him. He is so much better now, in all honors c
Dear "Lynn": Thank you for the glowing review and for entrusting us in the care of your child for the past two years. To receive such positive feedback from a parent allows us to know that we are helping your child to thrive. We are thrilled that he is doing well in school and that his symptoms are not interfering with his ability to excel academically and enjoy his life to the fullest!
Westwood, NJ |
At our first appt. were told the Dr. will b 15 min, she had someone else she was working with. After 15 min I asked and the receptionist said "were going to have to reschedule". We pulled our child out of school for this. We were livid! Dr. and office staff NEVER called to apologize. When I called the office manager, she said she will get back to me. I called two days later and she still had not talked with the Dr. but said it's not a good fit. Please DO NOT LET Dr. Miller treat your child!
Dear "Anonymous": We see that you have posted yet another review about the same day again. Once again, we are sorry that you waited 15 minutes to see the doctor. Had you not left the office, she would have seen your child soon after, and perhaps the scenario would have been more positive. We do hope that you get the services that you need and wish you all the best.
in Ridgewood, NJ |
Dr.Miller is good at what she does.giving medication she is not really good at anything more than that.She has no bedside manner whatsoever, and she has no idea how to really read someones emotions.When she is conveying something that is hurting someone and she does not stop, she continues.Makes the person feel bad because most of the time her accusations are correct but maybe that person was not ready to hear the.She is not the warm and fuzzy kind at all,so if you need that do not see her!!
in Dumont NJ |
Dr Miller save me from not enjoying life. My pain still there but she is so profecional at what she does that I can deal with it better. Gina the receptionist the best I ever have. She cares for us, cares to the point that she goes the extra mile for the patient not to miss my appointment and helps me to get in to see Dr Miiler every time I m desperate. She cares
Dear "GG": Thank you for the glowing review of Dr. Miller and her practice manager, Gina. We are delighted to know that you have had such a positive experience over the years. As you mentioned, we do care deeply about our patients, and are glad that you are feeling better. Like you mentioned, Gina and her staff will always try their hardest to schedule patients as soon as possible when needed.
I called to schedule an appointment and her response, hmm I have no time for you and then she just hung up on me. Exceedingly rude, especially for this line of work and the website clearly stating she is accepting patients.
Dear Anonymous: Dr. Miller's staff answer the phones, so we are certain that this was not a conversation that you seem to believe you had with the doctor. We are sorry that you had such a negative experience with whomever you did indeed call. We wish you the best.
New Jersey |
I recently started bringing my child in to be treated by Dr. Miller for depression and anxiety. While dealing with a hormonal and emotional teenager/young adult is NEVER easy, Dr. Miller has been helping us work through some very concerning issues. She is very calming and quite attentive. My child actually looks forward to these sessions and is feeling better. I would recommend Dr. Miller to anyone with a teenager who is worried that their child will not connect with an adult.
Dear "New Jersey": We thank you for sharing your child's positive experiences with Dr. Miller. Helping children and families is Dr. Miller's passion, and we greatly appreciate the glowing feedback.
in Little Ferry, NJ |
Dr. Miller actually made my child feel worst than what they originally came in for. Please if you have a child this is one person to steer away from. It went from having a phycological issue then turning it into physical issue. The child suffered already for just not being able to socialized to then having Dr. Miller criticized into losing weight. She created another upset in my child's mind. Having my child state that he was not comfortable all led me to believe that she is not a professional.
Tremendous experience with Dr. Miller. Very understanding and knowledgeable. Would highly recommend her
Dear "Jan 31, 2016": Thank you for the positive and favorable review of your "tremendous experience" with Dr. Miller. We know that seeing a psychiatrist for the first time can feel very difficult. We are grateful that you felt that the Doctor was "understanding and knowledgeable". We are humbled that you would highly recommend her services to others. We wish you all the best.
Have you seen Dr. Helene Miller, MD?

Visit Dr. Miller