Dr. Hekmat Hakiman, MD

Dr. Hekmat Hakiman, MD

Colon & Rectal Surgery  |

Dr. Hakiman graduated Magna Cum Laude from State University of New York at Buffalo with a Bachelor of Science in Biotechnology with a minor in Biochemical Pharmacology. He obtained his medical degree from SUNY Buffalo where he was awarded the Gold Humanism in Medicine award and the Department of Surgery Chair's award for Academic Excellence. Dr. Hakiman developed an interest in the field of colon and rectal surgery while obtaining his General Surgery training at UT Southwestern Medical Center and Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas, TX. He completed his fellowship at Baylor University Medical Center.

Tri-City Colo-Rectal Surgery

• CHAMPVA
  • Health Net
  • LifeWise

Learn about Dr. Hakiman

The goal is to provide the highest quality care available with an emphasis on advanced surgical procedures and technology.  I believe in timely communication and educating patients on their care.

Dr. Hakiman's Experience

Dr. Hakiman's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Colon & Rectal Surgery

• Fistulectomy or Fistulotomy, Anal
  • Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
  • Hemorrhoidectomy or Excision of Anal Tags
  • Interstim® Sacral Nerve Stimulator
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Laparoscopic Abdominoperineal Resection of the Rectum With Robotic Assistance
  • Laparoscopic Colon Surgery
  • Laparoscopic Colon Surgery for Cancer and Diverticular Disease
  • Laparoscopic Rectal Surgery
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Laparoscopic Treatment for Colorectal Disease
  • Minimally Invasive Colorectal Surgery
  • Proctectomy, Open or Laparoscopic (incl. Swenson and Duhamel Procedures)
  • Resection of Diverticulae
  • Robotic Assisted Procedure
  • Sacral Nerve Stimulation
  • Screening Colonoscopy
  • Sphincterotomy
  • Surgery, Robotic Assisted

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• State University Of New York At Buffalo
  • Ut Southwestern Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2013
  • Baylor University Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2014

Dr. Hakiman has no media or publications listed.

• Farsi

Dr. Hakiman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hakiman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dignity Health - Mercy Gilbert Medical Center

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
General Surgery Excellence Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Hakiman is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Hakiman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hakiman to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Hakiman's Performance
in Mesa |
I had an excellent experience with Dr. Hakiman. He was very efficient, and was open to me discussing my ideas about anesthesia. I highly recommend this physician!
Chandler, AZ |
Stay clear of this guy. I saw him for a vaginal rectal fistula. He asked me why I was there even though he had just looked at the CT scan. He explained it clearly enough and stated it would require surgery. I asked him what outcome I could expect if I deferred surgery. He said I would get sick. I asked what he meant by sick. He answered I would have some pain in my abdominal area. I ask how often that outcome occurs. He said he did not know as everybody chooses to get it fixed.
in Tempe, AZ |
He “fixed” my prolapse and I haven’t been able to poop since. Now going to some one else odds are I will probably have to have a colonoscopy bag. Thank you for screwing up the inside of my body!
Mesa, AZ |
My husband and I were very impressed with Dr. Hakiman. He surgically removed a pilonidal cyst from our son. He was very thorough explaining why this happens and how it would be removed. We felt safe and confident with Dr. Hakiman. I would highly recommend him.
in Gilbert, AZ |
I LOVE THIS MAN! Never thought I would be saying that about my colorectal doctor haha! But this man is saving me! From the beginning he has been nothing but amazing. he told me he would take care of me and he has. He draws pictures of what he is doing so I know exactly what's going on, good at explaining, amazing bedside manner. I feel so comfortable and in good hands with Dr. Hakiman... and that is hard to find nowadays! Would definitely recommend.
in San Tan Valley, AZ |
My husband needed colon surgery last month. You can only imagine how nervous we were. Dr Hakiman used robotic surgery. It is just remarkable how well my husband recuperated. Also his office staff is so professional you will be shocked how well your treated. I would highly recommend Dr Hakiman without any reservations. He's 10 stars.
in Sun Lakes Az |
I went in June 23rd for my 3rd colonoscopy. Unfortunately I had a perfptation early in the procedure. Unbeknownst to my Gastrointestinal Dr I had developed many adhesions from previous female surgeries so he was not to blame at all. Anyway I met Dr Hakiman in the emergency room in Chandler Regional hospital at about 10:30 am or so and was in surgery by 1 pm. It took about 3 and a half hours to do. This Dr is amazing! I got out of the hospital on the 27th with no complications what so ever!
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr Hakiman really helped explain exactly what was going to happen during my colon surgery. Made me feel comfortable. He is a gifted surgeon and has great bedside manner.
in Chandler, AZ |
Dr. Hakiman is the best doctor I have ever had. Diagnosed with appendix cancer at 44 years old. He was so calm and comforting and performed a colectomy. He truly held my hand every step of the way and my surgery was a success with no issues. I will never forget his kindness and compassion.
in Scottsdale, AZ |
This man saved my life... He performed a 6 hour surgery and found the problem and he performed a colonoscopy. His bedside manner is phenomenal with a caring attitude that helped to pull me through a very difficult time....I have the utmost respect for him. Highly recommended doctor.
in Gilbert, AZ. |
Dr. Hakiman is a great doctor! After having a colonostopy and the doctors not finding any problems I was still having issues. I was able to find Dr. Hakiman thru my network and get in promptly to see him about my problem on a Thursday and set for surgery on Monday. Because of his thoroughness he took a sample of a node which turned out to be cancer. After another surgery and treatment I am in remission. Dr. Hakiman saved my life!
in Mesa, AZ |
He presents as friendly and caring from the first encounter. He takes time to explain procedures and options thoroughly. My post surgery visit was all good news from him and he assured me that I was healing and progressing nicely. I consider him more than a doctor, but also friend.
Chandler, AZ |
Dr. Hakiman and his staff are very professional and courteous. Dr. Hakiman was able to help my husband with his pilonidal cyst, getting him on the surgery schedule before the end of the year for immediate treatment and so that we wouldn't be hit with our high deductible. After care by Dr. Hakiman, his PA and his nursing staff have been excellent.
in Tempe, AZ |
I found Dr. Hakiman to be an exceptional surgeon. He cares about the welfare of his patients and exhibits an warm bedside manner.
Have you seen Dr. Hekmat Hakiman, MD?
Are you Dr. Hakiman?

Gilbert, AZ 85297
Banner Desert Medical Center
1400 S Dobson Rd
Mesa, AZ 85202

More Colon & Rectal Surgery Specialists like Dr. Hakiman at Tri-City Colo-Rectal Surgery