Dr. Heidi Shea, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism | Female

Endocrine Associates of Dallas P.A, 1820 Preston Park Blvd Ste 1850 Plano, TX 75093 Get Directions
Dr. Heidi Shea, MD
Dr. Heidi Shea, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism doctor who practices in Plano, TX. She is 48 years old. Dr. Shea is affiliated with Medical City Plano.

Dr. Shea's Experience

See how Dr. Shea's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Shea

Dr. Shea accepts 16 insurance carriers

Dr. Shea is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Shea has admitting privileges.

Dr. Shea's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Shea to family and friends
3.9
Dr. Shea's Performance
in Plano, TX |
My husband and I found Dr. Shea to be annoyed in answering questions about our 4 year old's thyroid condition! Neither of us were familiar with the condition. Instead of educating us, she became curt and rude, asking my husband, "Do you have any questions, or do you let your wife do all the talking?" Ugh. Aside from "people skills", the office lacked a child-friendly feeling - I later discovered most patients are adults. Additionally, my daughter's blood draw was a disheartening fiasco.
Cincinnati, OH |
This has been one of the best, if not the best, endocinology office that I've been too. Wait times are not too long and the staff is very quick to respond to my messages.
Mckinney, TX |
My son was referred to Dr. Shea by his primary care physician due to lab work indicating hypothyroid levels. I was told by the office staff we could not make an apt until Dr. Shea reviewed his lab and decided if he required an apt. A month went by and I never received a call from them so I called and I was told that YES Dr. Shea would like to see him to discuss his lab work. The earliest they could get him in was 4 wks. On the day of his apt we waited 1 hr in the waiting room and then waited
Plano, TX |
I cant really comment on dr shea, since we never actually see her. We only end up seeing her staff. The staff is nice though. My wife also goes there, and she also never sees the actual doctor. Thats just how it works at this practice.
in Rowlett TX |
Dr. Shea and her staff are great - a friend told me about Dr. Shea and I have to say that I am very happy with all that I have done with her office - they keep in touch through email and their portal.. If you are in need of a Endocrinologist Dr. she is the one. They have an office in Dallas and Plano. Diana
in Mckinney, TX |
No complaints. Dr Shea takes her time with you and covers your situation in detail.
Southlake, TX |
Dr. Shea seemed knowleadable in her field of expertise. However, her bedside manner was so unpleasant that I would never recommend her to pediatric patients. My 8yr old daughter saw her three times. She never once addressed Maddie directly. She ignored her, even when she became scared and started to cry. She also neglected to mention an FDA investigation into the drug therapy that she recommended. When my husband and I attempted to ask questions, she was dismissive an condescending.
in Dallas, Texas |
I recommend her all the time to friends.
in Plano, TX |
She is the very best. Highly recommend her!
Frisco, TX |
We are pleased with the results we have gotten with Dr. Shea. Dr. Shea was able to get our son on the growth hormone treatment that he needs. In addition, when we see her we always get our questions answered. However, I have cautioned others that the response time from the office with communication is frustrating. The portal has made this somewhat better, but I still struggle to get responses or to receive information that is pertinent.
Plano, TX |
Dr. Shea has always been my endocrinologist! She is amazing and treats everyone in my family. She always takes the time to discuss everything in detail with you and truly cares about my well being. I trust Dr. Shea 100% with my care and would recommend her to anyone.
Dallas, TX |
I highly recommend Dr. Shea. I see her for nodules on my thyroid and my son sees her for hypothyroidism. We are both very pleased with our care. Dr. Shea takes time to listen and is clear in her explanations. I'm able to ask all of my questions. My son has special needs and she is wonderful with him. She is a very caring doctor.
Irving, TX |
Really great service except when dealing with prescriptions. I've had to make multiple calls a couple months in a row to get my prescription filled because the office staff sends it to the wrong pharmacy, or doesn't get the dosage or quantity the same as we discussed. It took me a week to get my prescription refilled once. Other than that, great service.
Irving, TX |
Dr. Shea is excellent in her diagnosis, service and care. But the nurse staff that support her do not follow up well and do not respond on time with lab results.
in Garland, TX |
Dr. Shea is always helpful and completely on top of all of our concerns. We feel thoroughly taken care of by her and her staff. We have never experienced even a moment of discomfort with her and her protocols for managing my son's growth. I highly recommend her.
in Allen, TX |
I really like Dr. Shea and her staff. She is very knowledgeable and cares about her patients. I have recommended her several times to people with thyroid issues.
Dallas, TX |
I just wish that the insurance manger would call and communicat e better with the patient instead of me having to call. Dr. did say that they would give me a call and never did. You will just have to be proactive instead of waiting for a call. That is my only complaint. Dr. Shea is a great Dr.
in Mesquite, TX |
Excellent care, very caring and knowledgeable staff and doctors. The doctors work had at making sure you get the best care and plans to help you control your diabetics
in Plano, TX |
Although I have not seen Dr. Heidi Shea I have experienced her professionalism in the office. My primary Dr. in this office is Shamsher Lakhian, MD. I absolutely value Dr. Lakhian and highly respect her. I've had about 6 Endocrinologists in the 15 years that I was diagnosed with Thyroid goiters and Dr. Lakhian is the only one that listened, truly examined and totally explained what was going on, what needed to happen for my ultimate well being and follows through with after care.
in Frisco, TX |
I really like Dr Shea. I have seen her and her staff on and off for the last seven years for hypo thyroidism and pre-diabetes. Ive found it pretty easy to get an appointment time when I need it. They are awesome on follow up with their patient portal. They review your health each time and are good about looking at your over all picture. I have recommended others to her practice often. I also have met with the on staff nutritionist whom I loved!
El Paso, TX |
Dr. Shea is very knowledgeable and thorough.
in Dallas, TX |
I highly recommend Dr. Shea. I have been seeing her for about 7 years, after being undiagnosed and under-treated by two other doctors. She is engaging, professional, empathetic, and most importantly, highly skilled. Her office funs like a fine-tuned machine.
in Plano, TX |
I believe Dr Shea is the best doctor I've ever interacted with. And that includes a long list of my own doctors and my parents and grandparents doctors I've dealt with.
in Frisco Texas |
I really like Dr Sea, she is very easy to talk with, listens with care.
in Rowlett, TX |
I love Dr. Shea and the care and attention I receive from her and her associates which is why I have been recommending her to my friends who have thyroid issues. When talking with them about the care they get from their doctors, Dr. Shea is simply the best. However, I do have two friends who are trying to get in to start seeing her or one of the other doctors there but the process has been made difficult to start seeing one of the doctors there.
McKinney |
Dr. Shea is a smart, thorough and practical physician. She has been instrumental in coordinating my overall health care plans and is amazing at explaining issues with great care and understanding.
in Frisco, TX |
Dr. Shea has been my endocrinologist for 16 years. She is extremely personable, kind, and caring. She has successfully helped me to control my diabetes. I sing her praises!
in Plano, TX |
Dr. Shea is very knowledgeable and very patient with her patients. She uses most effective treatments to make sure her patients are in best conditions.
in Dallas, TX |
Dr Shea's nurse is amazing at drawing blood. I hope she keeps her forever.
in Richardson, TX |
Dr. Shea addressed emergency need and sent me to hospital. In addition she ordered additional tests at her office to be done later after immediate need was met. My family and I are fortunate to have Dr. Shea's caliber as our Endocrinologist. She is professional, prompt and thorough.
in Plano, TX |
Dr. Shea is very kind, professional, and a talented specialist. She always take the time I need to ensure my concerns are addressed and ensures her assessment is thorough enough to pick up things I might not have raised. She has worked with me over the years to find just the right treatment for my osteoporosis - she never gave up and was attentive to the side effects of some of the early drugs I tried.
The front desk lady is not accurate with information when requesting important documents. Innovative office vist was awesome but wasn't giving me a view of my child's very important information concerning a tumor.
in Richardson |
It is important to listen to your patients especially when they are long term thyroid patients.
in Plano, Texas |
I love Dr. Shea's and her staff I have only been a patient for a few months but I am so glad that I was able to become a patient there. The staff is very welcoming and I received a very excellent examination. I would highly recommend people to be a patient with Dr. Shea.
Lewisville, TX |
I have been seeing Dr. Shea for my condition for many years now. She is very knowledgeable at what she does and has an excellent bedside manner. Not many medical professionals are familiar with my kind of condition so it was very comforting to know that she has quite a bit of experience with it. I also love that she isn't so quick to just put me on medications for this or that. The fewer medications I have to be on, the better!
Littleton, CO |
Dr. Shea was always professional and kind.
in Allen, TX |
Dr Shea has an excellent bedside manner. I don't look forward to my appointments but i don't dread them either. She is always very re-assuring and comforting.
Garland, TX |
Dr. Shea and her staff have always been great whether on the phone or at my appointments.
in Dallas, TX |
I used to be a patient here (T1D), but I got so frustrated with the business side of this office that I had to leave. The office staff was rude, it was impossible to get anyone on the phone, and making appointments was a nightmare. Dr Shea is terrific and I loved her, but the practice she's in was awful.
Irving, TX |
Dr Shea is extremely thorough and is managing and controlling my endocrine issues.
Was a patient for 6 years and saw the "doctor" twice. Was bounced between rotating PA's who moved on to other jobs. Made it feel more like a cattle auction than a doctor's office experience.
in Longview, TX |
My 15 year old has been seeing Dr. Shea for about 5 years. We absolutely would recommend her and her staff to anyone.
Frisco, TX |
Most times I have gone in for a visit with the doctor [vs. NP] my wait time has been 45-60 minutes which is ridiculous.
in Carrollton, TX |
I already recommended her! Dr. Shea has been my endocrinologist for a number of years now. She is quite knowledgeable in a range of endocrine disorders, two of which she is following for me personally. She is never rushed during my office visits and takes time to explain everything, never treating me as if I am unable to comprehend. She is professional, yet personable. She truly cares about the patient in toto - not just in regards to their disease. She is an excellent physician.
Frisco, TX |
My interactions with Dr. Shea have been professional and courteous. However, the ability to talk to one of her staff members via telephone, whether it is a nurse or for changing/making an appointment, is frustrating to say the least. If the call is answered by a staff member, the chances of getting a response is 50/50 because the call may be put on hold, and once it is put on hold there is no guarantee that anyone answers the call at all. The least the staff can do is answer calls.
in Plano, TX |
Dr. Heidi Shea has always come across as a very caring care giver. She takes as much time as you need to understand any issues you might have and pays close attention to all your concerns. She always provides a written follow up of the steps discussed for treatment, including steps I need to take to improve myself.
Carrollton, TX |
Dr. Shea is a great endocrinologist and I trust and admire her professional expertise. The same cannot be said for the office in Plano, including the staff, office processes and communication. The staff was stingy and difficult with me with regards to prescription samples while I was unemployed and uninsured. My 21 year old daughter is also her patient, and the last time she was there, the staff told her that they could not provide water for her following her dizzy spell after a venipuncture.
in Mckinney, TX |
Dr. Shea is an outstanding Dr. She listens to any concerns that I have and always suggests any new and improved treatments that are available. I will stay with Dr. Shea forever.
Have you seen Dr. Heidi Shea, MD?
Are you Dr. Shea?

Compare Dr. Shea

Dr. Shea's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
  •  Board certified in Diabetes, Metabolism & Endocrinology, Internal Medicine, Pediatric Endocrinology and Pediatrics

Dr. Shea has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Shea's Board Certifications

• Diabetes, Metabolism & Endocrinology
  • Pediatric Endocrinology
  • Pediatrics

• Abnormal Thyroid
  • Adrenal Incidentaloma
  • Calcium Metabolism Disorders
  • Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH)
  • Craniopharyngioma
  • Hypothyroidism
  • Kidney Disease
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome

Loyola University School Of Medicine
    Indiana University - School of Medicine
    Indiana University Hospital
    Indiana University - School of Medicine

Dr. Shea does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shea and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism