Dr. Hector Arango, MD

Gynecologic Oncology | Male

Dr. Hector Arango, MD

Dr. Hector Arango, MD is a gynecologic oncology doctor who practices in Clearwater, FL. He is 56 years old and has been practicing for 27 years. Dr. Arango is affiliated with Morton Plant Hospital and Mease Countryside Hospital.

...See Less

Dr. Arango's Experience

See how Dr. Arango's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Arango

Dr. Arango accepts 7 insurance carriers

Dr. Arango is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Arango has admitting privileges.

Dr. Arango's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Arango to family and friends
    3.4
    Dr. Arango's Performance
      GOOD
      GOOD
    Clearwater, FL |
    Dr. Arango treated my mother who was admitted to Morton Plant Clearwater in a very dire state. He was kind and very patience with my mom who is in her eighties. He is very skilled surgeon and very knowledgeable. He performed her surgery and also came by the next day to check on her. I was very impressed with his care and concern. If you are in need of his expertise you will be in good hands.
    in New Port Richey, FL |
    My Name is Joyce S i was referred to Dr Arango by my Primary care doctor, it was the best thing that ever happened to me. Dr. Arango did my surgery and took his time to explain everything to me about my health, i felt very comfortable asking him questions which he politely took his time to answer and explain. His staff is very professional and answers any questions you ask them. Angels don't usually have wings, but walk among us every day doing their work helping mankind.
    Palm Harbor, FL |
    I was referred to Dr. Arango by my primary OB/Gyn and I wish he could be my primary! He is an excellent listener and explains options clearly with the both the pros and cons of a care plan so that I can evaluate effectively. His staff was friendly, responsive and very helpful.
    in New Port Richey, FL |
    I wouldn't recommend Dr. A, I was waiting in the room and I heard him talking and he said,"I can do that surgery but I don't want to because it's a waste of my time". I knew he was talking about me because he then entered the room. The first thing that he said was,"I am confused to why you are here" My gyn who referred me called his office and explained the reason they were referring me and his office approved me. He admitted to me that he doesn't read medical records before hand.
    Tampa, FL |
    Called to make an appointment after he was recommended to me by my doctor. I was told, after I had to repeat all of y information several times, which was annoying and already very unprofessional, the I had to send ALL of my records before they would even consider me as a patient... I am not a circus animal and do not jump through hoops. I am already a cancer patient and didn't want to make an appointment for the fun of it... the worst appointment making experience ever...
    in Largo, FL |
    Me and my mother have been patients of Dr. Arango for a couple of years now. He is very caring, knowledgeable, compassionate and -most important of all- he listens and doesn't rush when he is with you as may others GYN Oncologists do. He takes time to explain you everything in details and discuss with you the best options for your situation. I am recommending him big times to anyone who is going through the ordeal of having to find out if you have or not cancer and how to treat you.
    in Largo, Fl |
    One of the only doctors I found that truly care and will take the care to address your concerns. His staff is also unbelievable with their knowledge and caring
    in Seminole, FL |
    I had a hysterectomy in 2014. Right at that time doctors were being told about the dangers of robotic surgery especially with large masses that if there were ANY cancer cells in the masses it could spread cause stomach cancer etc. A month after I had my surgery everything was hitting the papers He knew about this as other Drs and gave me no options if I had any idea that this could happen to me that there was the slightest chance of cancer still spreading to my body ... Now I get to worry!
    in New Port Richey |
    I was a patient of Dr. Arrango's in 2008. He performed a complete hysterectomy for endometrial cancer. I also underwent chemo and vaginal radiation. After my treatment was finished, Dr. Arrange ordered a PET scan and blood work. He called me to say that I needed to come in. He said I was treatable but not curable. I got another opinion at MD Anderson in Houston. I did not have cancer. I was followed at MD Anderson for 5 years.
    Have you seen Dr. Hector Arango, MD?
    Are you Dr. Arango?

Dr. Arango's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Gynecologic Oncology
    •  Board certified in Gynecological Oncology and Obstetrics & Gynecology

Dr. Arango has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Arango's Board Certifications

• Endometriosis
    • Fallopian Tube Cancer
    • Female Infertility
    • Gynecologic Cancer
    • HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus)
    • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
    • Hemorrhoids
    • Hypertension Complicating Pregnancy, Childbirth and Postpartum
    • Maternal Anemia
    • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
    • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
    • Nausea
    • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
    • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
    • Rectovaginal Fistula
    • Scleroderma
    • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
    • Symptomatic Menopause

Tampa Genl Hosp/U South Fla

Completed in 1994

University South Fla

Completed in 1997

Dr. Arango does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Arango and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Gynecologic Oncology

• Colpopexy With Robotic Assistance
    • Colporrhaphy
    • Colporrhaphy With Robotic Assistance
    • Colposcopy
    • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
    • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions