Dr. Heather Bartos, MD

Dr. Heather Bartos, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology  ·
Female  ·
Dr. Heather Bartos, MD is an obstetrics & gynecology specialist in Crossroads, TX and has been practicing for 11 years. She graduated from U Of Tx Med Sch At Houston in 2003 and specializes in obstetrics & gynecology, family medicine, and more.Read her story

8700 US Highway 380 Ste 300

Crossroads, TX 76227

• Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • MedHealthInsurance

Learn about Dr. Bartos

See how frequently Dr. Bartos performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Sexual Dysfunction
Chronic Pelvic Pain
C-Section

Dr. Bartos's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Bartos' bio

This content was provided by Dr. Bartos "Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only backwards and in high heels." This pretty much sums up my feelings about women – we do it all. We're mothers, daughters, sisters, aunts and friends. Oftentimes, we allow ourselves to go last in an effort to support everyone else. When we forget about our own health, the entire family suffers. As Dr. Andrew Weil says, "The heart pumps the freshest blood to itself first. This is not selfish. If the heart can't function, the whole body falls apart." I started off interested in the field of pediatrics, specifically infectious diseases. But then I discovered the world of ob/gyn. It involved medicine, surgery, primary care and specialty care. It encapsulated care of infants to care of grandmas. It fascinated me that I could take care of someone at the beginning of life and at the end of life – all in one specialty. And I thought men were "weenies" compared to my female patients. I knew I had to take care of women – the ones taking care of everyone else! I spent 12 years in the US Navy, five of which were active duty. During that time, I served the women and spouses of the armed forces in both Charleston and Washington D.C. In Washington, I was also an associate professor at the Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences (USUHS), teaching medical students and residents in both obstetrics and gynecology. I also served as an expert witness for the military in sexual assault trauma. While as a medical student and a resident, I worked at the Children's Assessment Center in Houston, Texas, a state-of-the-art facility that treats young children who are victims of assault. It was that training that led to my interest in pediatric and adolescent gynecology, which is still an interest of mine today. Prior to my service in the medical and military fields, I spent seven years in marketing, advertising and public relations, working with Texas Children's Hospital and the Methodist Health Care System, which are both based in the Texas Medical Center in Houston. While I was there, I entered medical school at the University of Texas at Houston and then did residency at Baylor College of Medicine. When I'm not working, I spend time with my husband, two human children and two animal children. We enjoy cooking (we are huge Top Chef fans!) and are also huge fans of "So You Think You Can Dance." I'm so proud to now introduce my newest baby – "be!" Dr. Bartos has been board certified by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology since 2008. She is also certified by the International Board of Lactation Consultants. She has achieved pilates instructor credentials since 2009.

This content was provided by Dr. Bartos "After spending time in "corporate" medicine, I didn't feel I could practice medicine the way I wanted – the way most women wanted. Preventive medical care was scoffed and medicine was all about "shares," "relative value units" and seeing more people while seemingly doing less for them.

I wanted to put a stop to it. Driving home one day from a long day at work, daydreaming about the way I'd like to run a medical practice if I could, a familiar old song from the 70s came on the radio: "Let It Be." And then it came to me. We, as medical providers, should encourage women to be themselves; be strong; be confident; be healthy. And I realized, this whole project was just meant to be.

I wanted to create a village for women's health where all women could feel their health was supported and their health goals were cherished.

Welcome, and let it be."

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

Medical School | Graduated 2003
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2004
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2007
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Bartos has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Bartos does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bartos and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Bartos' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Bartos

3.8

Dr. Bartos?
Dr. Bartos' Performance
What People Say About Dr. Heather Bartos, MD
Dr. Barto‘s & nurse practitioner Miss Heather wonderful and sweet people. I was so luck to find I place where I feel so comfortable. Believe me your in great hands.
Very unorganized.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Heather Bartos, MD?
Terrible office who has poor communication. Several things happened prior to us leaving this practice. Dr. Bartos never reached out to us to find out why then posted on her FB page- her assumptions. The behavior of her office must be directly learned from her. A Dr who cared would reach out to hear...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Heather Bartos, MD?
Would recommend to any family or friend! The entire office staff is warm and welcoming. Very professional.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Heather Bartos, MD?
Wrong IUD was going to be put in. [Copper instead of hormone] *IF YOU HAVE ALLERGY TO COPPER THIS IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT AND RISKY*. I specifically picked copper because my body doesn't handle certain types of metal well, it rejects it. Doctor acting like it was my fault and getting angry along...Read More
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Bartos?