Dr. Heather Hartzell, MD

Dr. Heather Hartzell, MD

Ophthalmology  ·
Female  ·
Dr. Heather Hartzell, MD is an ophthalmology specialist in Fairfax, VA and has been practicing for 17 years. She graduated from Washington University St Louis in 1996 and specializes in ophthalmology.

3650 Joseph Siewick Dr Ste 303

Fairfax, VA 22033

• CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. Hartzell

See how frequently Dr. Hartzell performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Stye
Keratitis
high
Eye Infections

Dr. Hartzell's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Ophthalmology

• Ophthalmology
    Accredited by: American Board of Ophthalmology*

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

• Washington University St Louis
    Medical School | Graduated 1996
  • Unc Hospital Internal Medicine
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1997
  • Washington University School Of Medicine Department Of Ophthalmology
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2000
  • Cornea External Diseases Refractive Surgery With Lawrence A. Gans M.D.
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2001

• fairfaxeye.com,

Dr. Hartzell does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hartzell and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Hartzell's Reviews

4.2
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hartzell to family and friends

Dr. Hartzell's Performance

After 5 years and multiple visits I say with conviction that Dr Hartzell’s Superior knowledge , meticulous attention and excellent diagnostic ability , in my judgement is unmatched !
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
I cannot recall how long my family has been seeing Dr. Hartzell, it has been that long. She may take her time with patients but that is a small price for the quality of care she provides. She has always been available, friendly and an extremely caring doctor. Easy to get in touch with, easy to...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option1
Absolutely terrible doctor. I cannot recommend her to anyone. She is rude, has no patience and lacks empathy. She does not have someone to manage her office and she is doing a poor job of it. She gave no time to fill out paper work after running over with a patient. My one bit of advice to the...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option3

I do apologize that I spent extra time with the patient preceding your mother's appointment. I understand your frustration when doctors run behind. I hope you will reconsider your combative behavior toward me the next time you or your family member require extra attention from a physician. I am sorry I was unable to see your mother as you did not have her health insurance cards or any health insurance information available at the time of her appointment and you chose not to proceed.

Doctor Heather Hartzell is one of the best Ophthalmologist in our area. And the reason I say this is because back in 2008 I had a severe trauma injury into my right eye. It required three surgeries to construct my eye without knowing if I was going to be able to keep my eye sight or even to keep...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0