Dr. Heather Adkins, MD

Headache Management ·  Female · Age 46

Dr. Adkins

Adkins Headache Center, PLLC

1910 Sedwick Rd Ste 400A Durham, NC 27713

Dr. Heather Adkins, MD is a headache management specialist in Durham, NC and has been practicing for 12 years. She graduated from UNIV OF LOUISVILLE SCH OF MED in 1999 and specializes in headache management and neurology.

Dr. Adkins accepts

Dr. Adkins accepts the following insurance:

MedCost

Dr. Adkins' Top Procedures and Conditions

Migraine

Dr. Adkins treats Migraine more than 100% of her peers

Dr. Adkins treats this condition more than 100% of her peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Basilar Migraine
  • Migrainous Stupor Migraine
  • Oculomotor Migraine
  • Retinal Migraine
  • Visual Migraine
All Headaches (incl. Migraine)

Dr. Adkins treats All Headaches (incl. Migraine) more than 99% of her peers

• Drug Rebound Headache
  • Facioplegic Migraine
  • Familial Hemiplegic Migraine
  • Headache-Free Migraine
  • Headaches (Shunt Related)
  • Hypertension Headache
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Trigger Point Therapy
  • Vascular Headache
  • Visual Migraine

Doctor Heather Adkins is a board-certified headache specialist who is dedicated to finding effective, personalized treatment for patients with headache and face pain disorders.
Doctor Adkins specializes in the treatment of headaches becaus...

• Headache Management

3.9

Dr. Adkins?
Dr. Adkins' Performance
What People Say About Dr. Heather Adkins, MD
Dr. Adkins is in my opinion the best neurologist to she if you have chronic migraines or headaches. She is through and does not leave any stone unturned with diagnosis and treatment. Head pain is a very tricky thing. There are no labs or test that can be ran to diagnose. Dr. Adkins takes the time and really gets to know her patients pior to treatment. I highly recommend her if you’re have any kind of chronic head pain.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Heather Adkins, MD?
Dr. Adkins is incredibly committed to her patients. She is very well educated and up to date on research. She listens and cares about her patients. Dr. Adkins is easy to talk to and one of the best doctors I have ever seen.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Heather Adkins, MD?
I have been under Dr. Adkins's care for 9 years. She has always treated me with compassion, concern, and has a genuine desire to help me combat my chronic migraines. I'm not an easy patient to treat due to medication restrictions, but Dr. Adkins is always seeking ways to alleviate my migraines. I would highly recommend Dr. Adkins.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Heather Adkins, MD?
My experience with Dr. Adkins was phenomenal. My first visit to see her; I had recently been in a car accident and was experiencing major headaches. The ambience was amazing and I immediately felt a sense of comfort. She was very welcoming and pleasant. she knew exactly what I needed and she provided me with excellent care. For that I am greatly appreciative. I would highly recommend Dr Adkins to anyone who may be experiencing traumatic head aches. She's the best. LaVerne Grafton
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Heather Adkins, MD?
I've been seeing Dr. Adkins now for about 6 months. I've been dealing with migraines since I was 11 years old and I've had no luck with doctor's prior to working with Dr. Adkins. She's been incredibly helpful and willing to work with me around particular medications I'd prefer to avoid. Since I've started seeing Dr. Adkins my headaches are down to less than one a week, and my migraines less than one a month. This is a huge improvement in my quality of life and couldn't be happier with her!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Heather Adkins, MD?
I can't say enough how amazing Dr. Adkins is and how grateful I am for her. My medical history is very complex, for the last 14 years every doctor ended with the same, we just don't know. I was frustrated and losing hope when I was referred to Dr. Adkins. Even when tests came back negative or inconclusive she NEVER gave up and now we finally have answers. Due to the miltary I now travel from CA to see her because not only is she caring and compassionate, she is the best specialists I've seen.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Heather Adkins, MD?
I've suffered from migraines for over 20 years. I've visited doctor offices and neurologists on both coasts and Dr. Adkins is the first doctor who really took the time to have a conversation with me about my migraine history. She created a customized "cocktail" for just me, not people like me. I never feel rushed and her staff is so very attentive. Her office is soothing and perfect for those of us with light, scent, and sound sensitivity. And parking is a snap! I'm so relieved I found her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Heather Adkins, MD?
FINALLY, A Dr. who listens to me ! Dr. Heather Adkins is an awesome Neurologist that really cares. She really listens and gives the best care possible by forming a plan and adjusting it as needed. She's intelligent yet down to earth. In my experience, that is rare for a physician. Dr. Adkins was recommended to me and I'm so thankful I found her. Riding the 3 hour trip from the Coast is well worth it. She now has her very own practice, Adkins Headache Center, And I Love It.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Heather Adkins, MD?
I can't say enough positive things about Dr. Adkins. She has given me back a true quality of life I never thought was possible. Because of her I can be an active part of my children's and husband's life now. She listened when no other doctors did. I have has two brain surgeries for Chiari Malformation. I never thought I would find a doctor that truley understand the pain I was living in everyday. She understands. She has made me want to live again.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Heather Adkins, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Adkins several years ago when she was at Duke. Her gentle demeanor and soft spoken manner were not only on the first visit, as with many doctors. They have remained throughout my years as her patient. She is very caring and concerned about my migraines. She monitors my medications each visit to ensure we are at the right dosage to keep them at bay. I was terrified when I showed up for my first Botox visit, but she allayed all my fears. I'll follow her anywhere!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Heather Adkins, MD?
Dr. Adkins and her staff were efficient, kind, and took the time to listen to my wife about her migraines and the problems that come with them. The visit was refreshing, as my wife was not dismissed as just having "headaches." We currently live out of the country and it is great to know that Dr. Adkins will be here whenever we come back to the States for further evaluations and any changes in treatment. I would give a 5 star rating without hesitation.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Heather Adkins, MD?
After over 40 years of inadequate treatment, Dr. Heather D. Adkins’ willingness ot listen to my account of effective and ineffective treatments was refreshing. During the seven years I’ve been her patient, her specific knowledge and compassion for headache suffers, along with her treatment recommendations, has resulted in the best quality of life I’ve experienced in decades. I consider my 320 mile round-trips a small inconvenience, considering the benefits.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Heather Adkins, MD?
My wife has been seeing Dr Adkins for a while, so I followed her recommendation, and I'm glad I did. She is extremely knowledgeable, but more importantly, she listens and considers the whole impact that headaches (or side effects) can have. Easily one of the best doctors I've seen.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Heather Adkins, MD?
Dr Adkins is compassionate, patient and takes the time to listen as you describe your symptoms. She has many options to manage my migraines and is always researching other options. Her office has soft lighting taking into consideration migraine suffers are usually light sensitive which I for one appreciate.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Heather Adkins, MD?
I have recommended Family and friends to see Dr. Atkins. She spends time with her patients. And she listens, therefore the care you receive is individual to you. It's not like she's treating my problem, she's treating me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Heather Adkins, MD?
This review is for Dr. Adkins at her new practice - Adkins Headache Center, PLLC - which she opened in Fall 2016 within Chapel Hill Doctors. Dr. Adkins is caring, compassionate, and an expert diagnostician. After suffering with migraines for years, I am delighted to have found Dr. Adkins. Working with Dr. Adkins has provided the relief I was seeking. I also like very much that she is now in private practice in a convent friendly setting.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Heather Adkins, MD?
I have suffered with migraines for about 40 years and she took time to really listen to me. I was very impressed with her wealth of knowledge on the subject of migraines as well as her caring personality. She gave me renewed hope that I can get some relief from chronic daily headaches. Staff was extremely friendly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Heather Adkins, MD?
she has helped me tremendously.... After 8 years I would not see anyone else.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Heather Adkins, MD?
As a patient of Dr. Adkins for over three years, I have found Dr. Adkins to be unusually compassionate and very knowledgeable in the treatment of migraines and vertigo - possibly because she too suffers from migraines. Dr. Adkins has never rushed an appointment and always answers all of my questions. The staff at Duke, especially Delois Smith, are wonderful and have always gone the extra mile. Dr. Adkins' schedule is always full because she is the best.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Heather Adkins, MD?
I came to Dr. Adkins 9 years it was by random selection. I guess I was the next up. It was not a mistake! I asked Dr Adkins why she chose Migraine care and she told me it was because of her personal daily experience with them. This was the first time in my Migrainal life that i had a Dr. who could possibly understand all that I have to go though suffering 15-20 Migraines a month. She understands the label that is put on sufferers. TShe always listens and makes me feel like a valid patien
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Adkins?

• Sat: closed