Dr. Heath Penland, MD
Dr. Heath Penland, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in Huntsville, AL and has over 22 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center At Dallas in 2001. He is affiliated with Crestwood Medical Center. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.
North Alabama Psychiatric Associates953 Jeff Rd Nw Huntsville, AL 35806
- Explains Conditions WellPatients said this doctor explains conditions well. • See reviews
- Offers TelehealthThis provider offers telehealth appointments. Call the office to schedule an appointment.
- TrustworthyPatients said this doctor is trustworthy. • See reviews
Save money with free prescription discounts
Experience and Background Checks
Dr. Penland's Top Procedures and Conditions
Dr. Penland performs Psychological Evaluations Prior to Bariatric Surgery more than 80% of his peers
Dr. Penland performs this procedure more than 80% of his peers
Dr. Penland treats Anxiety more than 18% of his peers
Dr. Penland treats this condition more than 18% of his peers
Dr. Penland's conditions and procedures:
- ADHD and-or ADD
- Adjustment Disorder
- Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
- Binge Eating Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Counseling Services
- Drug and Alcohol Dependence
- Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
- Eating Disorders
- Major Depressive Disorder
- Medication Management
- Nondependent Alcohol Abuse
- Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Psychiatric Diseases
- Psychiatric Medication Therapy
- Psychological Evaluations Prior to Bariatric Surgery
- Psychopharmacologic Treatment
- Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
- Psychotherapy for Crisis
- Psychotherapy Services
- Schizoaffective Disorder
- Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder
- Stress Management
- Tobacco Use Disorder
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)
Search for your insurance provider
Dr. Penland accepts
Accepted insurance can change. Please double-check when making an appointment.
Dr. Penland accepts the following insurance:
- National (BlueCard) PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- HealthyBlue Advantage
- United Healthcare
Your trust is our top concern.
We strive to keep the reviews trustworthy, honest & fair.
We monitor all reviews to ensure they comply with our guidelines and don’t include personal information, profanity, libel, defamation, harassment, obscenity or fraud.
All reviews are confirmed and audited before publication, and community members have the ability to flag inappropriate content for further review by our team.
Doctors can not pay for good reviews, nor can they pay to have negative reviews removed.
Any reviews that are deemed fraudulent or violate our guidelines will be removed immediately.