Contact provider for availability

Psychiatry ·  Male · Age 74

Dr. Yang

Community Elements

801 N Walnut St Champaign, IL 61820

Dr. Hayng Sung Yang, MD is a psychiatry specialist in Champaign, IL and has been practicing for 42 years. He graduated from Chonnam National University, College Of Medicine in 1969 and specializes in psychiatry.

Dr. Yang accepts

Dr. Yang accepts the following insurance:

HAP Insurance
Health Alliance PPO
Sagamore Health Network
Sagamore Plus

No malpractice claims found for Illinois

Check Dr. Yang's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Yang's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
  • Conversion Disorder
  • Nondependent Opioid Abuse
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Phobia
  • Postpartum Depression
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases

Dr. Yang?
Dr. Yang's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Hayng Sung Yang, MD
RecentMost Helpful
I went in because I suspected all of my issue with school could be due to undiagnosed ADHD. I am an adult and Dr. Yang informed me that since I wasn't diagnosed as a child, there is no way I could have it as an adult. He also told me that ADHD doesn't cause mood swings (even though latest studies show that it does) and that I had to be bipolar. When the session was finally over he told me he was prescribing me mood stabilizers, I told him I wasn't interested in in drugs. He got upset with me and asked what I was even there for then. I said that I wanted to be tested for ADHD and if I had it, that I could get accommodations for school. He said since I was a B student, I shouldn't need accommodations and then insinuated that I wasn't smart enough to be an engineering student. The session ended with him telling me to just go to the front desk and they will sign whatever waver I needed for accommodations.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hayng Sung Yang, MD?
By far the worst experience I have had with a psychiatrist in my life, and I have seen several over the years in multiple states. I felt that I was subhuman and not important to him as a person. I walked out of the appointment after 5 minutes of him interrogating me about my symptoms. He tried to tell me I had bipolar disorder even though I specifically told him that another practitioner told me that I didn’t have it. I left in tears shaking with anger. Avoid this man at all costs.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hayng Sung Yang, MD?
This "doctor" told me I "do not have anxiety, you are just being a woman and women overreact to everything." ... Are you kidding me? I had seen this "Doctor" for three years, he NEVER knew who I was when I went in for my appointments. He would prescribe me medications that I have tried in the past, when I would tell him they gave me horrible side effects (such as hemorrhaging) he would get offended and tell me I was wrong and that he is "the professional". This is just SOME of the problems.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hayng Sung Yang, MD?
Arogant practitioner that can make an inacurrate diagnosis in under ten minutes.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hayng Sung Yang, MD?
This was perhaps the worst experience I've ever had with a medical provider. Dr. Yang diagnosed me before I even walked in the door. When I asked questions, or brought up other solutions he yelled at me and accused me of lying and shouted "Who is the psychiatrist here? ME? or YOU?". I explained some of my symptoms that didn't fit with his diagnosis, and he told me my symptoms were wrong, and that his diagnosis was correct. I would stay away from this provider at all costs.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hayng Sung Yang, MD?
Dr. Yang is far and away the worst doctor I've encountered. He shows no respect for patients or their concerns, ignores their testimonies in favor of diagnoses he seems to divine a priori, and refuses to explain his decisions or answer questions. His primary goal seems to be to get patients in an out as fast as possible, with more medication the only treatment he ever prescribes, and actively impedes patients pursuing any other form of treatment.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hayng Sung Yang, MD?
Does not listen to patients concerns or opinions, will talk over patient, will refuse treatment if patient dares to disagree with diagnosis given after only a few minutes of interaction and vague understanding of patients issue. Severe pride and arrogance issue. Would rate him -100 in all areas of care if I could.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hayng Sung Yang, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Yang?