Dr. Hayato Mori, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Hayato Mori, M.D., Inc. 321 N Kuakini St Ste 411 Honolulu, HI 96817 Get Directions
Dr. Hayato Mori, MD

Our practice specializes in the treatment of shoulder rotator cuff tears and injuries to the labrum. Expert repairs of the rotator cuff tears using all arthroscopic double-row suture bridge techniqu is emphasized for improved healing and early return to function. Biceps tendon issues are addressed with arthroscopic supra-pectoralis biceps tenodesis repair. Superior labral tears are addressed with minimally invasive labral anchor repairs for predictable healing. We hope that your experience and outcome with our services will meet your high standards. We are always striving to improve on the quality of care we provide.

...See Less

Dr. Mori's Care Philosophy

It is our hope that my staff and I can provide the same care to you as we would for our own families.

Dr. Mori's Experience

See how Dr. Mori's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Mori

Dr. Mori accepts 14 insurance carriers

Dr. Mori is now accepting new patients
Hayato Mori, M.D. Inc.321 N Kuakini St Ste 411
Honolulu, HI 96817
Saturday
(808) 531-0663Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Mori has admitting privileges.

Dr. Mori's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mori to family and friends
Dr. Mori Says:

My staff and I thank you for taking the time to complete the survey on Healthgrades.

Dr. Mori's Performance
in Waianae, HI |
Dr. Mori is very professional, courteous, knowledgeable, positive and patient. He encourages you to take your time during recovery and take what comes along and builds on that. His explanation of the injury and the surgical procedure was very detailed and insightful; so that a lay person could understand every step. I am very satisfied with his work and I would recommend Dr. Mori to everyone needing his field of speciality.
in Pearl City, HI |
My total experience with my surgery and follow up was very excellent and positive. Everything was explained clearly and thoroughly. The office staff was very friendly and helpful.
Kaneohe, HI |
Dr.Mori explains all procedures clearly and is very knowledgeable , polite and down-to-earth. I would recommend him to family and friends.
Honolulu, HI |
Dr. Mori is extremely knowledgeable and thorough and made my appointment (which I dreaded) very easy and comfortable. His staff is wonderful and you can tell that they have all been with him for a long time (sign of a good business and great boss). They are never too busy for anyone, they take the time with each and every patient. Dr. Mori's demeanor is gentle and caring, and his medical knowledge is amazing.
Ewa Beach, HI |
Dr. Mori explains exactly what was wrong with my fingers. He takes the time to explained to me what is trigger finger and how he will treat my finger. His staff is friendly and professional.
Honolulu, HI |
Dr. Mori is very professional and answers my questions and went over MRI with me so I would understand my knee problem. Staff is great too.
in Honolulu, HI |
He is a fabulous doctor. I would highly recommend him to others with Orthopedic needs.
in Kapolei, HI |
Dr. Mori was very thorough with explaining the procedure and what to expect post surgery. Knowing how professional and meticulous he is, I had complete trust in his skills and expertise. Following the surgery, he took the time to check up on me to ensure that my recovery was going well.
in Honolulu, HI |
Dr. Mori provided excellent care and answered all of my questions and concerns. Provided me all the time I needed for my visited. He looked at all my orthopedic problems my past experiences with orthopedic doctors they only look at one problem . He was concerned with the whole patient. Great attribute for a doctor.
in Honolulu, HI |
My experience with Dr. Mori was awesome. He is soft spoken but very informative as he explained the meniscus problem in my knee. I remember that day when I had my operation, seeing Dr. Mori prior to the surgery helped calm me down when he spoke to me and gave me a reassuring smile. He made me feel that I was in good hands and I that I would okay. Maybe, he knew that I was scared and worried. When I saw him after surgery, he was also, gentle and caring. Thank you Dr. Mori for helping me.
in Kapolei, HI |
Dr. Mori, Very professional and informative with both post op and pre op care. I would highly recommend Dr. Mori to anyone seeking a professional Orthopedic Surgeon. I enjoyed Dr. Mori sense of humor which puts you at ease. Mahalo for your professionalism and care.
in Honolulu, HI |
I went from a very arthritic inflicted hip to one that allowed me to carry on an active, high level energy life. Dr. Mori explained everything both prior to and after the surgery. He's very friendly and efficient.
in Honolulu, HI |
Took the time to demonstrate the exercises that I should do during the course of my recovery.
in Honolulu, HI |
Very compassionate. Although my complaints were actually not related to his specialty, he took the time to explain the disease process, and how to avoid recurring episodes.
in Aiea, HI |
While preparing me for my knee replacement surgery, he was very thorough with his pre operation policy which I thought was excellent. His follow thru after the surgery was terrific. He showed he really cared about his patient's health and how I progressed. Because of him I think I healed quicker than expected. I would recommend everyone to go to him .
in Honolulu, HI |
I've been to 2 "specialist" and they did nothing for me, I understand that these "specialist" pretty much heard it all, but what they don't seem to get is that it's the first time for me. Dr. Mori is different, He took the time to look, listen and explain. He did surgery on both my elbows and my left shoulder (all at different times). All came out great and he made me feel comfortable each time, I didn't feel scared at all! I would definitely recommend Dr. Mori always!
in Aiea, HI |
Dr, Mori is an awesome doctor and professional who I respect and trust. His sincere care and concern during my office visits put me at ease, especially when I was told I needed surgery on my knee. He did an amazing job with my surgery that I am now able to walk much better with less pain. His efficient staff is very friendly and caring. Dr. Mori is a remarkable doctor whose compassion and kindness is truly appreciated. Domo arigato gozaimasu.
in Honolulu, HI |
Going to see a dr. much less getting surgery is traumatic for me! Under Dr. Mori's care I was most confident that everything would go well. Thanks to Dr. Mori, his competent OR Staff and Office staff, I knew I was in good hands. Dr. Mori explained everything clearly and in detail, never rushing me. Recommended by Dr. Lance Kurata (Kuakini) I also recommend this great doctor for successful surgery results. Dr. Mori referred me to Physical therapy; I am also happy with their care.
in Kaneohe, HI |
I would recommend Dr. Mori to anyone with knee problems. He is very caring and compassionate and takes the time to explain whatever your problem may be.
in Haleiwa, HI |
Great personality and after surgery care. My shoulder surgery was as good as it gets if you have to get surgery.
in Honolulu, HI |
Dr. Mori has an ease about him that reflected a sense of cordiality, trust, and quiet confidence. He presented himself as a good listener who made every effort to insure that I understood his opinions/decisions. I appreciated how he "spoke at my level", while he still maintained his professional standing. My appointed times were always met (sometimes, earlier). . . . . his staff was courteous, and his office was neat and tidy.
in Honolulu, HI |
Over the years I have been treated for a meniscus tear, and trigger finger. Surgery and treatment were both successful and I am back to playing tennis, golf, mountain biking and hiking. My latest complaint was a back pain which I had for 2 months and getting increasingly worse. I should have seen him sooner because he diagnosed the problem in his office, put me on medication, and in 3 days i was up in the mountains carrying a 25 pound backpack for 9 hours.(against his recommendation of course)
in Mililani, Hawaii |
I left a review on Yelp. Dr. Mori is a wonderful surgeon. Soft spoken. Takes the time to show me the MRI result and explained very clearly what needed to be done. My rotator cuff tendon was repaired flawlessly. My shoulder is back to new and the small puka's needed for surgery I cannot see the scar.
in Honolulu, HI |
The Mori was very thorough in his examination and explained my condition and options available for me very clearly. He explained what surgery entailed and together we decided that surgery was something that we would put off for now. I trust Dr Mori and his judgement and would highly recommend him to anyone in need of an orthopedic surgeon.
in Honolulu, HI |
Dr. Mori repaired my biceps tendon arthroscopically. Now I am pain free and back enjoying paddling and surfing. Awesome doc!!
in Las Vegas, Nevada |
Wonderful Doctor. Did excellent repair on my rotator cuff tendon. Incisions are so minuscule that you can't see it when healed.
in Honolulu, HI |
Dr. Mori did an excellent orthoscopic surgery on my shoulder, he is very easy to talk to, answered all my questions before and after my surgery. His staff was also pleasant and the wait time to see him was never more than 10 minutes. I would highly recommend Dr. Mori to my family and friends.
in Honolulu, HI |
Dr. Mori is very thorough with his assessments and explains his findings so that I can understand them. I appreciate his professionalism and dedication. He always makes me very comfortable. I recommend him to my friends and my family.
Honolulu, HI |
Dr Mori provided options at each stage of the evaluation, action to take and recovery. Dr Mori kept me involved with my care.
in Honolulu, HI |
Dr.Mori and his office staff is awesome! He did my hip replacement in July 2013. Till this day I have no pain anymore! Thank you Dr. Mori!
in Kaneohe, HI |
Had a partial meniscus surgery done in July 2016 by Dr. Mori. Dr. Mori is as down to earth as any doctor you could hope for. Pleasant, thoughtful, compassionate and professional. The procedure was done successfully and now finishing up on my final week of therapy, His staff is also a reflection of Dr. Mori's total commitment to his patients.. Mahalo!
in Aiea, HI |
I found Dr Mori to be an excellent provider and surgeon. He answered all my questions and explained more information on the procedures of both surgeries. His staff is very professional. I've had my right knee and right shoulder operated on with excellent results and quick recovery time. I'll be going back to Dr Mori to have my left knee operated on.
in Pearl City, HI |
Dr. Mori was very thorough in my diagnosis and we talked about options. Then did the surgery and followed up until I felt normal. It was a great experience from beginning to end.
in Honolulu, HI |
I'm pleased with the outcome of the first knee replacement, I still going to get the other knee replaced too.
in Ewa Beach, HI |
I went to see Dr Mori for my rt knee pain and for the 2nd time I was given a treatment, after 3 days the pain is totally gone. Thank you so much Dr Mori.
in Pearl City, HI |
Dr. Mori was very professional, explained what was causing my problem and how he could treat it. He instilled a lot of confidence in how he was able to handle the problem.
in Honolulu, HI |
After completing my torn meniscus surgery, with Dr. Mori's consultation, I opted to do surgery on my arthritic toe to remove the cyst sac and shave the bone spur. Dr. Mori started out the morning with his wry sense of humor to lighten the mood and successfully completed the procedure in less than 30 minutes......much shorter than the waiting time for the pre- and post-op, which was over 4 hours! Again, I did not suffer from any pain, definitely due to Dr. Mori's surgical skill.....good job!
in Honolulu, HI |
I found Dr Mori to be an excellent provider and surgeon. He answers questions and shares information, which to me is essential in managing my health. He is very personable and approachable. My healing has been awesome, I am doing really well after months of pain and extreme discomfort prior to my surgery. He ensures enough follow-up with patients. I would absolutely recommend Dr Mori to all.
in Honolulu, HI |
I went to see Doctor Mori because he was highly recommended by some members of my golf club. Dr Mori was very professional and his staff was highly trained. He was one of the most caring Doctor I have been too. I highly recommend him.
in Honolulu, HI |
My two surgeries were very successful and the process was much easier than I anticipated. Dr. Mori is extremely professional, very patient, communicative and responsive to patient issues. His office is also well run and staff friendly and professional.
in Honolulu, HI |
I know a nurse who works at Kuakini and she says Dr. Mori is highly regarded at Kuakini. She sees Dr. Mori for her shoulder problems, too. Nurses know best! I'm glad I am under Dr. Mori's care.
in Ewa Beach, HI |
Very professional and explains treatment very well.
in Honolulu, HI |
Dr Mori, I believe, thinks first and foremost of the wellness of his patients. I have been to other doctors regarding my musculoskeletal problems but Dr Mori's analytical diagnostic ability is one of the best in the business. I highly recommend him.
in Honolulu, HI |
I am very satisfied with the care I have with Dr. Mori. He is very gentle and caring.
in Honolulu, HI |
I had arthroscopic surgery on my knee to clean out debris from spurs. During the surgery he was able to find out that I also had a torn meniscus and took care of it. He and his staff are always very professional. I have osteoarthritis, so I continue to seek treatment and have had quality service each time. Wait time is extremely short to none. He does not overlap his patients.
in Honolulu, HI |
Dr. Mori is no doubt the best! He is knowledgable, caring and he treats everyone as his own family. I am a coach and have a lot of athletes, Dr. Mori takes care of them and gives advice whenever needed. He educates them and their parents about injury prevention. He's seen as a role model by these athletes, often share his experience and insights of the medical fields as academic choice. He's always above and beyond! Also has a fantastic staff team in his office, warm, welcoming. A true Ohana!
in Honolulu, HI |
Dr. Mori was great monitoring my broken finger's healing. I would recommend him.
Honolulu, HI |
When my daughter had torn her ACL we visited with several doctors and found Dr. Mori to be the most insightful, well informed and understanding physician. Through his care she has healed wonderfully and is able to engage fully and excel in collegiate and recreational sports. His staff is friendly and accomodating. We are ever thankful for Dr. Mori's expertise and kindness. We've highly recommended him to our family and friends.
in Honolulu, HI |
Dr. Mori helped with my shoulder injury. He was courteous, patient and very, very caring. He was thorough with his questions, exam and explanations. I was impressed with his ability to be both professional while being so very kind. I trust Dr. Mori and am thankful for his help and expertise.
in Honolulu, HI |
Dr. Mori did my arthroscopic knee surgery to remedy a torn meniscus. The procedure went well and the pain in my knee is gone. Before and after the surgery he answered whatever questions I had satisfactorily and provided the information I will need to get my knee back to normal.
Have you seen Dr. Hayato Mori, MD?
Are you Dr. Mori?

Compare Dr. Mori

Dr. Mori says...

Our practice specializes in the treatment of shoulder rotator cuff tears and injuries to the labrum. Expert repairs of the rotator cuff tears using all arthroscopic double-row suture bridge techniqu is emphasized for improved healing and early return to function. Biceps tendon issues are addressed with arthroscopic supra-pectoralis biceps tenodesis repair. Superior labral tears are addressed with minimally invasive labral anchor repairs for predictable healing. We hope that your experience and outcome with our services will meet your high standards. We are always striving to improve on the quality of care we provide.

Dr. Mori's Care Philosophy

Dr. Mori says...

Shoulder rotator cuff tear.

Tears of the shoulder labrum.

Shoulder SLAP tears.

Shoulder biceps tendon pathology.

Dr. Mori says...

Arthroscopic procedures of the shoulder region.

Dr. Mori says...

Dr. Mori's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Hawaii not available

Dr. Mori has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Hawaii.

Why It Matters: Dr. Mori's Board Certifications

Completed in 1998

Claremont McKenna College

Graduated in 1989

• Japanese

Dr. Mori does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mori and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Arm Surgery