Dr. Hayato Mori, MD

Dr. Hayato Mori, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Hayato Mori, M.D., Inc. 321 N Kuakini St Ste 411, Honolulu, HI 96817 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Mori's Experience

98Experience
Match

See how Dr. Mori's experience matches your preferences.

Why It Matters: Board Certifications

• Orthopedic Surgerynull

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Hawaii.

• Other Education

Visiting Dr. Mori

Dr. Mori accepts 14 insurance carriers

14 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Mori has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Mori

Dr. Mori's Review Details
      4.8 based on 57 responses
      Experience with Dr. Mori
      Dr. Mori's Office & Staff
        Under 10 minutes (52)
      Dr. Mori says

My staff and I thank you for taking the time to complete the survey on Healthgrades.

in Honolulu, HI |
      I'm pleased with the outcome of the first knee replacement, I still going to get the other knee replaced too.
      in Pearl City, HI |
      Dr. Mori was very professional, explained what was causing my problem and how he could treat it. He instilled a lot of confidence in how he was able to handle the problem.
      in Honolulu, HI |
      After completing my torn meniscus surgery, with Dr. Mori's consultation, I opted to do surgery on my arthritic toe to remove the cyst sac and shave the bone spur. Dr. Mori started out the morning with his wry sense of humor to lighten the mood and successfully completed the procedure in less than 30 minutes......much shorter than the waiting time for the pre- and post-op, which was over 4 hours! Again, I did not suffer from any pain, definitely due to Dr. Mori's surgical skill.....good job!
      in Honolulu, HI |
      I found Dr Mori to be an excellent provider and surgeon. He answers questions and shares information, which to me is essential in managing my health. He is very personable and approachable. My healing has been awesome, I am doing really well after months of pain and extreme discomfort prior to my surgery. He ensures enough follow-up with patients. I would absolutely recommend Dr Mori to all.
      in Honolulu, HI |
      I went to see Doctor Mori because he was highly recommended by some members of my golf club. Dr Mori was very professional and his staff was highly trained. He was one of the most caring Doctor I have been too. I highly recommend him.
      in Honolulu, HI |
      My two surgeries were very successful and the process was much easier than I anticipated. Dr. Mori is extremely professional, very patient, communicative and responsive to patient issues. His office is also well run and staff friendly and professional.
      in Honolulu, HI |
      I know a nurse who works at Kuakini and she says Dr. Mori is highly regarded at Kuakini. She sees Dr. Mori for her shoulder problems, too. Nurses know best! I'm glad I am under Dr. Mori's care.
      in Ewa Beach, HI |
      Very professional and explains treatment very well.
      in Honolulu, HI |
      Dr Mori, I believe, thinks first and foremost of the wellness of his patients. I have been to other doctors regarding my musculoskeletal problems but Dr Mori's analytical diagnostic ability is one of the best in the business. I highly recommend him.
      in Honolulu, HI |
      I am very satisfied with the care I have with Dr. Mori. He is very gentle and caring.
      in Honolulu, HI |
      I had arthroscopic surgery on my knee to clean out debris from spurs. During the surgery he was able to find out that I also had a torn meniscus and took care of it. He and his staff are always very professional. I have osteoarthritis, so I continue to seek treatment and have had quality service each time. Wait time is extremely short to none. He does not overlap his patients.
      in Honolulu, HI |
      Dr. Mori is no doubt the best! He is knowledgable, caring and he treats everyone as his own family. I am a coach and have a lot of athletes, Dr. Mori takes care of them and gives advice whenever needed. He educates them and their parents about injury prevention. He's seen as a role model by these athletes, often share his experience and insights of the medical fields as academic choice. He's always above and beyond! Also has a fantastic staff team in his office, warm, welcoming. A true Ohana!
      in Honolulu, HI |
      Dr. Mori was great monitoring my broken finger's healing. I would recommend him.
      Honolulu, HI |
      When my daughter had torn her ACL we visited with several doctors and found Dr. Mori to be the most insightful, well informed and understanding physician. Through his care she has healed wonderfully and is able to engage fully and excel in collegiate and recreational sports. His staff is friendly and accomodating. We are ever thankful for Dr. Mori's expertise and kindness. We've highly recommended him to our family and friends.
      in Honolulu, HI |
      Dr. Mori helped with my shoulder injury. He was courteous, patient and very, very caring. He was thorough with his questions, exam and explanations. I was impressed with his ability to be both professional while being so very kind. I trust Dr. Mori and am thankful for his help and expertise.
      in Honolulu, HI |
      Dr. Mori did my arthroscopic knee surgery to remedy a torn meniscus. The procedure went well and the pain in my knee is gone. Before and after the surgery he answered whatever questions I had satisfactorily and provided the information I will need to get my knee back to normal.
      in Kailua, HI |
      First class office. Leather furniture, high tech imaging screens in each room.... All computerized. I was late 30 minutes but the office staff accomodated me with a smile and "no worry."
      in Kahului,HI |
      Wonderful Doctor! Would recommend to all my friends and family.
      in Kailua, Hawaii |
      Excellent care. Thank you Dr. Mori and staff.
      in Honolulu, HI |
      My visit with Dr. Mori was very pleasant and productive. He and his staff were very friendly and professional. Dr. Mori listened to me and explained my condition to me to my understanding. I would recommend him to my friends and family.
      in Honolulu, HI |
      A very smooth experience from calling to make an appointment with the office staff, reception, consultation, and treatment. No unnecessary follow up appointments was a pleasant surprise.
      in Honolulu, HI |
      Dr. Mori is one of the best doctors I've encountered in Honolulu,and my life. He is very thorough and if he can't help you he finds a doctor who can. His bed side manner is excellent. He takes his time to explain everything and answers all you questions. He never makes you feel like he's in a hurry to get you out of the office like many surgeons I've encountered. I would definitely recommend him to all family and friends. Mahalo Dr. Mori. You're one of a kind!!!
      in Hon |
      Dr. Mori is very skilled surgeon His staff was pleasant and helpful throughout The whole process.
      in Honolulu |
      I had a very nice experience. He was able explain my shoulder problem in Japanese. Arigato~
      in Honolulu, HI |
      He made me feel at ease. Explained everything in detail about my meniscus tear. Even took the time to show me the MRI images. Everything was wonderful...staff....office appearance (all high end furniture, leather seating). Even had iPAD mini to watch Netflix during the visit. Jordan
      in Honolulu, HI |
      Doctor Hayato Mori is a very patient friendly Doctor. He and his staff puts their patients at ease from your very first meeting. Throughout, they are there for you, the patient. His answers and explanation of things are very understanding. At the end of each appointment you just want to give him a hug. Another thing, I really appreciated the follow up visits in the hospital and phone calls to check up on you after the procedure.
      in Honolulu, HI |
      Dr. Mori was very thorough. He attentively listened, explained and treated my problem professionally. I never felt rushed and he made me feel very comfortable and I felt well taken care of. The staff was very friendly, knowledgeable and accommodated my schedule for appointments.
      in Honolulu, Hawaii |
      He fixed my shoulder after I tore my tendon at work last year. I am back to work full time and my shoulder is back to normal. Thanks Dr. Mori!
      in Honolulu, HI |
      Dr. Mori is easy to talk to and listens to your concerns. Arthroscopic surgery on my shoulder produced great results.
      in Honolulu, HI |
      Very caring and easy to talk to. Staff is very welcoming and caring.
      Excellent...
      in Honolulu, HI |
      Very personable. Takes time to listen to your symptoms and concerns.
      in Pearl City, HI |
      Dr Hayato Mori is easy to talk to and explains well so you understand before going through a procedure.
      Have you seen Dr. Mori?

• Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Closed
      • Glenoid Labrum Repair
      • Rotator Cuff Surgery
      • Shoulder Reconstruction

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Hawaii.

University of Hawaii John A. Burns School of Medicine

Graduated in 1993

University of Florida-Jacksonville

Completed in 1994

University of Florida Health Science Center

Completed in 1998

Claremont McKenna College

Graduated in 1989

Dr. Mori has no media or publications listed.

• Japanese
      ×

Dr. Mori's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
      • Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
      • Malpractice claims in Hawaii not available
      ×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Mori

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Mori's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
      Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
      Staff friendliness and courteousness
      Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)

Experience with Dr. Mori

Level of trust in provider's decisions
      How well provider explains medical condition(s)
      How well provider listens and answers questions
      Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Mori says...

Our practice specializes in the treatment of shoulder rotator cuff tears and injuries to the labrum. Expert repairs of the rotator cuff tears using all arthroscopic double-row suture bridge techniqu is emphasized for improved healing and early return to function. Biceps tendon issues are addressed with arthroscopic supra-pectoralis biceps tenodesis repair. Superior labral tears are addressed with minimally invasive labral anchor repairs for predictable healing. We hope that your experience and outcome with our services will meet your high standards. We are always striving to improve on the quality of care we provide.

Dr. Mori's Care Philosophy

It is our hope that my staff and I can provide the same care to you as we would for our own families.

Dr. Mori says...

Shoulder rotator cuff tear.

Tears of the shoulder labrum.

Shoulder SLAP tears.

Shoulder biceps tendon pathology.

Dr. Mori says...

Arthroscopic procedures of the shoulder region.