Dr. Hassan Shukri, MD

Dr. Hassan Shukri, MD

Neurology  |
Dr. Hassan Shukri, MD is a neurology doctor who practices in East Syracuse, NY. He is 58 years old and has been practicing for 36 years. Dr. Shukri is affiliated with Saint Joseph's Hospital Health Center.

5000 Brittonfield Pkwy # 166

East Syracuse, NY 13057

• Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
  • Excellus BlueCross BlueShield
  • Fidelis Care
  • MVP Health Care
  • National Elevator

Learn about Dr. Shukri

See how frequently Dr. Shukri performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Trigeminal Neuralgia
All Headaches (incl. Migraine)
Migraine

Dr. Shukri's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Neurology

Dr. Shukri does not have any board certifications listed.

• Alzheimer's Disease
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Lyme Disease
  • Meningiomas
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors
  • Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
  • Syncope
  • Thrombosis
  • Torticollis
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Tremor
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Vertigo

• EEG (Electroencephalogram)
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Universidad Central Del Este (Uce), Facultad De Medicina
    Medical School | Graduated 1981

Dr. Shukri has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Shukri has no media or publications listed.

• Arabic

Dr. Shukri does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shukri and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Shukri's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Shukri to family and friends
3.7
Dr. Shukri's Performance
in Syracuse, NY |
My husband Bob has been a patient of Doctor Shukri for some time now for MS and Parkinson’s, Doctor Shukri is an Angel, so kind and compassionate with my husband and I, he takes his time with us during our appointments and makes things look positive... I highly recommend Doctor Shukri... Bob and Dolly Knittel
in Syracuse, NY |
He is simply amazing. He sat with me and listened to all of my conversations. Even broke everything down for me, medication options, side effects, samples and most important, human compassion and the drive to help someone in pain. So happy to start this journey to rid my body of pain. Thank you
in Syracuse, NY |
Worst and rudest Doctor I have ever met .He said he would figure out nerve pain and to trust him but just dismissed my wife after 3 visits and said it was all in her head because he couldn't find the problem He just gave her drugs and saidhe didn't know what is wrong .Don't see this so called Doctor.
Syracuse, NY |
Dr. Shukri has been my Neurologist for over 20 years. Throughout all the years I have received excellent medical care by him and his staff. He is compassionate, thorough, understanding and takes the time necessary to listen to you and the medical issues you are experiencing. I have a complicated neurological disorder that continues to present many challenges for me. Dr. Shukri has always made sure I received the best medical care possible. I highly recommend him.
in Syracuse, NY |
He did not get to know me before deciding that my pain was PTSD and he suggested I was abused as a child. I was not, I do not have a history of this. I have seen 3 other doctors who diagnosed me with Occipital Neuralgia but Shukri said no it is PTSD. I will be looking for a new Neurologist.
in Syracuse, NY |
Dr. Shukri has been a god sent to me. He was Ref to me by my othopedic dr because I had been having ongoing muscle and joint pain and slow progressing motor function skill loss. He has always taken alot of time explaining things to me, his nurses are great. And I completely trust in his judgement.
As a recent patient of Dr. Shukri, I DON'T recommend them. I was given information from their NPA as a possible diagnosis and was told that Dr. Shukri would meet with me to discuss option. After waiting 35 minutes she returned saying he wasn't meeting with me now and would see me in a few months. No explanation to what their thought are or my options.NOW I have to start all over and find another Dr. One that takes the time to talking and care for their patients
in Liverpool, NY |
Dr Shukri does not see his patients after the initial visit.... I have not seen him in years. His PA Rose is competent and compassionate however some of the nurses and office staff are beyond horrible, incompetent, rude, incompassionate, and are going to cause the office a major law suit one of these days. The office has grown to big for what they can handle. I highly recommend anyone looking for this specialty look elsewhere !!!!
in East Syracuse, NY |
I like both Dr. Shukri and Rose Soto, R.N. a great deal and are very thorough and patient. My issue is with the follow up of their office staff. Once you leave the office you fall into a black hole! It took weeks of follow up on my part to get a simple MRI scheduled and Renee who returned the calls (sometimes) was rude to me and my daughter who took a message from her. Apparently good help is hard to find.
Highland, NY |
Dr. Shukri only cares about money. I am a severely disabled individual & have been thru multiple spinal, orthopedic, vascular, gastro, Uro/gyn, neurosurgurgical , anesthesia for spinal epidurals at L/T/C, Physical Medicine &Rehab- My 13physicians work with me- payments copays. Dr. Shukri's office has cancelled my appt at least 2/3 times because I didn't have $40.00copay. I wanted to keep appt. I got letter discharging me from practice. Only income SSD Dr. SHUKRI needs a wake up call!!
in Syracuse, NY |
In '09 I was misdiagnosed with ms. After moving to NY my PcP recommended Dr Shukuri. He is an angel. He recommended a surgeon and pain management, and counseled me on lifestyle changes to improve my quality of life. Thank you and God bless.
in Cazenovia, NY |
Dr Shukri isn't just a great doctor. He is also one heck of a councelor. Not only did he find the right combination of drugs to treat my wifes seizures and keep them managed so that she can live her life,but he is also familiar with the emotional issues she gets because of her Traumatic Brain Injury, and knows how to talk to her and give great advice on how to handle the challenges. I cant say enough about Dr. Shukri, he is a Godsend.
in Camillus, NY |
I have been a patient for approximately 5 years. On several occasions I have called with a problem or a medication change. I would not ever receive phone calls back to rectify my situation. I recently was diagnosed with complex migraines that impaired my vision and the PA never called me back. I ended up seeing an eye doctor. When I brought this up at the office on my next visit two months later, they stated they didn't have an answer for me so that is why I never got a call back.
Have you seen Dr. Hassan Shukri, MD?
Are you Dr. Shukri?

Visit Dr. Shukri

Dr. Shukri accepts 11 insurance carriers
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
    Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP) HMO