Neurology  |
Dr. Hassan Kesserwani, MD
Dr. Hassan Kesserwani, MD is a neurology doctor who practices in Dothan, AL. He is 52 years old and has been practicing for 27 years. Dr. Kesserwani is affiliated with Dale Medical Center.

348 Healthwest Dr

Dothan, AL 36303

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California

Learn about Dr. Kesserwani

Dr. Kesserwani's Experience

Dr. Kesserwani's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Neurology

• Brachial Plexus Palsy
  • Brain Aneurysm
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Chorea (Excluding Huntington's Chorea)
  • Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuritis
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Leukodystrophy
  • Meningiomas
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Myoclonus
  • Narcolepsy and Cataplexy
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus
  • Nystagmus
  • Optic Neuritis
  • Parkinson's Disease
  • Parkinsonism
  • Polymyositis
  • Polyneuropathy
  • Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP)
  • Restless Leg Syndrome
  • Thrombosis
  • Tic Disorders
  • Torticollis
  • Tourette's Syndrome
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury

• EEG (Electroencephalogram)
  • EMG (Electromyography)
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Alabama.

• Royal College Of Surgeons In Ireland, National University Of Ireland, School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1990
  • So Il University School Of Med

Dr. Kesserwani has no media or publications listed.

• Arabic

Dr. Kesserwani does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kesserwani and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Kesserwani's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kesserwani to family and friends
2.8
Dr. Kesserwani's Performance
Enterprise, AL |
I was referred to Dr. Kesserwani due to migraines. He was always in a rush every time I went in to see him. I went in for a nerve block and that afternoon I started to have a headache that led into a migraine. I learned later that after the shots you are supposed to wait a while to allow the medication to take affect. When I called for medication he called in something that he specifically told me would not work because of another medication I was on. After all of this, I do not trust him.
Enterprise, AL |
To those who gave Dr Kesserwani less than excellent review are not making their reviews on the most important issues. He is a brilliant, well educated with superior training. No one is a better at diagnosis & proper treatment. I was treated at the Mayo Clinic over a period of two years. The Drs who saw that I was a patient of Dr Kesserwani spoke of him with the highest regards, mentioning his outstanding brillance and capabilities as a neurologist and a fine human being.
Gettysburg, PA |
Diagnosis of Myasthenia gravis is way over the national average. He misdiagnosed my father with Myasthenia gravis. After 3 years of steroids which has totally changed his lifestyle now he has been correctly diagnosed. Dr. Kesserwani wanted my dad to only use the Ozark Hospital lab. After research I found out the lab Dr.Kesserwani was using was for a "study" not the real diagnosis. Don't use this doctor or Flowers hospital!
Cottondale, FL |
They never return calls Will look for a more competent neurologist/staff
Enterprise, AL |
This man is a genius! Helped me tackle my extreme migraines and dizziness. Recommend him to anybody!
Dothan, AL |
Saved my wife's life. That is all I need to say.
Chicago, Illinois |
Amazing Doctor, Hard Working, And Was able to help me quickly with my migraines.
Ozark, AL |
very friendly and helps me a lot. have to get nerve blocks and he always tells me to come any time I need to. don't know what I would do without him.
Decatur, GA |
Absolutely the best neurologist ever. Friendly and knowledgeable!!
in Dothan, AL |
Impossible to reach this physician. Tough crap if you need a new prescription. SUFFER!!!!!!!
Enterprise, AL |
He does not return calls with tests results & The office staff does not answer the phone. Phone line rolls over to a FULL voicemail box & your unable to leave a voicemail. I am not the only one with this problem as I've spoke to several other patients who have had to find another doctor because of these issues.
in Eufaula, AL |
Dr. Kesserwani has been my husband's doctor since August, 2006 when he was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease. We could not ask for a better doctor who was on point with all the medicines, etc. that my husband has been prescribed. He has always been there for us and helped us in any way he possibly could. He is a wonderful doctor whom we respect greatly.
in Troy, al |
Dr Kesserwani was great at the time of my appointment. However, I had my nerve study on May 26 and as of the end of July have still not received my results. No one ever answers the phone and the voice mail is always full so leaving a message is impossible. My family doctor's staff have also tried several times to get the results and have been unable to receive them. Meanwhile, I wait in pain unable to move to the next step in treatment without the test results.
Dothan, AL |
He is great. The office staff at answering the phone - the exact opposite of great. I don't know if is their phones or the people really. But last time I called I got a the voice mail box is full message. That is REALLY BAD JUJU. If I can't get through, I don't think my pharmacy is either. This would explain not getting my injections. You physically have to walk in to check on the status of reports or medications. Since I live an hour away, and have blinding migraines it sucks.
Very abrupt, somewhat rude doctor who speaks very rapidly, doesn't explain much, and doesn't want to listen to important information. He is in a perpetual rush and if you get five minutes with him, you're lucky. Makes diagnosis before reviewing previous medical records or getting tests/test results. Staff is very rude. Waited for over three months for referral to another specialist and still no referral. Office mailbox is full & cannot reach staff for help. Completely absurd and inexcusable.
in Dothan,Al |
Rude nasty staff, Doctor very short no clear understanding of what my problem was, sent for testing MRI and blood test, 2 months ago and still waiting for results, was told to call the hospital myself for the results.
in Dothan, AL |
I was sent here on referral due to numbness and weakness. The physician walked in and would not even entertain the idea that I had family members with a different neurological disorder than the one he had already decided I had prior to even walking into the room with me! I told him of the familial history, and then when preliminary testing was negative, he dug his heels in and said that his diagnosis was correct. He did not change my medications to reflect this diagnosis however!
in Montgomery, AL |
I've been seeing Dr. Kesserwani for the past 5 years at least for migraine headaches. For the most part I've been pretty UNTIL November 2015. I began having headaches 24/7 with absolutely no relief. After seeing every one of my doctors, I made an appointment to see Dr. Kesserwani, who spent 5 minutes with me! He discontinued my Topomax and ordered an MRI (which I had to call for the results). I also had to call & ask about Botox...which I am still waiting on...2 months later! Very disappointed!!
in Ozark, AL |
Worst experience ever! Have been suffering severe sudden onset headaches and was referred here from my school infirmary. I felt attacked from the moment the Dr. walked into the room. He did not ask for much information from me (like where the pain was). He was extremely rude then he told me he would give me migraine medicine and if the headaches continued he would request testing. Told me to get my eyes checked (I did in July) then just STARED at me. Repeated then STARED some more. FREAKY
in Dothan, AL |
Dr. Kesserwani has been treating me for over a year for my Parkinson's and Dystonia. Due to his efforts, I'm doing significantly better now. He has worked closely with me on medications, daily activities, and physical therapy. He is outstanding!
Have you seen Dr. Hassan Kesserwani, MD?
Are you Dr. Kesserwani?