Dr. Hassan Farooq, MD

Dr. Hassan Farooq, MD

Internal Medicine  |
Dr. Hassan Farooq, MD is an internal medicine doctor who practices in Greenville, TX. He is 48 years old. Dr. Farooq is affiliated with Medical City McKinney and Hunt Regional Medical Center.

4812 Roberts St

Greenville, TX 75401

• Ambetter
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas

Learn about Dr. Farooq

Dr. Farooq's Experience

Dr. Farooq's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Internal Medicine
  • Board certified in Cardiology and Internal Medicine

This content was provided by Dr. Farooq "I must listen carefully , a patient is a teacher. I must explain what is required and what is expected. Being a physician is not my right, its a privilage. I am humbled that you are trusting me with your care."

• Cardiology
    Accredited by: American Board of Medical Specialties*
    Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Abdominal Disorders
  • Abdominal Pain
  • Acute Bronchitis
  • Acute Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Acute Lower Respiratory Infection
  • Autonomic Disorders
  • Bedsores
  • Bladder Diseases
  • Blood Disorders
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Boil
  • Bronchitis
  • Bruise of Face, Scalp, or Neck
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Calcium Metabolism Disorders
  • Cellulitis
  • Chest Pain
  • Chronic Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Chronic Sinusitis
  • Chronic Venous Embolism Thrombosis
  • Confusion
  • Constipation
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Cough
  • Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Dermatitis
  • Diabetes Mellitus, Secondary
  • Diabetes Type 1
  • Diabetes Type 2
  • Diabetic Polyneuropathy
  • Diarrhea
  • Dizziness
  • Dysphagia
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Ear Ache
  • Ear Disorders
  • Earwax Buildup
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Emphysema
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Erectile Dysfunction
  • Esophageal Diseases
  • Fever
  • Folliculitis
  • Fungal Nail Infection
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gout
  • Heart Disease
  • Heart Palpitations
  • Hemorrhoids
  • Hepatitis A
  • Herpes Zoster Without Complication
  • High Cholesterol
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Hypercalcemia
  • Hyperkalemia
  • Hypertensive Chronic Kidney Disease
  • Hypokalemia
  • Hypotension
  • Hypotension (Excluding Maternal)
  • Hypothyroidism
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Malnutrition
  • Mastodynia
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Mineral Metabolism Disorders
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Muscle Spasm
  • Muscle Weakness
  • Nausea
  • Nighttime Urination (Nocturia)
  • Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease
  • Otitis Media
  • Overweight
  • Peptic Ulcer
  • Perimenopause
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Pharyngitis
  • Rash
  • Restless Leg Syndrome
  • Ringworm
  • Rosacea
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Shingles
  • Thrombosis
  • Thyroid Disease
  • Tinnitus
  • Tobacco Use Disorder
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Tremor
  • Ulcer
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Stones
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Venous Embolism and Thrombosis
  • Vertigo
  • Viral Infection
  • Vitamin D Deficiency
  • Weight Gain
  • Weight Loss
  • Wheezing

• Anemia and Iron Deficiency Screening
  • Arterial Blood Gas Test (ABG)
  • Arterial Doppler Ultrasound

• Texas Tech Health Science Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed
  • Baylor Heart and Vascular Institute
    Other Education | Completed 2006

Dr. Farooq has no media or publications listed.

• Hindi
  • Urdu

Dr. Farooq does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Farooq and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Farooq's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Farooq to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Farooq's Performance
Mckinney, TX |
Dr. Farooq has an incredible ability to listen. I had been under the care of Dr. Farooq for almost 3 years for routine medical care. During the last visit I decided to "mention" a problem that I've had for over 20 years. No doctor had ever helped. I resigned myself to this being a condition that I had learned to live with. After explaining the problem, the symptoms, the pain, and all the treatments I tried; he gave me a recommendation. Unbelievable....I'M CURED!
in McKinney |
Dr. Farooq has been my doctor for years. I have known him for about 15 years. He is kind and compassionate. He listens to concerns and very approachable.
MCKINNEY |
Not your typical doctor: much more personable than any doctor I have been to. He listens to your comments/concerns and provides in-depth answers that are easy to understand. He spent at least 30 minutes going over a health improvement strategy with me, even drawing out diagrams and notes on a piece of paper that I could take home. You can tell he has a passion for improving people's lives. Highly recommend.
Allen |
I was pretty skeptical about my new primary care physician that Molina Healthcare chose for my husband and I, but after I made appointment with Dr.Farooq and met him I was very pleases with him treating me as his patients. Dr.Farooq is very down to earth and intelligent individual He thoroughly listens to his patients,examine them, requests lab work and pretty much he does whatever he can to to help his patients. He does not ignore his patients needs at all. I highly recommend Dr.Farooq.
in Greenville, Tx |
Dr. Farooq is by far the most knowledgeable, well rounded physician I have had the pleasure of being a patient of in all of Hunt County. He is trained across several disciplines and offers a complete picture and care for any and all of a patient's health concerns. Dr Farooq takes the time to talk with you and assess you as an individual.
in Lone Oak Tx |
Dr FAROOQ has been my dr for many years now. I was very nervous trying a new dr back then. He put me at ease right away. I had several health concerns and he was so genuinely caring, patient and kind. Ive had some intestinal issues in the past year and he has referred me to a gastrologist at UT Southwestern. I am very happy with the dr I am seeing for this. My husband and my son are now seeing Dr FAROOQ, and they have been very pleased with the care he is giving them too.
in Ore City, TX |
In order to express my feelings about Dr Farooq expertise and worth as a physician; let tell you I'm 62 years old and incredibly picky. Dr Farooq is the best Dr it has ever been my good fortune to be treated by. He actually knows who you are. He remembers you, and your individuality. Seriously. Don't see much of this anymore. He's an amazing diagnostician. He thinks of details no one else would. Thorough is a good word here. He demands and inspires excellence in his staff.
in Mckinney, TX |
Great Doc, vey perceptive, easy to talk with and in my case fixed my problem. Needs a bit faster office exit procedure. Once again you will have no problem here.
in McKinney, TX |
Being a new patient, I was thrilled with the time he spent with me to get to know me and my medical condition. It was very easy to schedule an appointment and I felt he was truly listening to my concerns, not just trying to move me along to get to the next patient. I am looking forward to a long and trusting relationship with Dr Farooq.
Greenville, TX |
Dr. Farooq takes the time to listen to his patients and truly cares about getting to know them. His background in cardiology is a major advantage for helping with my blood pressure issues. Plus, his office has the equipment for doing lots of testing on site.
in Allen tx |
You are a good person but you need to change your's staff. Thanks
in Plano, TX |
Excellent service. He was very knowledge patient and caring. I would highly recommend him. I had good experience with him.
Frisco, TX |
Highly recommend! Dr. Farooq takes the time to not only understand you medically but also to understand you personally which I love. You walk out of your appointment feeling as though you have known him for years! He not only spent the time to get to know me but he also spent the time to teach me the reasoning behind his methods, which I really appreciate. He is in such high demand that there is a longer wait time in the waiting area, but once you get to the back, he comes in right away. Definit
in Commerce, TX |
A very decent honest caring and hard-working doctor--Very good in diagnosing a problem and responding to it with appropriate medication. He has been my doctor for more than 12 years.
in Dallas |
Dr. Farooq is AMAZING!! He listened intently to ALL my concerns and made me feel like I was important and worthy of his attention. I have never spent 45 minutes in true conversation with my primary care physician. He is truly empathic and is worthy of 10 stars!!!!!
in Allen, TX |
This is my first visit with Dr farooq. He greeted me with great concern about my health need and he is very knowledgeable.
in Cooper, TX |
We have been patients for approx. 15 years. He is professional, prompt, and very knowledgeable. Dr. Farooq and his medical team are exceptional!
in Emory, TX |
I've traveled for work in the last few years, and have sought medical care for several age related issues and accidents. I've even been to the Cleveland Clinic. My experience with Dr. Farooq and staff has been more pleasant than any I've had in years. He listens, is thorough, and seems very knowledgeable. His staff answers the phone and goes out of their way to help. My wait time, both on the phone and in the office, has been minimal. I highly recommend.
in Greenville, TX |
It took a while to get me back to his office and was Curt an rude when I got in there! When the nurse took myself and my daughter to a room he wasn't attending patients he was as!king up and down the hall on his cell phone!I was a new patient and his greeting to me was not a welcome !et me help you it was what was I doing there! Not good bedside manners as far as I am concerned. Even left one of my medications off the list ! And hasn't responded to the pharmacist request to fill!
in Allen, TX |
Dr Hassan has treated me on multiple occasion. I am very pleased the way he has treated me. He is very friendly and caring. I will recommend him to all my family and friends.
in Wills Point, TX |
he is an awesome doctor. helps me in so many ways , i feel much better under his care. He is up lifting.
in Frisco, TX |
I have never left Dr. Farooq's office feeling anything less than reassured and optimist. He has a gift to heal, not only the body, but the soul, as well. He provides care to me, as well as my Mom. He has made a difference in my life and I am so thankful and blessed to have him as my doctor.
in Greenville, TX |
Three generations of my family, including myself, have had the most positive experience while under Dr. Farooq's care for over a decade. He is very knowledgeable in many areas, precise, and thorough, applying extra efforts towards finding solutions for my complex case. Dr. Farooq is not just a great doctor, he is a wonderful human being who has positively impacted my life and my family. His dedicated staff is extraordinarily caring and efficient even in times of high volume office activity.
in Frisco, TX |
Did not take his time. He was in and out of the room in less 10 minutes. How can he prescribe something when he doesn't even know what the full extend of the problem is? I got antiseizure mess when I don't even have seizures!!
in Greenville, TX |
I have been a patient of Dr Farooq for several years, and have been associated with the health care field for many years as a patient, a provider, and as a parent. I am very pleased with his care. Dr Farooq takes the time to know his patients on a personal level, and is very thorough in his exams. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr Farooq to anyone!
in Van Alstyne, TX |
I love him. Great doctor. very pleased.
in Pilot Point, TX |
In short, Dr. Farooq has enabled me to stay upright , walking , and alive. He monitors my medication for WIDE variety of health issues , That I no longer worry about. I would recommend him, and have, for those I care about including friends and family.
in Greenville, TX |
My husband and I have been very impressed with Dr. Farooq. He takes his time to listen to us on our concerns and issues. He also explains this to us in terms we can relate to.
Have you seen Dr. Hassan Farooq, MD?
Are you Dr. Farooq?