Dr. Hassan Alissa, MD

Rheumatology | Male

Arthritis Clinic Of Central Texas 1340 Wonder World Dr Ste 2203 San Marcos, TX 78666 Get Directions
Dr. Hassan Alissa, MD
Dr. Hassan Alissa, MD is a rheumatology doctor who practices in San Marcos, TX. He is 47 years old and has been practicing for 25 years. Dr. Alissa is affiliated with Seton Medical Center Austin and Central Texas Medical Center.

Dr. Alissa's Experience

See how Dr. Alissa's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Alissa

Dr. Alissa accepts 12 insurance carriers

Dr. Alissa is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Alissa has admitting privileges.

Dr. Alissa's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Alissa to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Alissa's Performance
in New Braunfels, Tx |
Dr. Alissa is wonderful. He has an excellent manner in how he is concerned with the well being of his patients. I would highly recommend him to my family and friends.
in Canyon Lake, Tx |
Most people who know me, know that my least favorite thing, is to make a Dr's visit. Cannot say that I looked forward going to Dr Alissa's office the first time, however the pain and discomfort made me willing to forget my apprehensions. It was with relief, that I was met with real concern and assurances, that after evaluation, I could be helped with pain management. Most impressive was his willingness to take the time to insure that my wife & I understood my condition and his suggestions.
Stockdale, TX |
I do recommend Dr. Alissa to everyone!! He and his office staff are always so kind and caring!! They make sure you know they are always there if you need them as well and to not hesitate to reach out if you need something. I'm fairly new to him and we're still getting it all figured out but he's has a very gentle touch and does a great job of explaining things! I appreciate him not being afraid to run test to try to get to the bottom of things.
Kyle, TX |
Dr. Alissa is professional, caring, efficient and detailed. I would recommend him to anyone who needs a rheumatologist. I have been looking for the proper diagnosis for 10 years. He was able to figure it out. Now I am on the proper medication and feeling better. His office staff is very friendly and helpful.
San Marcos, TX |
Dr. Alissa may be a competent doctor, but he has no clue what to do with someone who was injured in the military and has TBI (traumatic brain injury). His patients have no say and by his actions cannot be trusted with any of their treatment plans. I, as a medical provider, always included my patients in the treatment plans. Yet, I could not to be trusted with my own medications.
in La hernia tx |
I look forward to my Dr. visits each time. Dr ALLISSA is very attentive to me and I'm sure his other patients. He gives his undivided attention and I really like that. He truly cares for his patients and their health needs. And it shows. His staff is like no other. They are all a special group of people. We are blessed.
in Canyon Lake, TX |
Although it seems Dr Alissa may be a little hard to work for, he is knowledgeable, professional and best of all takes time to listen. His nurse has the best attitude in dealing with patients, puts you at ease and is an absolute doll. Nancy and the rest of the staff is very busy but always friendly and helpful.
in NRH Tx |
I love my drive to this office.. Dr. Alissa remembers me and what is going on w me. He listens. He takes extra percussion. I have had RA for 6 years and never been explained the way he explained it every other doc would just take me off medicine no matter if I felt well or not bc I wasn't in remission.. He has taken X-rays of me when I haven't had one in 6 years he is doing a bone density test which I have never had.. His staff are lovely. I feel like he hasn't best interest at heart
in New Braunfels, TX |
I have been going to Dr. Alissa for over a year. Recommended by by my Family physician. I am listened to and cared about and when I have a question I always feel more educated about my condition. The whole staff are caring and professional.
Houston, TX |
I love this place. Really really great doctor, always available to help when I need him, very polite & understanding. I believe he goes above and beyond & cares for his patients. I love the staff as well, they are very polite.
in New Braunfels, TX |
My doctor recommended Dr. Alissa in 2009. At 49, my arthritis was so bad I couldn't squeeze toothpaste. He and his staff made me feel like a star from the first visit. Within a month my pain lessened, I got back use of my hands. Within a year I was doing up-dog and down-dog, grading papers and using power tools with almost no pain. Dr. Alissa and his staff, especially Deborah, still make me feel like a star: they remember and ask about me, my son, my dogs. They still seek to lessen my meds. A+!
Pleasanton, TX |
Dr. Alissa has been very professional and very kind when dealing with my condition. Very pleasant to work with.
in New Braunfels, TX |
Dr. Alissa and his staff help to calm my nerves from the time I entered the office. Dr. Alissa was able to give me information for my condition. He took the time to listen to what I was saying. I left there knowing I would be helped and that I could get help for my condition. I left today with confidence.
in New Braunfels Tx |
Very thorough. Gave me a shot the same day so I wouldn't have to come back since I was in so much pain. I really appreciated that.
in New Braunfels |
Best doctor ever. I had a bad experience with another doctor and came here. The staff is wonderful and always has you smiling. Dr Alissa is direct and asks everything and listens. He cares and it's amazing to find a doctor like that these days.
in Lockhart tx |
Always have a pleasant visit!
in Kyle |
Dr. Alyssa has provided the most professional staff, highest level of diagnostic proficiency and a tremendous support staff. Literally, he has saved and preserved the quality of my life. John Lawrence
Universal City, TX |
Dr Alissa is compassionate and encouraging to his patients. He takes whatever amount of time with each patient that is needed. I highly recommend him to anyone
in San Marcos, Texas |
Dr. Alissa is Great! Nurse Debra always has a ?? and in great spirits. And staff is always polite and professional. Sincerely, Ms. Patricia Martinez
San Marcos, TX |
I always feel very welcome by all the staff.They greet you with a smile and make you feel that you are the #1 patient. I don't mind waiting when they are running late,because they take good care of me.Dr takes the time to explain why I am taking my medication he prescribes.
in San Jose, CA |
Dr. Allysa office and personnel are very warm caring and personable. I was welcomed as a part of their family these are real people granted knowledgeable and professional but down-to-earth people who understand. I had a few good laughs at my last two visits I would recommend and have recommended patients for the Good Doctor. Dr. Allysa assured me that he would find out what was going wrong with me and make me feel better he validated my pain and has made me feel better!
I just had my first appointment with Dr. Hassan and the reception was great. The staff was aware that they had a new patient waiting in the waiting room and even apologized for the minor delay. The Rheumatologist shows care and seems to bond with his patients.
in Stockdale, TX |
I'm a fairly new patient but I have quickly fallen in love with Dr. Alissa and his staff!! Everyone is super friendly and very caring. It was important to him that he had all my questions answered and that I understood everything going on. He also made sure that I had their phone numbers and the patient portal info and to call or email if anything else came up. I have a LOT of issues going on, some rare but he knew of them ALL!
Buda, TX |
Professional, compassionate, very knowledgeable, friendly. Great staff.
Houston, TX |
We have asked a lot of Dr. Alissa and his staff in the short time my daughter has been a patient. They've always provided outstanding, caring service. From the nurse, to Nancy in the office, they've gone above and beyond to help us out. I'm very thankful to have chosen them to help.
in Goliad TX |
Very caring Dr. Very kind staff. They always make you feel like you're there only patient.
New Braunfels, TX |
I been going to him since 2013 and he has been great doctor ?????
in San Marcos, TX |
This is my 4th visit with Dr Alissa and him and his staff always make the office visit a great experience. Staff are very friendly and courteous. Dr. Alissa is nice, professional and is thorough when explaining my plan of care! Would recommend
in New Braunfels, TX |
We would definitely recommend to everyone. He listens and always trying to find the best medicine for you.
in Uhland, TX |
Great doctor. Listens to you and doesn't treat you like a number.
Very caring
New Braunfels, TX |
Dr. Alissa is extremely compassionate and cares for his patients. I'd recommend him to anyone.
in New Braunfels, TX |
I love Dr. Alissa and his staff! They are so helpful and truly care! I have recommended many other patients to him. Dr Alissa really listens to your concerns and helps you figure out what is going on with your body and how to fight back. Best Rheumy around!
in Wimberley, TX |
Friendly, courteous and professional doctor and staff. It's early days with my diagnosis, but I know I'm in good hands.
in Keene, TX |
Dr.alissa saved my life.I went to several drs before him and he's the only one who found out the illness I have.The greatest dr.on earth!
in San Marcos, TX |
Genuinely cares about his patients, is responsive and knowledgeable. It doesn't get much better than this.
in New Braunfels, TX |
I found Dr. Hassan's office was very pleasant. The staff was all very nice and personable. Dr. Hassan himself was very nice and took the time to listen to my medical history and look over prior tests done at other specialists and diagnosed my problem that 2 other specialists and 1 other regular doctor could not do in the last 8 months. If you are looking for a great doctor that really listens and has a great staff this is the place for you!!!
in San Antonio tx |
Absolutely amazing doctor, very attentive, liatens to you and honestly overrall best doctor I've ever seen.. (and I've seen a lot of doctors)
in San Marcos, TX |
He is vague when giving results. I waited for over 1 1/2 hours no one ever came to apologize for the delay . The front receptionists are very unfriendly. They did not greet me or acknowledge me when I arrived. The nurses are very friendly and professional. But not impressed with the care I received from the physician.
Have you seen Dr. Hassan Alissa, MD?
Are you Dr. Alissa?

Compare Dr. Alissa

Dr. Alissa's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Rheumatology
  •  Board certified in Internal Medicine and Rheumatology

Dr. Alissa has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Alissa's Board Certifications

• Rheumatology

• Achilles Tendinitis
  • Ankylosing Spondylitis
  • Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
  • Bleeding Disorders
  • Chondrocalcinosis
  • Classic Polyarteritis Nodosa
  • Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus
  • Dermatomyositis
  • Felty's Syndrome
  • Gout
  • Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP)
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lupus
  • Muscle Weakness
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Osteoarthritis of Hands
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR)
  • Polymyositis

Loyola University Hospital

Completed in 2001

• Arabic
  • French

Dr. Alissa does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Alissa and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Rheumatology