Dr. Haseeb Rahman, MD

Internal Medicine | Male

Mercy Clinic, Tampa, FL 5101 E Busch Blvd Ste 11 Tampa, FL 33617 Get Directions
Dr. Haseeb Rahman, MD
I was born in Panama City, Florida in 1980. My father was a physician, back then they called him a General Practitioner. He came from Pakistan, where he was born from my grandfather. My grandfather was also a physician, back then they called him a Doctor, they didn't have specialties then. When I went to college I decided not to follow in my family's footsteps and went into Biomedical Engineering. I graduated with honors and received my Masters in Sciences after publishing my thesis to a prestigious journal. With my training and experience I had the ability to make and design amazing tools and equipment for people who were suffering from missing limbs, nerve injuries, weakness, and debility. But, I realized at that moment that I wanted more than the ability to just help people. I wanted to be with people. The coldness and sterility of my lab left me wanting more. I wanted to be able to touch a hand of someone I was helping. I wanted the warmth of a smile returned. And sometimes I would imagine the comfort of being able to provide silence when one is grieving. All of that was missing from my life, and so I applied to medical school. I finished with honors in medical school and excelled in all departments of medicine and surgery. Afterwards, I chose Internal Medicine as my specialty. It was the closest thing to what my father and my grandfather did, and I have never regretted it. The rigorous training in Internal Medicine gave me insight to the horrors of disease and the depths to which people can fall. But it was balanced with hope and the experience of seeing people survive and even sometimes thrive. During my training, I went back to school again (I know I'm a glutton) and spent three more years to get my Doctorate of Health Sciences from A.T. Still University. Dr Andrew Taylor Still was the man who the university was named after and is most commonly known as the father of Homeopathic or Osteopathic medicine. From here I found the balance of bringing the whole person together. I was taught that a human being has more than 1 heart. They have many hearts, including the one of the body. But they have a spiritual heart, an emotional heart, a heart of independence, a heart of loyalty, and many more. If you kill any of of these hearts you can kill the person. I was struck by this as I knew it to be true. I had seen it. Even one of my patients, an elderly woman who presented to the hospital with heart failure and was placed in the ICU. When the Cardiologists did an ultrasound of her heart they found a condition called "Takutsubo cardiomyopathy." It was also known as "heart break syndrome." This woman was a widow, her husband died 2 weeks ago. The stress of losing her best friend and her partner "broke her heart," both emotionally and physically. Her physical heart was suffering due to the suffering of her other heart. Stories like these are not commonly told in medical communities and people today think pills can fix everything. But, I believe that the crowd is not always right and that there are many things that are wrong about the practice of medicine today. I hope to fix what I can and to inspire others to do the right thing. I am positive that most people are good people and they only wish for the best for themselves and for others. It is my goal to help those people achieve their aspirations and to live a good healthy life free of pain and suffering. The road I have traveled has prepared me to do this task and I don't take my responsibility lightly. I hope you join me on this journey.

Dr. Rahman's Care Philosophy

Dementia, diabetes, hypertension, gout, and endometriosis are just some examples of common diseases that are so difficult to understand. As people live their lives they hope to avoid the day when a doctor says you have a disease that you can't spell. Is it any wonder that people then continue to get sicker and less healthy with age? With the rising costs of health care and doctor shortages, more and more physicians are practicing medicine by following the crowd and just prescribing pills for everything. Diabetes -- here's your pill for that, hypertension -- take another one for that, cholesterol? -- here's another pill. Will it stop? When will people realize that their body is amazing at rejuvenation and healing? You don't need a detox when your liver is the most amazing detoxifying organ ever made! You don't need pills for pain, you need to heal what is hurting. My philosophy is to help you heal yourself using your own body and the power of living a good life. I hope you will join me.

Dr. Rahman's Experience

See how Dr. Rahman's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Rahman

Dr. Rahman accepts 8 insurance carriers

Dr. Rahman is now accepting new patients
Mercy Clinic5101 E Busch Blvd Ste 11
Tampa, FL 33617
(813) 551-1150Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Rahman has admitting privileges.

Dr. Rahman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rahman to family and friends
based on 2 total reviews (1 with a comment)
Dr. Rahman's Performance
in Tampa, FL |
He provides clear detailed information and instructions on how to change the issues with my health.
Have you seen Dr. Haseeb Rahman, MD?
Are you Dr. Rahman?

Compare Dr. Rahman

Dr. Rahman's Care Philosophy

Dr. Rahman says...

The human body is very complex. But, the human being is much more so. Many times people focus on the body, but forget that the person in front of them is more than a shell. We are all made of a body with a mind infused with a spirit. My goal is to help people remember that and find a way to bring their health back to a place where they don't hurt or suffer.

Almost all of us were born healthy and were healthy for most of our youth. We didn't need medications or surgery to feel well. As a specialist in Internal Medicine and as a Doctorate in Health Sciences, I fused both Allopathic and Homeopathic medicine in my practice to deliver a comprehensive approach to healthcare.

If you are reading this and are interested in working with me I look forward to meeting you. If you are reading this after meeting me please leave a review and help other people with your experience.

Dr. Rahman says...

I am capable of performing all procedures in the medical field including monitoring and treating conditions such as blood pressure, diabetes, cholesterol, skin infections, cough, asthma, COPD, heart failure. I am skilled in using Ultrasound guided sonography in my workup of the body and comfortable in performing a rational and focused physical exam.

Dr. Rahman's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Internal Medicine
  •  Board certified in Internal Medicine

Dr. Rahman has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Rahman's Board Certifications

• Epilepsy
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myoclonus
  • Stroke
  • Syncope
  • Thrombosis
  • Torticollis
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia

Graduated in 2003

• Other Education
    A. T. Still University

Completed in 2012

Dr. Rahman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rahman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Hospital Medicine