Dr. Haseeb Rahman, MD

Dr. Haseeb Rahman, MD

Internal Medicine  |
I was born in Panama City, Florida in 1980. My father was a physician, back then they called him a General Practitioner. He came from Pakistan, where he was born from my grandfather. My grandfather was also a physician, back then they called him a Doctor, they didn't have specialties then. When I went to college I decided not to follow in my family's footsteps and went into Biomedical Engineering. I graduated with honors and received my Masters in Sciences after publishing my thesis to a prestigious journal. With my training and experience I had the ability to make and design amazing tools and equipment for people who were suffering from missing limbs, nerve injuries, weakness, and debility. But, I realized at that moment that I wanted more than the ability to just help people. I wanted to be with people. The coldness and sterility of my lab left me wanting more. I wanted to be able to touch a hand of someone I was helping. I wanted the warmth of a smile returned. And sometimes I would imagine the comfort of being able to provide silence when one is grieving. All of that was missing from my life, and so I applied to medical school. I finished with honors in medical school and excelled in all departments of medicine and surgery. Afterwards, I chose Internal Medicine as my specialty. It was the closest thing to what my father and my grandfather did, and I have never regretted it. The rigorous training in Internal Medicine gave me insight to the horrors of disease and the depths to which people can fall. But it was balanced with hope and the experience of seeing people survive and even sometimes thrive. During my training, I went back to school again (I know I'm a glutton) and spent three more years to get my Doctorate of Health Sciences from A.T. Still University. Dr Andrew Taylor Still was the man who the university was named after and is most commonly known as the father of Homeopathic or Osteopathic medicine. From here I found the balance of bringing the whole person together. I was taught that a human being has more than 1 heart. They have many hearts, including the one of the body. But they have a spiritual heart, an emotional heart, a heart of independence, a heart of loyalty, and many more. If you kill any of of these hearts you can kill the person. I was struck by this as I knew it to be true. I had seen it. Even one of my patients, an elderly woman who presented to the hospital with heart failure and was placed in the ICU. When the Cardiologists did an ultrasound of her heart they found a condition called "Takutsubo cardiomyopathy." It was also known as "heart break syndrome." This woman was a widow, her husband died 2 weeks ago. The stress of losing her best friend and her partner "broke her heart," both emotionally and physically. Her physical heart was suffering due to the suffering of her other heart. Stories like these are not commonly told in medical communities and people today think pills can fix everything. But, I believe that the crowd is not always right and that there are many things that are wrong about the practice of medicine today. I hope to fix what I can and to inspire others to do the right thing. I am positive that most people are good people and they only wish for the best for themselves and for others. It is my goal to help those people achieve their aspirations and to live a good healthy life free of pain and suffering. The road I have traveled has prepared me to do this task and I don't take my responsibility lightly. I hope you join me on this journey.

5101 E Busch Blvd Ste 11

Tampa, FL 33617

Learn about Dr. Rahman

Dr. Rahman's Experience

Dr. Rahman's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Internal Medicine
  • Board certified in Internal Medicine

This content was provided by Dr. Rahman "Dementia, diabetes, hypertension, gout, and endometriosis are just some examples of common diseases that are so difficult to understand. As people live their lives they hope to avoid the day when a doctor says you have a disease that you can't spell. Is it any wonder that people then continue to get sicker and less healthy with age? With the rising costs of health care and doctor shortages, more and more physicians are practicing medicine by following the crowd and just prescribing pills for everything. Diabetes -- here's your pill for that, hypertension -- take another one for that, cholesterol? -- here's another pill.

Will it stop? When will people realize that their body is amazing at rejuvenation and healing? You don't need a detox when your liver is the most amazing detoxifying organ ever made! You don't need pills for pain, you need to heal what is hurting. My philosophy is to help you heal yourself using your own body and the power of living a good life. I hope you will join me."

• Hospital Medicine

• Epilepsy
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myoclonus
  • Stroke
  • Syncope
  • Thrombosis
  • Torticollis
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia

• Baptist Health System
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2012
  • A. T. Still University
    Other Education | Completed 2012

Dr. Rahman has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Rahman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rahman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Rahman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rahman to family and friends
Dr. Rahman's Performance
in Clearwater, FL |
Dr. Rahman, I believe, wanted to help me. But he was constrained by the limits put on him at the clinic where I saw him. Constrained by the financial constraints, sadly. He has an exceptional bedside manner and I will never forget his hand on my shoulder at our final appointment and his sad smile. He knows chronic lyme disease is real and that my symptoms and history support a clinical diagnosis. I am still searching and suffering, but I won't give up my fight, no matter how dark...
in Tampa, FL |
He provides clear detailed information and instructions on how to change the issues with my health.
Have you seen Dr. Haseeb Rahman, MD?
Are you Dr. Rahman?