Dr. Harvey Ager, MD
Contact provider for availability

Dr. Harvey Ager, MD

Psychiatry | Male

Harvey G Ager MD PLLC 3990 John R St Detroit, MI 48201 Get Directions

Dr. Harvey Ager, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Detroit, MI. He is 77 years old and has been practicing for 51 years. Dr. Ager is affiliated with Harper University Hospital.

Dr. Ager's Experience

See how Dr. Ager's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Ager

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Ager has admitting privileges.

Dr. Ager's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ager to family and friends
1.4
Dr. Ager's Performance
    FAIR
    FAIR
in MI |
I was sent to see this man by my long term disability program. I've been off work for 2.5 years, been approved for disability through Social Security. I have a traumatic brain injury with depression and anxiety along with PTSD and attention deficit all due to the TBI. This doctor states that I can return to work with NO restrictions. I am a respiratory therapist and need critical thinking skills to do my job. Those skills I no longer have and decision making is very hard for me. I don't know why
in Farmington, MI |
Very rude and unprofessional he made me feel uncomfortable. He is very outdated and very old, his office is nasty. He doesn't know how to talk to women he changes your words to fit his agenda my job sent me to him I wouldnt send a dog to see him.
East Lansing, MI |
professional, thorough, empathetic. I'm glad I saw him. He helped me work through some things with my employer and his IME.
in Farmington, MI |
Dr. Ager is the worst in his profession! I was sent to his office by my employer for an IME report in which he diagnosed me with personality disorder, depression, anger issues and something called Histrionic personality disorder. He also stated that I had a family history of mental illness however said I was not mentally disable and could return to work. Subsequently, I saw two other doctors that strongly disagreed with this doctor's IME and admitted me into a partial hospitalization program.
in River Rouge, MI |
While being questioned and explaining the stresses in my life, he seemed to empathize with me. Statements like, Your life could be a movie, maybe you should retire instead going back to those work conditions. Only hearing a fraction of the stresses, including suicide attempt. I called back requesting at least 2-3 more sessions so he could hear the total amount of issues I was working through so he can make a more knowledgeable assessment. He said he made his IME judgement. Healthy for work.
Have you seen Dr. Harvey Ager, MD?
Are you Dr. Ager?

Compare Dr. Ager

}

Dr. Ager's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Psychiatry
  •  Board certified in Psychiatry
  •  Malpractice claims in Michigan not available

Dr. Ager has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

Why It Matters: Dr. Ager's Board Certifications

• Psychiatry

Dr. Ager does not have any conditions listed. If you are Dr. Ager and would like to add conditions you treat, please update your free profile.

Wayne State Univ Som

Graduated in 1966

L A Co Usc Med Center
    Ucla Med Center

Dr. Ager does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ager and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Psychiatry

Dr. Ager does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Ager and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.