Dr. Harry Pappas, MD

Dr. Harry Pappas, MD

Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Harry Pappas, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Altamonte Springs, FL. He is 63 years old and has been practicing for 38 years.

160 Boston Ave

Altamonte Springs, FL 32701

• Argus Insurance
  • AvMed
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida

Learn about Dr. Pappas

See how frequently Dr. Pappas performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Glaucoma
Cataract Removal Surgery
Senile Cataracts

Dr. Pappas's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Ophthalmology

• Cataract Removal Surgery
  • Coreoplasty
  • Eye Surgery
  • Laser Cataract Surgery
  • Vitrectomy (incl. Macular Hole Repair)
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery

• Johns Hopkins Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1983
  • Mass Eye Ear Infirm
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1984

Dr. Pappas has no media or publications listed.

• German
  • Greek

Dr. Pappas does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Pappas and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Pappas' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Pappas to family and friends
Dr. Pappas' Performance
in Altamonte Springs, FL |
Dr Pappas gave me back perfect sight.
in Apopka |
Top Notch. Personable. When it came time for cataract surgery, I wanted the doctor who has done this surgery thousands of times. Dr. Pappas was my first and preferred choice. His surgery team puts you at ease. Results are amazing. The practice is easy to work with when it comes to dealing with your insurance. He enjoys his chosen profession and it shows with his ease and enjoyment in talking with his patients.
in Fern Park |
Dr. Pappas was recommended to me. He removed my husband's cataracts and most recently both of mine. He is very professional, speaks softly and has a calming personality. The procedure is explained and directions are in detail. His operating staff is excellent and caring.
in Apopka, FL |
One of the better eye doctors I have had the pleasure of seeing. He is friendly, personable, all while being professional. He explains everything he is doing and encourages your questions. He did my cataract surgery 2 weeks ago and it was a pleasant experience thanks to him and his team. Have already recommended him to 2 of my friends.
in Altamonte Springs, Florida |
When it was confirmed that I needed cataract surgery on my right eye, I was initially very nervous about someone performing surgery on my eye with the thought of possibly completely losing my eyesight in this eye. However, once I met with Dr. Pappas, my fears went away and my surgery was very successful. He and his staff were very professional and did a wonderful job in working with me in my time of need. Thank you, Dr. Pappas, I feel like a kid in a candy store again with my vision :) !!!!
Los Angeles, CA |
Dr. Pappas removed both of my cataracts. He is an excellent surgeon and is very caring and calm. He does not rush you and ensures your all questions are answered. I highly recommend him.
in Orlando, FL |
Great doctor. Make you feel comfortable before, during and after proceedures. Very happy he was my eye surgeon
in Sanford, FL |
Dr papas is one of the finest Doctors the i have met .Great personality. He always makes you feel special.
in Sanford , FL |
The Florida Eye Clinic Ambulatory Surgical Center at Altamonte Springs Florida is were my 81 year old husband had his Cataract Surgery done on both eyes.. Thanks to Dr. Pappas's surgical skills and Love for his profession the operation was painless and in fifteen minutes my husband was ready to come home. What a privileged experience it is to meet such a professional kind man who puts you at ease on such a delicate operation.
Oviedo, FL |
Had cataract surgery on each eye. The entire experience was excellent. From the initial appointment where the procedure was explained, to the end results....20/20 vision, I could not be more satisfied.
Orlando, FL |
Not only is Dr. Pappas an incredible technical doctor, but he also has the best bed side manner and cares for his patients. I would highly recommend him to anyone that needed his services!
in Apopka florida |
Dr. Pappas is the best eye doctor around!!! ...he is very caring towards me and to the other patients as well.
in Clermont, FL |
The most important quality of Dr. Pappas was the complete confidence in his abilities to make the correct decision about my eyes. He explained every detail of the treatment. He took the time to explain and answer all my questions. I would recommend Dr. Pappas to anyone needing eye care.
in Casselberry Fl |
Dr. Pappas has saved my eye sight. . Dr. Pappas has been closely monitoring by Glaucoma for years . He recently removed my cataract and I am extremely satisfied with the vision I have. His outgoing personality and professionalism is unbelievable. I have and still will recommend Dr Pappas.
in Ocoee, FL |
For approximately a month, Dr Pappas and his support team performed corrective surgery on both of my eyes. During this time I received excellent service. Everyone went out of their way to assist me through the ordeal. Dr. Pappas's bedside manner is impeccable and displays his true care for his patients. Tim Hunter
in Fern Park |
Good with explanations of procedures and answering all questions. Shows interest in patients.
in Orlando, FL |
If I could give less than 1 star, I would. This man ruined my eyes. After paying top dollar for surgery to correct my bad vision, I find out three months later that I have macular degeneration and it is extensively far gone and I will probably lose my vision completely in a short amount of time. Now tell me, how is it possible that this man looked into my eyes ten different times and did surgery on me but never once noticed that I had macular degeneration? He stole my money and my hope.
in Oviedo, FL |
He did an excellent job on my eyes
in Orlando, FL |
Simply put; Dr. Harry Pappas is THE BEST! He possesses all the qualities that I think any patient hopes and prays that every physician and/or medical personnel will have. He is not only very highly skilled and confident but he is also very loving, attentive, caring, and explains everything in detail in a simple way. I love Dr. Pappas and would recommend him to anyone!! Thank You Dr. Pappas!!! Oh....and his staff is great too!....especially the surgical team that assists him with all the surgery!
in Longwood, FL |
I recently had cataract surgery and chose to get a mono vision lens for reading. Dr. Pappas was very thorough explaining the process and expected results. Because one out of four patients' brains won't accept mono vision, Dr Pappas had me try a contact lens for reading to make sure mono vision was for ok for me. I have to say, removing the cataract and getting mono vision was a life changing experience. So thankful for Dr Pappas, his report was probably the best I've experienced.
in Sanford, FL |
Dr. Pappas is a gentle giant with a caring bedside manner. I was completely relaxed, comfortable and confident in his care. His staff was extremely efficient in providing care before, during and after eye surgery.
in Apopka, FL |
Dr. Pappas is very caring about his patients. He takes the time to explain everything so that you are comfortable. I would highly recommend him to everyone.
in Orlando, Florida |
I've been going to Dr. Pappas for 18 years. He's done cataract surgery on both eyes, plus my husband's eyes. He is definitely THE BEST there is. Very kind, explains everything, very caring.
in Oviedo, FL |
Dr. Pappas and his Staff we wonderful and I recommend the Florida Eye Clinic highly. My eyes are heading toward perfect vision. Thanks to Dr. Pappas. Thank you all Patricia S McRee
in Orlando, FL |
From the moment I met Dr. Pappas, he was very friendly and explained thoroughly the procedure of cataract removal. I felt very comfortable in having Dr. Pappas do my surgery as he was highly recommended. The surgery went well. He is very in-tuned to his patient's needs, and is very caring. I highly recommend Dr. Pappas. An excellent physician. I now only need readers after wearing glasses for too many years. Ron Nyary
in Altamonte Springs, FL |
I was extremely satisfied with the care and service provided by Dr. Pappas and his staff & will definitely recommend him to anyone needing cataract surgery. They were very well organized (all of my concerns and questions were addressed within their surgery literature), it was easy to schedule appointments, and the wait time once in the office was minimal. Thank God & Dr. Pappas; I can see clearly again and only wish I had not put off surgery for so long!!
in Altamonte Springs |
Dr. Pappas did cataract surgery on both my eyes. Extremely successful. No pain, great vision.
in ocoee, fl |
Dr.Harry Pappas is one of the finest and very caring doctors that I have ever known. I was very satisfied with the surgery on my eye and would recommend him to everyone.
in CASSELBERRY |
I was very satisfied with the results. I no longer need glasses. No need to get other eye done at this time....Dr. saved me big bucks...Thank you Dr Pappas
in Sanford, FL |
Dr. Pappas was amazing he has been such a blessing in my life. I was turned down by 2 other surgeons who said my case was too complicated. Dr. Pappas was not afraid of doing my surgery and after 5 years I have my vision back. Dr. Pappas thank you for restoring not only my vision but the quality of my life.
in Casselberry, FL |
I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Pappas. I found him to be very knowledgeable, confident, focused and proficient to perform the job. He possesses excellent communication skills and is very thorough. I would highly recommend him to my family and friends. Henry Brouwer
Apopka, FL |
Dr Pappas is a caring and concerned Opthalmologist and is very friendly. He answered all my questions with patience and was careful to observe my health issues. I do feel the surgical area as well as the consultation waiting room areas could use a thorough cleaning. There were dusty baseboards, and dusty equipment.
in Winter Park, FL |
Dr. Pappas and his staff at the Florida Eye Clinic are the very best. It is a very busy office but everyone I encountered was very polite and efficient. Dr. Pappas is a very positive and caring doctor and very clearly explained everything to me in an easy one to one manner so I had no hesitation going into my cataract procedure for both eyes. I would highly recommend Dr. Pappas to any of my friends and family.
in Orlando, FL |
Great DR.Treats patients with humanity and is an excellent surgeon. Mu surgery had excellent results and my sight improved 100%
in Longwood, FL. |
Dr. Pappas performed my cataract surgery. During my consultation he explained the procedure in detail and had me watch a video to provide me with further understanding. He was very patient, kind, and caring. He explained all my options as to which lenses would provide me with the greatest improvement in vision. When I left his office I felt I had been well informed and very confident that I had found the correct doctor for this procedure. I felt he had my best interest at heart.
in Apopka, FL |
Dr Pappas was very professional yet personable in dealing with my wife's cataract problems. He explained in a manner that we could understand what was going to be done and what to expect after the surgery. He had a significant impact on my wife deciding to have cataract surgery.
Oviedo, FL |
Excellent surgeon with well-organized, caring and competent staff. A pleasure to work with. Always prompt regarding appointment times. Never had to wait more than 30 minutes at any visit.
in Longwood Fl. |
Very good results , fast & painless. Place is run like a well oiled machine.
in Sanford fl |
We had this doctor for my cataract surgery. He is an amazing doctor, spent Lots of time with us and answering questions and performed everything perfectly. Highly recommend this dr :)
Excellent experience
Oviedo, FL |
Dr Harry Pappas MD is one of the greatest eye surgeon I have ever met, I was lucky to have him? perform surgery on both of my eyes, so I can see again.My eyes were so blurry could not see to drive & now it seems that I have 20/20 vision.God bless him always.
in Altamonte Springs, FL |
I am patient of Dr. Pappas for the past several years and had Cataract Surgery in February 2017. He is an experienced doctor with friendly, courteous, and fun personality. I like him very much and would highly recommend him to anyone who is looking for an A+ doctor.
Winter Park, FL |
I would definitely, and have already told people, that Dr. Pappas would be the person to go to.
Orlando, FL |
Dr. Pappas was recommended to me by a friend who was a public health administrator. Dr. Pappas gave me what I consider to be excellent care and I am thrilled with the result. I highly recommend him.
in Orlando, FL |
Dr. Pappas is highly competent and after meeting him from the first visit I knew he was not only a good doctor but a good man.
in Palm Coast, FL32137 |
Everyone, including Dr. Pappas were very thorough in their questioning and explaining every detail concerning the surgery, options and care. The whole staff was friendly and had a calming effect on me as a patient. Very happy so far with the results!
in Maitland, FL |
His skill and his caring demeanor
in Sanford, FL |
I was a little nervous about having cataract surgery but Dr. Pappas aleviated my fears. He is thorough, professional, friendly and courteous. He take all the time necessary to hear your questions and concerns. I am very, very pleased with the outcome of my surgery. I will continue to see Dr. Pappas in the future.
in Oviedo, FL |
If I could give Dr. Pappas a MILLION stars I would do it. What a wonderful man. He is the best of the best and it shows!!!!!
in Altamonte Springs, FL |
Doctor Pappas is an outstanding doctor and a fine man. He took great care in removing my cataracts and I only wish I had more eyes so that I could continue to receive his fine care. I highly recommend him and wish him the best.
Have you seen Dr. Harry Pappas, MD?
Are you Dr. Pappas?

Visit Dr. Pappas

Dr. Pappas accepts 20 insurance carriers
  • Argus Insurance
  • AvMed
    AvMed HMO
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
    Blue Care HMO