Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Harry Pappas, MD
Dr. Harry Pappas, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Altamonte Springs, FL. He is 62 years old and has been practicing for 38 years. Dr. Pappas is affiliated with Florida Hospital - Altamonte.

Florida Eye Clinic, PA

160 Boston Ave

Altamonte Springs, FL 32701

• Argus Insurance
  • AvMed
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
  • EyeMed Vision Care
  • Florida Hospital Healthcare System

Learn about Dr. Pappas

Dr. Pappas' Experience

Dr. Pappas' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Ophthalmology

• Johns Hopkins Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1983
  • Mass Eye Ear Infirm
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1984

Dr. Pappas has no media or publications listed.

• German
  • Greek

Dr. Pappas does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Pappas and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Pappas' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Pappas to family and friends
Dr. Pappas' Performance
in Oviedo, FL |
He did an excellent job on my eyes
in Orlando, FL |
Simply put; Dr. Harry Pappas is THE BEST! He possesses all the qualities that I think any patient hopes and prays that every physician and/or medical personnel will have. He is not only very highly skilled and confident but he is also very loving, attentive, caring, and explains everything in detail in a simple way. I love Dr. Pappas and would recommend him to anyone!! Thank You Dr. Pappas!!! Oh....and his staff is great too!....especially the surgical team that assists him with all the surgery!
in Longwood, FL |
I recently had cataract surgery and chose to get a mono vision lens for reading. Dr. Pappas was very thorough explaining the process and expected results. Because one out of four patients' brains won't accept mono vision, Dr Pappas had me try a contact lens for reading to make sure mono vision was for ok for me. I have to say, removing the cataract and getting mono vision was a life changing experience. So thankful for Dr Pappas, his report was probably the best I've experienced.
in Sanford, FL |
Dr. Pappas is a gentle giant with a caring bedside manner. I was completely relaxed, comfortable and confident in his care. His staff was extremely efficient in providing care before, during and after eye surgery.
in Apopka, FL |
Dr. Pappas is very caring about his patients. He takes the time to explain everything so that you are comfortable. I would highly recommend him to everyone.
in Orlando, Florida |
I've been going to Dr. Pappas for 18 years. He's done cataract surgery on both eyes, plus my husband's eyes. He is definitely THE BEST there is. Very kind, explains everything, very caring.
in Oviedo, FL |
Dr. Pappas and his Staff we wonderful and I recommend the Florida Eye Clinic highly. My eyes are heading toward perfect vision. Thanks to Dr. Pappas. Thank you all Patricia S McRee
in Orlando, FL |
From the moment I met Dr. Pappas, he was very friendly and explained thoroughly the procedure of cataract removal. I felt very comfortable in having Dr. Pappas do my surgery as he was highly recommended. The surgery went well. He is very in-tuned to his patient's needs, and is very caring. I highly recommend Dr. Pappas. An excellent physician. I now only need readers after wearing glasses for too many years. Ron Nyary
in Altamonte Springs, FL |
I was extremely satisfied with the care and service provided by Dr. Pappas and his staff & will definitely recommend him to anyone needing cataract surgery. They were very well organized (all of my concerns and questions were addressed within their surgery literature), it was easy to schedule appointments, and the wait time once in the office was minimal. Thank God & Dr. Pappas; I can see clearly again and only wish I had not put off surgery for so long!!
in Altamonte Springs |
Dr. Pappas did cataract surgery on both my eyes. Extremely successful. No pain, great vision.
in ocoee, fl |
Dr.Harry Pappas is one of the finest and very caring doctors that I have ever known. I was very satisfied with the surgery on my eye and would recommend him to everyone.
in CASSELBERRY |
I was very satisfied with the results. I no longer need glasses. No need to get other eye done at this time....Dr. saved me big bucks...Thank you Dr Pappas
in Sanford, FL |
Dr. Pappas was amazing he has been such a blessing in my life. I was turned down by 2 other surgeons who said my case was too complicated. Dr. Pappas was not afraid of doing my surgery and after 5 years I have my vision back. Dr. Pappas thank you for restoring not only my vision but the quality of my life.
in Casselberry, FL |
I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Pappas. I found him to be very knowledgeable, confident, focused and proficient to perform the job. He possesses excellent communication skills and is very thorough. I would highly recommend him to my family and friends. Henry Brouwer
Apopka, FL |
Dr Pappas is a caring and concerned Opthalmologist and is very friendly. He answered all my questions with patience and was careful to observe my health issues. I do feel the surgical area as well as the consultation waiting room areas could use a thorough cleaning. There were dusty baseboards, and dusty equipment.
in Winter Park, FL |
Dr. Pappas and his staff at the Florida Eye Clinic are the very best. It is a very busy office but everyone I encountered was very polite and efficient. Dr. Pappas is a very positive and caring doctor and very clearly explained everything to me in an easy one to one manner so I had no hesitation going into my cataract procedure for both eyes. I would highly recommend Dr. Pappas to any of my friends and family.
in Orlando, FL |
Great DR.Treats patients with humanity and is an excellent surgeon. Mu surgery had excellent results and my sight improved 100%
in Longwood, FL. |
Dr. Pappas performed my cataract surgery. During my consultation he explained the procedure in detail and had me watch a video to provide me with further understanding. He was very patient, kind, and caring. He explained all my options as to which lenses would provide me with the greatest improvement in vision. When I left his office I felt I had been well informed and very confident that I had found the correct doctor for this procedure. I felt he had my best interest at heart.
in Apopka, FL |
Dr Pappas was very professional yet personable in dealing with my wife's cataract problems. He explained in a manner that we could understand what was going to be done and what to expect after the surgery. He had a significant impact on my wife deciding to have cataract surgery.
Oviedo, FL |
Excellent surgeon with well-organized, caring and competent staff. A pleasure to work with. Always prompt regarding appointment times. Never had to wait more than 30 minutes at any visit.
in Longwood Fl. |
Very good results , fast & painless. Place is run like a well oiled machine.
in Sanford fl |
We had this doctor for my cataract surgery. He is an amazing doctor, spent Lots of time with us and answering questions and performed everything perfectly. Highly recommend this dr :)
Orlando, FL |
Excellent experience
Oviedo, FL |
Dr Harry Pappas MD is one of the greatest eye surgeon I have ever met, I was lucky to have him? perform surgery on both of my eyes, so I can see again.My eyes were so blurry could not see to drive & now it seems that I have 20/20 vision.God bless him always.
in Altamonte Springs, FL |
I am patient of Dr. Pappas for the past several years and had Cataract Surgery in February 2017. He is an experienced doctor with friendly, courteous, and fun personality. I like him very much and would highly recommend him to anyone who is looking for an A+ doctor.
Winter Park, FL |
I would definitely, and have already told people, that Dr. Pappas would be the person to go to.
Orlando, FL |
Dr. Pappas was recommended to me by a friend who was a public health administrator. Dr. Pappas gave me what I consider to be excellent care and I am thrilled with the result. I highly recommend him.
in Orlando, FL |
Dr. Pappas is highly competent and after meeting him from the first visit I knew he was not only a good doctor but a good man.
in Palm Coast, FL32137 |
Everyone, including Dr. Pappas were very thorough in their questioning and explaining every detail concerning the surgery, options and care. The whole staff was friendly and had a calming effect on me as a patient. Very happy so far with the results!
in Maitland, FL |
His skill and his caring demeanor
in Sanford, FL |
I was a little nervous about having cataract surgery but Dr. Pappas aleviated my fears. He is thorough, professional, friendly and courteous. He take all the time necessary to hear your questions and concerns. I am very, very pleased with the outcome of my surgery. I will continue to see Dr. Pappas in the future.
in Oviedo, FL |
If I could give Dr. Pappas a MILLION stars I would do it. What a wonderful man. He is the best of the best and it shows!!!!!
in Altamonte Springs, FL |
Doctor Pappas is an outstanding doctor and a fine man. He took great care in removing my cataracts and I only wish I had more eyes so that I could continue to receive his fine care. I highly recommend him and wish him the best.
Cocoa Beach, FL |
Dr. Pappas is a wonderful and caring surgeon. I'm so glad my friend told me about her great experience when she had her cataract surgery. He is very nice and respectful of everyone that I saw him come in contact with. I came all the way from Cape Canaveral to have my surgery and I am very glad I did. My vision is now perfect. I wore glasses for 52 years.
in Lake Mary, FL |
I heartily recommend Dr. Pappas. The entire process of cataract/ lens replacement was very well handled. I found myself thinking that I'm dealing with a REAL professional that not only cares about the OUTCOME of the patient but also respects and deals straightforwardly with the PROCESS. Dealing with the staff was a calming pleasure, and I believe that Dr. Pappas probably even remembers my desires for food! A Great Doctor and a Comforting person!!
in Oviedo, FL |
Very good surgeon and listener; I'm quite happy with the results.
in Casselberry, FL |
Great Doctor! Just as pleasant as he is qualified!
in Titusville, FL |
This may be the best example of a doctors manner and leadership, oiling the gears of very well organized practice that I have seen in over 35 years! I recently had double surgery and his surgery clinic runs very well as does the rest of his practice. I would recommend Dr. Papas to anyone needing like treatment. They care about you there!
Winter Springs, FL |
Dr. Pappas is excellent. He is skilled, efficient and compassionate. I'm so happy I choose him to perform my cataract surgery.
in Winter Springs, FL |
Dr. Pappas was wonderful. My cataract surgery was explained so that I knew exactly what to expect...from start to finish. So nice to have a Doctor's full attention & not feel like they have one foot out the door. I recommend Dr. Pappas for anyone looking for a "Great" Doctor. Can't remember when I could see this well!
in Longwood Fl |
Dr Pappas was wonderful. He explained my procedure clearly and in great detail. He was very reassuring. He is extremely personable, friendly and confident. He made me feel very comfortable with my surgery. He showed genuine concern for my well being and health. I can not say enough about his skills and manner. I would highly recommend him to anyone.
in Longwood, Fl |
Wonderful bedside manner. Willing to take on challenging procedures. Felt he cared about me, my health and my eyesight.
in Apopka, FL |
This very busy physician is a good listener and very pleasant. His credentials are impressive and he has apparently had a successful career at this center for quite a while. His professionalism and skills were apparent. I also have to commend a very large staff who explained what to expect along the way.
in Geneva, Fl |
Dr. Pappas has taken care of 4 of my relatives plus myself over the years and I couldn't recommend anyone more qualified to put my faith in. Just in my family he has treated us for cataracts, glaucoma and macular degeneration. I just had cataracts removed from both eyes and it is a whole new world again. In all the years I have known you, you have remained the same caring, comforting, and excellent Dr. and I thank you for remaining true to yourself and your profession.
in Lake Mary, FL |
He is wonderful. He is efficient and caring and explains what he is going to do and why. Even more important, the results of my cataract surgery were nothing short of wonderful! I had no pain, no discomfort, excellent followup, etc. He did both eyes and their were zero problems.
in Winter Garden, FL |
Dr. Pappas expertise in ophthalmology exudes confidence. His patience helped me to feel secure, trustful and hence “I can see clearly now.” Thankful.
yar Altamonte Springs, FL |
He is easy to talk with about your surgery. Takes his time with you. We both had laser done. Worth the money if you can spend it. Up grade on lenses.
in sanford,fl |
Dr. Pappas came highly recommended throw a good friend who worked on the development of intraocular lenses for leading manufacturer of them. He was always careful to ensure that each of my questions was answered. His staff was professional, courteous, and respectful of my time as well as their own.
in Sanford, FL |
Dr. Pappas is an outstanding surgeon. My experience with Dr. Pappas was all joy. At age seventy seven I now have perfect vision. Dr. Pappas works at being special.
in Orlando FL |
Friendly, thorough and knowledgeable.
Have you seen Dr. Harry Pappas, MD?
Are you Dr. Pappas?

Visit Dr. Pappas

Dr. Pappas accepts 20 insurance carriers
  • Argus Insurance
  • AvMed
    AvMed HMO
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
    Blue Care HMO