Internal Medicine  |
Dr. Harrison Yoo, MD
Dr. Harrison Yoo, MD is an internal medicine doctor who practices in San Antonio, TX. He is 54 years old and has been practicing for 27 years. Dr. Yoo is affiliated with Methodist Stone Oak Hospital.

1139 E Sonterra Blvd Ste 405

San Antonio, TX 78258

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • CoreSource
  • EmblemHealth
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Health Net
  • HealthFirst

Learn about Dr. Yoo

Dr. Yoo's Experience

Dr. Yoo's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Internal Medicine
  • Board certified in Internal Medicine

This content was provided by Dr. Yoo "Our goal as internal medicine specialists is not only to diagnose and manage acute and chronic adult illness, but more importantly to guide individuals to lifestyle behaviors conducive to physical, emotional, and spiritual health. We also strive to be the patient's advocate in an increasingly complex medical environment."

Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

• Abdominal Disorders
  • Abdominal Pain
  • Acidosis
  • Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Acute Bronchitis
  • Acute Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Acute Pharyngitis
  • Bell's Palsy
  • Bladder Diseases
  • Bladder Infection
  • Blood Disorders
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Bronchiectasis
  • Bronchitis
  • Bruise of Face, Scalp, or Neck
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Calcium Metabolism Disorders
  • Canker Sore
  • Celiac Disease
  • Cellulitis
  • Chest Pain
  • Chronic Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Chronic Pain
  • Chronic Sinusitis
  • Coccygeal Pain
  • Confusion
  • Constipation
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Cough
  • Cystic Fibrosis
  • Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Dehydration
  • Diarrhea
  • Diverticulosis, Intestinal
  • Dizziness
  • Dysphagia
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Ear Ache
  • Ear Disorders
  • Earwax Buildup
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Enteritis
  • Folliculitis
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fungal Nail Infection
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Glaucoma
  • Hypertensive Chronic Kidney Disease
  • Hypoglycemia
  • Hypokalemia
  • Hypotension
  • Hypotension (Excluding Maternal)
  • Hypothyroidism
  • Irritable Bowel Syndrome
  • Itchy Skin
  • Jock Itch
  • Lactose Intolerance
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg and Foot Ulcers
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Malnutrition
  • Mastodynia
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Mineral Metabolism Disorders
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Muscle Spasm
  • Muscle Weakness
  • Nail and Nail Bed Infection
  • Nausea
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Neurogenic Bladder
  • Nighttime Urination (Nocturia)
  • Noninfectious Gastroenteritis and Colitis
  • Nosebleed
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Otitis Media
  • Outer Ear Infection
  • Overactive Bladder
  • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
  • Pericardial Disease
  • Perimenopause
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Pharyngitis
  • Phlebitis and Thrombophlebitis
  • Pinkeye (Conjunctivitis)
  • Plantar Fasciitis
  • Pneumonia
  • Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR)
  • Polymyositis
  • Rosacea
  • Sarcoidosis
  • Seborrheic Dermatitis
  • Sepsis
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Shingles
  • Thrombosis
  • Thyroid Disease
  • Tinnitus
  • Tobacco Use Disorder
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Tremor
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Ulcer
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Stones
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Vaginitis and-or Vaginosis

• Uthsca University Hospital Va Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1991
  • Uthsca University Hospital Va Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1993

Dr. Yoo has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Yoo does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Yoo and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Yoo's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Yoo to family and friends
Dr. Yoo's Performance
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Yoo is a caring, competent, compassionate, personable and utterly professional physician. I would highly recommend him without reservation. He sets the standard for quality. Additionally, he listens to my concerns and I never feel rushed. In today’s turbulent health care environment Dr. Yoo is a rarity.
San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Yoo is a very caring, professional physician. He can always be counted on to provide excellent medical advice. I highly recommend him.
San Antonio, TX |
Good, thorough exam & diagnosis.
Thank you for the positive feedback! We appreciate the kind words.
in San Antonio, TX |
I have been a patient of Dr. Harrison Yoo for approximately five years and have been pleased with his professional courtesy extended on each visit. I developed pneumonia last July. The symptoms were there but he had a difficult time locating the specific sound from my lungs necessary to be certain it was pneumonia. He stayed with the examination until he finally said "Ah, there it is." The exam took longer than usual, but he was determined to find the proof necessary. Thanks again, Dr Yoo!
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Yoo has been my primary care physician for several years. He is personable, knowledgeable and has my best interest at heart. He always explains clearly what he recommends, and he seems interested in improving my health. I can recommend him 100% if someone is looking for a primary care physician.
Thank you for giving us a great review! Our dedicated staff takes great pride in serving our patients. Our practice aims to deliver the highest quality patient care
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Yoo has been my PCP since moving to San Antonio in 2000. He does such a wonderful job explaining things and his bedside manner is second to none. The nurses and support staff are equally impressive. Everyone is very professional and his office is always clean and orderly. Dr. Yoo is honestly the best PCP I’ve ever had and I pray that he will be my doctor for many years to come.
Thank you for connecting with us about this experience with Dr. Yoo. We will be sure to pass this appreciation along.We strive to provide the highest quality in patient care. We love to hear about these positive experiences!
Houston, TX |
It doesn’t get any better. You leave with the knowledge that Dr Yoo heard your symptoms and provided understandable remedies.
Thank you for connecting with us about this experience. We will be sure to pass this appreciation along to Dr. Yoo.
San Antonio, TX |
I've been seeing Dr. Yoo for quite a while now and I'm probably more comfortable with him than any other doctor that I've ever regularly gone to. He's very personable and always takes the time to attend to my needs and is genuinely concerned for my health.
in San Antonio, TX |
Always very thorough no matter what you problem is.
We strive to provide the highest quality in patient care. Thank you so much for sharing this with us!
San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Yoo is a terrific doctor. He spends time with his patients and thoroughly explains everything. His staff is excellent as well.
Thank you for connecting with us about this experience with our staff. We will be sure to pass this appreciation along.
in TX |
Dr Yoo has been my primary care doctor for @10 years. What I can say about Dr Yoo is that he leads by example. What I mean by that is he is an overall healthy guy. He eats right, exercises regularly, is energetic, has a positive attitude and shows a genuine concern about my health. He doesn't force me to take medicines that I don't want to take, but rather discusses the pros and cons. I view him as my guidance counselor and partner In keeping me healthy.
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr Yoo treats you as you are his only patient that day. He takes the time to explain your lab results and gives you the information needed so you can make the choices with the treatment you wish to take. he is the best!
Thank you for connecting with us about this experience with our Dr. Yoo. We will be sure to pass this appreciation along.
Most definitely.
in San Antonio, TX |
DR Yoo is a very caring Dr and his care for his patient's is outstanding. Just this past week we where discussing a certain medical issue that I am dealing with and we he left the room he told me he would be praying for me. That really got to me and I was so appreciative.
Thank you for connecting with us about this experience. We will be sure to pass this appreciation along.
San Antonio, TX |
Excellent, up-to-date, caring doctor. He takes the time to answer questions, and he also listens to patient concerns.
San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Yoo has been taking care of my husband and I for about 15 years. We both have been pleased with the time he spends with us and the excellent care he continues to provide. Recently had an illness and was provided an appointment the same day. The waiting room is clean; and when other patients have contagious illnesses, that patient is provided a mask to ensure other patients are kept healthy. In addition, Dr. Yoo has a pleasant personality to accompany his excellent medical knowledge.
New York, NY |
Dr. Yoo is an extremely professional physician who combines an obvious compassion with his treatment protocol. He is particularly adept at patient education and devotes the time required to explain the specifics of what is medically indicated. I recommend Dr. Yoo without reservation for anyone in need of a first class Internist....he has never let me down.
in San Antonio, TX |
My wife and I have been seeing doctor Yoo for over 25 years and we trust him with our lives; that says it all!
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Yoo has been my personal physician for a long time now. He has always been a thoughtful, thorough diagnostician with his primary concern the well-being of his patient. On several occasions I have found it necessary to seek an emergency appointment. Dr. Yoo has always taken the time to see me and deal with the issue. This approach is not limited to the doctor. His staff is a working extension of his philosophy.
in San Antonio, TX |
I highly recommend Dr. Yoo to others. Dr. Yoo has been taking care of my family and friends for almost 20 years. You will not find a more caring and genuine Doctor than Dr. Yoo.
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Yoo and his staff are the best! Always get a return phone call with a question, get an appointment and Dr. Yoo has the best bedside manner. I never feel rushed out of the office. Thankful for him!!
in San Antonio, TX |
Absolutely! Dr. Yoo has been our Internal Medicine physician for 15+ years. He is careful to listen to our concerns and then always provides clear explanations for the expectations for any medicines that he then provides via prescriptions. Follow up appointments are always easily made after each appointment. We have had a couple of medically urgent situations that require an unscheduled office visit, and they were handled without delay. Always a warm and positive outlook.
San Antonio, TX |
Great doctor, very kind and patient. Also has a very good staff. The best of the best!
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Yoo is a kind, considerate and compassionate physician. He never hurries, he listens to my concerns and offers conservative and acceptable options. If I think I have a need for an office visit I am never told no. His office is efficient and well organized.
in san antonio, tx |
DR.Yoo has been my Doctor the past 15 years. There is not anyone that could take his place. He is the most caring physician you will ever have or pray for. To me he is a miracle in my life. He is patient and kind and highly intelligent and cares deeply for his patients! I highly recommend him!
in San Antonio, Texas |
My family and I have had Dr Yoo as our primary care Dr for 15+ years. He is easy to talk to and listens to you. I have never felt he was rushing me out the door. He is brilliant and we all have the utmost confidence in him as our Doctor.
in San Antonio, TX |
Frendly, efficient, and thorough! What me could you ask of a doctor.
Long wait time poor care bad diagnosis, running late on first appointment of the day.
Thorough and caring.
in Helotes, TX |
I am a patient of Dr. Harrison Yoo more than 20 years for medical needs. He taking time to explain the new medications used in clear, gentle ways. I feel like being treated as a member of the family. I am so grateful to have him as my Doctor. Thank you Dr. Yoo and his staff. Ly Box
Have you seen Dr. Harrison Yoo, MD?

Visit Dr. Yoo

Not Accepting New Patients
Dr. Yoo accepts 23 insurance carriers
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
    Blue Choice
  • CoreSource
    Emblem Health
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
  • Health Net
    Tricare
  • HealthFirst
    Preferred PPO
    Tricare
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Medical Mutual of Ohio