Dr. Harriet Schanzer, MD

Dr. Harriet Schanzer, MD

Family Medicine  |

Contact provider for availability

Dr. Harriet Schanzer, MD is a family medicine doctor who practices in Chester, VA. She is 64 years old and has been practicing for 34 years. Dr. Schanzer is affiliated with CJW Medical Center - Chippenham and Johnston-Willis Hospital.

Learn about Dr. Schanzer

Dr. Schanzer's Experience

Dr. Schanzer's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine
  • Board certified in Family Practice

• Family Practice
    Accredited by: American Board of Family Medicine*

• Audiometry

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

• State University of New York At Buffalo
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1974
  • Virginia Commonwealth University
    Medical School | Graduated 1983
  • Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1984
  • Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1986

Dr. Schanzer has no media or publications listed.

• French

Dr. Schanzer does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Schanzer and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Schanzer's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Schanzer to family and friends
Dr. Schanzer's Performance
in Richmond, VA |
Dr. Schanzer takes the time to get to know her patients personally, and genuinely takes an interest in their lives. She truly cares about her patients and their families. I don't know what I would do without her as my physician! Dr. Schanzer is truly the best!!
Richmond, VA |
Dr. Schanzer was professional in every way. She showed an interest and didn't rush through the visit. She followed up with what she felt would be good for me at that time.
Richmond, VA |
I would recommend Dr. Schanzer because she is very thorough. She talks to you and finds out if you have any medical issues. She reminds you of tests that you should have based on your age or family history.
in Amelia Court House, VA |
Our family have been seeing Dr. Schanzer for 30 yrs. wouldn't have it any other way.
Philadelphia, PA |
I am a very satisfied patient of Dr. Schanzer for over 20 years. She is a great listener. She goes the extra mile to help with my issues I have great confidence in her decisions for care and recommend her to others.
in Richmond, VA |
My husband and I started going to Dr Schanzer shortly after she began practicing. We also took our 3 children. She has consistently provided the highest level of care. She is competent & compassionate, along with a great sense of humor and we re lucky to be in her care.
in Midlothian, VA |
Dr, Schanzer is a very caring doctor, She goes out of her way to make sure you get the care you need. She is a wonderful doctor. She has been my doctor for many years, and I feel lucky to have a doctor like her.
Richmond, VA |
I appreciated getting an appointment within 2 hours of calling the office. Dr. Schanzer was very familiar with my problem, gave me information I had previously not been given, ordered medication and I was on my way. Also everyone in the office is pleasant and helpful.
in Chesterfield Va. |
I've been a patient of Dr. Schanzer for over 20 years. She is an Awesome Dr. & person. I have the utmost Trust & Faith in her. She has actually saved me over the phone one time when the ER said I had anxiety I'd be fine. But migraines, vomiting, swelling ? I called the office; I got Dr. exchange; she was the Dr. on call ! She called me back; I explained the above; and she said; id become allergic to my Blood Pressure meds. Stop taking & the phone # to your pharmacy ! Years later; doing Great ??
in North Chesterfield VA |
Dr. Schanzer Is the epitome of who and what a doctor should be. She is so knowledgeable, caring, compassionate. She listens to you, and is never in a hurry. There really are no words for me to describe how I feel about her. For me I just feel she is just at the other end of the telephone when I need her. She has been my doctor for close to 30 years. I just pray she will not retire before I leave this earth!!
Thank you for connecting with us about this experience with our staff. We will be sure to pass this appreciation along.
in Chester, VA |
Dr. Schanzer has been my family's physician for years. She is competent, efficient, plain-spoken, and kind. I would hate to change to another doctor. Once, when my insurance was changed by my employer and I thought I would lose Dr. Schanzer, I considered keeping her and leaving the insurance company. Thank goodness I did not have to make that decision. My health over these many years have presented problems. She is a great diagnostician and problem-solver. My specialists respect her.
in Powhatan, Va. 23139 |
Dr. Schanzer has taken care of our family for years and we drive 50 miles to have her care for us. She is a wonderful doctor and she genuinely cares about her patients. I would recommend her to anyone and you would be very lucky to have her for your physician.
Richmond, VA |
Dr. Schanzer is a knowledgeable caring physician who has a no nonsense way of treating patients. She is through and does not waste my time.
Midlothian, VA |
Dr. Schanzer is Absolutely wonderful! She has been my physician for all of my adult life. She is pleasant and caring and doesn't forget anything. If there is an abnormal finding, she will pursue a final diagnosis. Each specialist she has referred me to thinks highly of her. She is unique in the sense that she takes care of you entirely. I always feel better when I walk out of her office.
in Chester, VA |
She is always thorough and pleasant and I feel very comfortable with her
Richmond, VA |
Dr.Schanzer is a very caring physician and my daughter goes to her as well and I'm very confident in her recommendations? for our healthcare
Dr. Schanzer is simply the best doctor anyone can ask for. She is thorough and threats you with respect and explains things to you. She deals with you as a whole person! I have since moved to another state and find myself missing her.
in Richmond, VA |
Another great experience. Wait time was less than 15 min, (the last three visits) Dr. Schanzer is simply amazing ! This is the place to go for health care.
Midlothian, VA |
Dr.Schanzer is a great doctor.She remembers her patients & their families.She makes you feel comfortable, she doesn't judge,.She really cares about your health. I am a diabetic & she has been on the journey with me all of the way.Thanks to her I have lost 30 plus pounds & doing good.
in Richmond, VA |
She is the best...very professional and caring...
Burkeville, VA |
I have been a patient of Dr. Schanzer for over 20 years, and she is simply the best -- very thorough, never dumbs down information, and very up to date on medical information. I would recommend her to anyone looking for a superb internal medicine and family practice physician.
Hopewell, VA |
Dr. Harriet Schanzer is a wonderful physician. She is compassionate , knowledgeable, easy to talk to and always takes time to listen to my concerns.
in Richmond, VA N. Chesterfield |
I give the same as in my fist survey. She is considerate, friendly and really cares fo me to remain well.
Midlothian, VA |
I think she is the best doctor in RVA. She always takes time to listen, came in to see me last week on her day off and even called me on Saturday to share my test results.
in Chesterfield, VA |
She is very caring and easy to talk to. Dr Schanzer takes time with you and gets to know you.
Have you seen Dr. Harriet Schanzer, MD?

Visit Dr. Schanzer

• CHAMPVA
  • CoreSource
    Southern Health PPO
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
  • Health Net
    Medicare Advantage PFFS
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Mutual of Omaha