Dr. Haroutioun Shahinian, MD

Dr. Haroutioun Shahinian, MD

Oncology  |

Dr. Haroutioun Shahinian, MD is an oncology doctor who practices in El Paso, TX. He is 61 years old and has been practicing for 31 years. Dr. Shahinian is affiliated with University Medical Center of El Paso, Sierra Medical Center, Providence Memorial Hospital, Sierra Providence East Medical Center, Del Sol Medical Center and Las Palmas Medical Center.

• Ambetter
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Mexico
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Molina Healthcare

Learn about Dr. Shahinian

Dr. Shahinian's Experience

Dr. Shahinian's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Oncology
  • Board certified in Hematology, Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology and Oncology

• Oncology

• All Lymphoma
  • Anal Disorders
  • Anal and Rectal Cancer
  • Anemia
  • Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
  • Bile Duct Cancer
  • Bladder Cancer
  • Bleeding Disorders
  • Blood Disorders
  • Bone Cancer
  • Brain Cancer
  • Breast Cancer
  • Cervical Cancer
  • Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML)
  • Coagulation Disorders (incl. Hemophilia)
  • Colorectal Cancer
  • Cryoglobulinemia
  • Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • ENT Cancer
  • Gynecologic Cancer
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Hodgkin's Disease
  • Hypercoagulable State
  • Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP)
  • Kidney Cancer
  • Pancytopenia
  • Pleural Cancer
  • Polycythemia Rubra Vera
  • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
  • Primary Hypercoagulable State (incl. Factor V Leiden Disease)
  • Prostate Cancer

• Union Memorial Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1992
  • University Of Alabama Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Shahinian has no media or publications listed.

• Armenian

Dr. Shahinian does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shahinian and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Shahinian's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Shahinian to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Shahinian's Performance
in Horizon City |
I've been Dr Shahinian's patient since 1997. Dr. Shanianian takes his time and is very thorough. Has a personal interest in his patients, is caring and considerate. His staff is responsive and knowledgeable. The nurses are efficient and very compassionate. Couldn't be more satisfied!
in El Paso, TX |
I have been seeing the doctor Shahinian for 2 years and 6 months. He is a doctor that is worth waiting for since he does accept all insurances that other doctors do not accept. There is a long wait just like any other doctor but his bedside manner is amazing. He sees everyone that needs to be seen in his office and at the hospital. He listens and explains the care needed to help us out. I would not change him for another doctor. DEFINITELY WORTH THE WAIT!!!! AND I AM NOT A PATIENT PERSON.
in El Paso |
I am very pleased with Dr.Shahinian he is an excellent doctor ...He is very serious so don't expect bubbly he is honest and firm. I am not the kind of person to give great rating unless it's deserved. Dr. Shahinian you deserve 5+ ??. Thank you
in El Paso, TX |
My name is Daniel Arellano and have been a patient of Dr. Shahanian since 2002. I credit Dr Shahinian for diagnosing my illness of mylodysplastic syndrome and keeping it under control . His knowledge and excellent care has allowed me to live a longer time. When I have had hospital stays he is on top of the problem helping me on getting well.I can truly say I owe being alive to him. Thank you Dr and Mrs.Shahanian for everything .
in El Paso, TX |
I was referred to Dr. Haroutioun Shahinian by my primary doctor, Dr. Jose Barahona for lymphoma cancer stage 4. My treatment included 6 cycles. During this time my office visits, chemotherapy and labs where completed in a professional and caring manner. Dr. Shahinian and his staff where very supportive through the treatments and the most memorable thing will be their smiles and kindness. When you go through a painful illness; the simplest, selfless and sincere actions make a world of difference
El Paso, TX |
Dr. Shahinian has always been warm and friendly. My aunt is his patient. He takes the time to explain things. If we have any questions he is more than happy to answer them. We never feel rushed and he takes his time to examine and ask questions about my aunt's health and dispenses advice and recommendations about what things she needs to do to improve her health. All his office & clinic staff are friendly. Nurses Melissa & Terri are so nice & hardworking. The same goes for those in the lab.
in El Paso, Tx |
Dr. Shahinian and his staff are amazing!!!! They are very professional and understanding. My family was faced with bad news of cancer and the doctor was empathetic and her optimistic. The nurses watch over the patients like family!!!!
in El Paso, TX |
My visits with Dr. Shahinian are wonderful, he explains everything to me in great detail. I get treated like family at all my visits. I recommend Dr. Shahinian to all my friends and family. I feel so comfortable at all my appointments.
in El Paso, TX |
Dr. Shahinian is very caring. I have recommended him and will continue to do so. He was very attentive and I felt hopeful through my experience. The staff was caring and patient with me he took time to answer my questions.
in El paso, TX |
Dr. Shahanian has given us hope and He has treated my wife like a family and has made her feel she will be fine. I thank him for taking care of her with such professionalism and compassion. In a heart beat I will recommend him to anyone who need help.
in El Paso, TX |
When I was given the cancer diagnosis, I was scared, shocked and in disbelief, Dr. Shahinian was compassionate and made me feel at ease and confident that he was on my side. He discussed at length with my husband and I the options we had; we felt he was on our Team. He helped us find the right surgeon, answered our questions/confusions and explained the treatments that I was to take in the next months. His staff is very friendly; the Chemo nurses are tremendously knowledgeable and caring.
in El Paso, TX |
A very professional doctor very friendly and very understandable. The office is always clean and the receptionist are always kind and very helpful.. I would totally recommend this place...
in El Paso, TX |
Dr. Shahinian is a wonderful and excellent doctor! He is the absolute best and I would highly recommend him. He is very attentive and takes time to answer all questions.
in El Paso, TX |
I have known dr shahinian for 24 years as his patient he treated me comprehensively with great respect and dignity he was always thorough and extremely knowledgable . I am very satisfied with his services and looking forward to another 24 years god willing
in El Paso, TX |
I have being taking my mother to dr. shahinian for about 15 years. (since 2002). she was diagnosed with severe anemia in a dangerous level. dr. shahinian has maintained an excellent control of that condition. I take my mother to different doctors and when they ask who is conroling her problem, they are very please to know is dr. shahinian. neither my mother or myself would change to another dr. we are so very please with his services.
in El Paso Tx. |
Very caring n patient. Answered all my questions, very reassuring and explained all my treatments. Has such a positive attitude toward my recovery.
in Fabens TX |
Dr. S is by far the best Dr. Ever!! He's caring, he listens to what I have to say, he's very kind???? I'm so blessed that I have him as my oncologist when I'm not my best he tries to figure out the problem.. I recommend him to ppl who r looking 4 a great oncologist..GOD bless Dr S he's been a great amazing oncologist. He gives great advice on what he thinks is the best options.. I trust him he doesn't hurry me up..
in El Paso, Tx |
My experience has been pleasant throughout my treatments. I have only had a couple of set backs on treatment schedule but all in all going as scheduled. The doctor and nursing staff have been excellent, very friendly and courteous.
El Paso, TX |
My experience with this doctor has been very satisfactory. From our very first office visit to the present, I have been extremely impressed with the immediate care proffered to me. In my opinion, I am in exactly the right hands.
El Paso, TX |
GPH- El Paso: I have such an excellent patient experience with Dr. Shahinian. I received a high standard of care and services from him and his staff. During my visit, he updates me of my health condition, do a thorough physical exam and interview with emphasis on my disease condition. He listens to my concern and doesn't act like he needs to hurry up to see other patients. The staff are very accommodating with regards to giving my preferred date and time for my next appointment.
in El Paso, TX |
I had a positive experience with Dr. S. The staff was professional and endearing to me. I had remarkable faith and trust with my doctor. He explained everything professionally and with much care. He spent quality time with me and never rushed my appointments. He was sweet and funny. I did everything he instructed me to do.Today, I run marathons and cycle. I got to witness the birth of my granddaughter. I am alive because of my doctor Shaninian.
El Paso, TX |
I had leukemia and was fortunate to have Dr. Shahinian as one of my doctors. I found him to be a very caring and competent doctor. When I was not doing well you could see it in his face how my heath really bothered him. He is not only a very good doctor, but is also a very good person who truly cares about his patients. I have been in remission for 7 years and credit him and his wonder staff for my good fortune. I would definitely recommend him if your looking for a good oncologist.
in el paso, tx |
DR. SHAHINIAN TREATED ME, WHEN EVEN MD ANDERSON REJECTED ME. I HAVE A RARE CONDITION VASCULAR GROWTH CALLED HEMANGINOMAS. HE PERFORMED 10 TESTS, LOCATED 7 VASCULAR TUMORS. I HAD 4 PREVIOUS RADIATIONS ,15 SURGERIES, THANKFULLY, HE DECISIVELY TOOK OVER MY CASE,WORKED WITH PRIMARY DOCTOR. HE AGGRESIVELY RESEARCHED MY CASE. CONTACTED MAYO CLINIC, WHEREBY, WORKS ALONGSIDE MAYO PHYSICIANS TO OBTAIN BEST CARE. CONSTANT TESTS,EVALUATIONS,REVIEWS HAVE PROVED LIFESAVING. CALLS PATIENT HIMSELF,WOW!
Irving, TX |
Frustrating experience. Staff lacks communication & organization. Staff follow through is horrible. If I would call with a pending issue, the staff would never call me back with an update even though the staff would commit to call me back. Also, when I would call back with an update nothing would have been done to provide me with an update. Partnering Doctor would forget what procedures he had ordered for my mother. Staff should be working at their optimum especially with cancer patient.
in El Paso Tx |
Our personal experience was not the best. Our family member was given false information about his scan. As it is cancer is hard to deal with and given wrong results can take an emotional toll on patient. When our family member said he believed his primary cancer returned they insisted it was side effects of secondary treatment. No effort to check if indeed it had. We ended up switching doctors . They actually listened and indeed primary had returned..
in Kyle, TX |
Went to this doctor and his associates for 5 years. They were great. Only reason I left them was because I moved out of the El Paso area.
in El Paso, TX |
Was not good at relating information to a family member of ours of her condition. Did not communicate with her other doctor at MD Anderson. Very disappointed.
Have you seen Dr. Haroutioun Shahinian, MD?
Are you Dr. Shahinian?

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Mexico
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
    Blue Advantage HMO
    Blue Choice
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
    Preferred PPO
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Molina Healthcare
  • Presbyterian Health Plan
    Presbyterian Health Plan, Inc.

Hospitals where Dr. Shahinian has admitting privileges