Dr. Harold Sokol, MD
Pulmonary Disease•Male•Age 65
Pulmonary & Critical Care Srvcs5 Palisades Dr Ste 100 Albany, NY 12205
Dr. Harold Sokol, MD is a Pulmonologist in Albany, NY and has over 42 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Sokol has more experience with Obstructive Lung Disease, Sleep Apnea, and Pulmonary Vascular Conditions than other specialists in his area. He graduated from Albany Medical College medical school in 1979. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Albany Memorial Hospital and Saint Peter's Hospital. He has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Sokol to book an appointment.
Healthgrades Provider Compare™
Quickly compare more Pulmonologists in your area
Dr. Sokol is affiliated with Saint Peter's Hospital Albany, a highly rated and top awarded hospital for pulmonary disease.
At a Glance
Experience and Background Checks
Frequently Treated by Dr. Sokol
Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Sokol treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Sokol treats other conditions, please contact the office at (518) 438-4496.
Obstructive Lung Disease
Obstructive lung disease specialists diagnose and treat conditions including COPD, emphysema, asthma and cystic fibrosis that cause blockages or narrowing in the airways of the lungs, making breathing difficult.Compare with other specialists.
Dr. Sokol is experienced in the area of Obstructive Lung Disease. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.
Based on claims data for 5 conditions and procedures
Sleep-disordered breathing specialists diagnose and treat conditions, such as snoring or obstructive sleep apnea, in which breathing is interrupted during sleep, resulting in symptoms of fatigue, irritability and high blood pressure.Compare with other specialists.
Dr. Sokol is experienced in the area of Sleep Apnea. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.
Based on claims data for 2 conditions and procedures
Pulmonary Vascular Conditions
Pulmonary vascular specialists diagnose and treat conditions affecting the flow of blood between the heart and lungs, including pulmonary hypertension and pulmonary embolism.Compare with other specialists.
Dr. Sokol is experienced in the area of Pulmonary Vascular Conditions. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.
Based on claims data for 3 conditions and procedures
Check Dr. Sokol's experience treating your condition or procedure
Dr. Sokol's conditions and procedures:
- Acute Bronchitis
- Acute Upper Respiratory Infection
- Arterial Blood Gas Test (ABG)
- Bronchopulmonary Aspergillosis
- Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
- Classic Polyarteritis Nodosa
- Collapsed Lung (Pneumothorax)
- COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
- Influenza (Flu)
- Interstitial Lung Disease
- Low Blood Oxygen Level
- Lung Abscess
- Lung Neoplasms, Not Specified as Malignant
- Lung Nodule
- Metastatic Respiratory System Cancer
- Mycobacterial Lung Infection
- Partial Lung Collapse
- Pleural Effusion
- Pneumoconiosis and Pneumonopathy
- Pneumonitis (Due to Solids or Liquids)
- Primary Pulmonary Hypertension
- Pulmonary Embolism
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation Services
- Respiratory Failure
- Respiratory Management
- Rheumatoid Lung Disease
- Shortness of Breath
- Sleep Apnea
- Sleep Study
- Smoking Cessation Counseling
- Swine Flu
- Systemic Sclerosis
- Wegener's Granulomatosis
Search for your insurance provider
Dr. Sokol accepts
Accepted insurance can change. Please double-check when making an appointment.
Dr. Sokol accepts the following insurance:
- Choice Plus POS II
- Blue Access (Select Network)-NY
- Blue Priority (Select Network)-NY
- Empire (Select Network)-NY POS
- National (BlueCard Basic) PPO
- National (BlueCard) PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- HealthyBlue 2.0
- HealthyBlue Advantage
- Cigna PPO
- Open Access Plus
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
- First Health (Coventry Health Care) PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care PPO
- Choice Care PPO