Dr. Harold Sokol, MD
Pulmonary Disease•Male•Age 67
Dr. Harold Sokol, MD is a Pulmonologist in Albany, NY and has over 44 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Sokol has extensive experience in Obstructive Lung Disease, Sleep Apnea, and Pulmonary Vascular Conditions. He graduated from ALBANY MEDICAL COLLEGE in 1979. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Albany Memorial Hospital and Saint Peter's Hospital. His office accepts telehealth appointments.
Pulmonary & Critical Care Srvcs5 Palisades Dr Ste 100 Albany, NY 12205
- Offers TelehealthThis provider offers telehealth appointments. Call the office to schedule an appointment.
- Practices at Top HospitalPulmonary Care Excellence Award™ • See hospitals
Get better prescription prices
Experience and Background Checks
Frequently Treated by Dr. Sokol
Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Sokol treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Sokol treats other conditions, please contact the office at (518) 438-4496.
Obstructive Lung Disease
Obstructive lung disease specialists diagnose and treat conditions including COPD, emphysema, asthma and cystic fibrosis that cause blockages or narrowing in the airways of the lungs, making breathing difficult.Compare with other Obstructive Lung Disease specialists.
Dr. Sokol is experienced in the area of Obstructive Lung Disease. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.
Based on claims data for 5 conditions and procedures
Sleep-disordered breathing specialists diagnose and treat conditions, such as snoring or obstructive sleep apnea, in which breathing is interrupted during sleep, resulting in symptoms of fatigue, irritability and high blood pressure.Compare with other Sleep Apnea specialists.
Dr. Sokol is experienced in the area of Sleep Apnea. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.
Based on claims data for 2 conditions and procedures
Pulmonary Vascular Conditions
Pulmonary vascular specialists diagnose and treat conditions affecting the flow of blood between the heart and lungs, including pulmonary hypertension and pulmonary embolism.Compare with other Pulmonary Vascular Conditions specialists.
Dr. Sokol is experienced in the area of Pulmonary Vascular Conditions. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.
Based on claims data for 3 conditions and procedures
Check Dr. Sokol's experience treating your condition or procedure
Dr. Sokol's conditions and procedures:
- Acute Bronchitis
- Acute Upper Respiratory Infection
- Arterial Blood Gas Test (ABG)
- Bronchopulmonary Aspergillosis
- Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
- Collapsed Lung (Pneumothorax)
- COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
- Influenza (Flu)
- Interstitial Lung Disease
- Low Blood Oxygen Level
- Lung Abscess
- Lung Nodule
- Metastatic Respiratory System Cancer
- Mycobacterial Lung Infection
- Partial Lung Collapse
- Pleural Effusion
- Pneumoconiosis and Pneumonopathy
- Pneumonitis (Due to Solids or Liquids)
- Primary Pulmonary Hypertension
- Pulmonary Embolism
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation Services
- Respiratory Failure
- Respiratory Management
- Rheumatoid Lung Disease
- Shortness of Breath
- Sleep Apnea
- Sleep Study
- Smoking Cessation Counseling
- Swine Flu
- Systemic Sclerosis
- Wegener's Granulomatosis
Search for your insurance provider
Dr. Sokol accepts
Accepted insurance can change. Please double-check when making an appointment.
Dr. Sokol accepts the following insurance:
- Choice Plus POS II
- Elect Choice (Open Access) EPO
- Managed Choice (Open Access) POS
- Open Choice PPO
- Premier Care Network APCN Choice (OAMC) POS II
- Premier Care Network Plus - Innovation Health
- Savings Plus of Metro, NY
- Personal Choice PPO
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Massachusetts
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts PPO
- Preferred Blue PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Card PPO
- Blue Shield of Northeastern New York
- 200 Series HMO
- Capital Blue Cross
- Capital Blue Cross PPO
- Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
- Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP) PPO
- National EPO
- Cigna PPO
- Open Access Plus
- Flex Connecticut EPO
- Passage HMO
- GHI CBP
- HIP Prime HMO
- Select Care Small Group
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Acess Employer Sponsored
- Blue Priority NY EPO
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
- Empire Hospital
- Empire Hospital/Medical (Trad)
- Excellus BlueCross BlueShield
- BluePPO HSA PPO
- SimplyBlue/Simply Blue Plus PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care PPO
- Choice Care Network PPO
- Choice Care PPO
- Choice POS
- MagnaCare PPO
- MVP Health Care
- MVP Health Care HMO
- MVP Health Plan EPO
- Choice Plus POS
- Medica Choice
- Navigate HMO
- Navigate POS
- Nexus Open Access
- Options PPO
Your trust is our top concern.
We strive to keep the reviews trustworthy, honest & fair.
We monitor all reviews to ensure they comply with our guidelines and don’t include personal information, profanity, libel, defamation, harassment, obscenity or fraud.
All reviews are confirmed and audited before publication, and community members have the ability to flag inappropriate content for further review by our team.
Doctors can not pay for good reviews, nor can they pay to have negative reviews removed.
Any reviews that are deemed fraudulent or violate our guidelines will be removed immediately.