Dr. Harold Schutte, MD

Dr. Harold Schutte, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Charleston Institute for Advanced Orthopedics 851 Leonard Fulghum Dr Ste 101 Mt Pleasant, SC 29464 Get Directions

Dr. Harold Schutte, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Mt Pleasant, SC. He is 59 years old and has been practicing for 33 years. Dr. Schutte is affiliated with East Cooper Medical Center.

Dr. Schutte's Experience

See how Dr. Schutte's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Schutte

Dr. Schutte accepts 40 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Schutte has admitting privileges.

Dr. Schutte's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Schutte to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Schutte's Performance
in Mount Pleasant, SC |
Dr. Schutte corrected a knee that had been poorly replaced last year. The results have been excellent. He consulted with me prior to surgery, and then his assistants stayed with me as long as I needed to fully understand the medical process. They are knowledgeable and very dedicated women, and I totally trusted all would go well. A few of the office staff were not pleasant or courteous. There were many pages of forms with repetitive questions to be filled in. It took well over 1/2 hour.
in Mount Pleasant, SC |
I had my left hip replaced by Dr. Schutte and his team. The Comprehensive Joint Program at East Cooper Medical Center is the best program in the country. The staff at Charleston Institute for Advanced Orthopedics is the best. I felt safe and well cared for throughout the entire process, even through the follow up visits. I highly recommend Dr. Schutte! And yes, I have sent several of my neighbors to him!
in Pawleys Island, SC |
Dr Schutte replaced my right knee back on January 19th, The Surgery went smooth. Rehab was tough but I heard thats how it is. 3 months out feeling great with awesome range of motion. I would strongly recommend Dr. Schutte for Knee Replacement Surgery.
in Mount Pleasant, SC |
First visit and did not see doctor hence my poor reviews about time spent etc. Only met with his PA who well competent it seemed recommended a knee replacement surgery. That should have been confirmed by the physician at minimum! Gave me the impression of a chop shop where doc too busy in surgery to bother with first time patients. Maybe my age at 60+ was factor? Not saying diagnosis was wrong but experience made me feel ignored and wondering if first time I would see the Dr was in surgery.
in Summerville, SC |
Just want to thank Dr. Schutti for the amazing operation he performed on my shoulder. I have not had the pain that I once had and him and his entire staff were wonderful in every way. Special thanks go to Amy Tammy, Robin and Lorrie of the diabtic nurse dept. They were wonderful and were very supportive of my fears and concerns. I can not recommend Dr. Schutti enough . He has an awesome personality and bedside manor and I certainly will recommend him to my friends in the future.
in Mount Pleasant, SC |
I went to see Dr Schutte because I'd had pain for more than a year and MRI's and other doctors had not been able to help or explain what was wrong. I thought my active days were over. His team was able to show me on x-rays and explain what was causing the pain. As a group, they helped arrange a surgery and hospital date within two weeks. They took the time to explain what was going to happen and what I needed to do to make a full recovery. Now I sleep all night and do what I want. Thanks!
in Sumter, SC |
Dr Schutte not only does excellent surgery, but has a wonderful bedside manner.
in Andrews, SC |
Dr. Schutte has replaced both of my knees, first one in 2012 while he was still at MUSC, and the second in January of this year. I cannot say enough about how pleased I am with both procedures. I did a lot of research, especially talking to nurses, therapists, etc. that knew of his work. Comments like, When my mom needs a replacement, he's the one we're using. His team is also excellent and they all work together seamlessly, I would not use anyone else, we're so blessed to have him near!
in North Charleston, SC |
I can't say enough good things about my hip replacement surgery with Dr Schulte and East Cooper Medical Center. I had the other side done around three years ago by a different surgeon an a downtown Charleston hospital and this time I think it was a much easier experience for me.
in Columbia, SC |
My. experience with Dr. Schutte and his team was amazing. In all of my years navigating through the maze of medical care, particularly orthopedic practices, I have never encountered a more professionally organized and efficiently run practice. My initial appt., preop. appt, and surgery date were all scheduled quickly and I was totally satisfied with every aspect. The most important outcome, however, is the surgical one. And mine is just short of a miracle! Skilled Dr. and fabulous team! Kudos
in North Charleston, SC |
Dr Schutte is outstanding! He was very informative, personable, & caring in the office visit prior to my husband's hip replacement yesterday. That same approach was evident both before and after surgery while my husband stayed in East Cooper Hospital overnight. The pre and post surgery training classes were extremely informative too! He even prayed over my husband before surgery. ?? Highly recommend Dr Schutte!
in Myrtle Beach, SC |
I have had two total knee replacements, Jan. 4th and Feb. 9th. I am very pleased with the results. Dr. Schutte made me feel confident that he could help me.
in Isle of Palms, SC |
Highly knowledgeable and experienced. I consider him an expert in hip replacement.
in Isle of palms, SC |
It is nice to feel completely confident with your doctor's abilities. He did a great job on my surgery and has always been so attentive and thorough.
in Kershaw, SC |
Wonderful! So knowledgeable and self-assuring. Took time to discuss condition and what could be done!! I've already told friends they should make the lengthy trip to Mt. Pleasant to see him!,
in Manning, SC |
very good doctor. appointment times are not on schedule. doctor seems to be too busy to spend adequate time with patient. I was told to be at hospital @ 6:30 am for 8:00am surgery. Surgery did not happen until around 11:00am, If I had known that, I would not have wasted money on renting motel. I still think Dr. Schutte is a very good & qualified doctor.
Have you seen Dr. Harold Schutte, MD?
Are you Dr. Schutte?

Compare Dr. Schutte

Dr. Schutte's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery and Pediatrics
  •  Malpractice claims in South Carolina not available

Dr. Schutte has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for South Carolina.

Why It Matters: Dr. Schutte's Board Certifications

• Baker’s Cyst
  • Bone Cancer
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Limb Cramp

Loma Linda University

Graduated in 1984

Meml Mission Hosp
    Tennessee

Dr. Schutte does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Schutte and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• All Shoulder or Elbow Replacement Procedures