Dermatology  |
Dr. Douglas New, MD
Dr. Douglas New, MD is a dermatology doctor who practices in Abingdon, VA. He is 37 years old. Dr. New is affiliated with Mountain States Health Alliance - Johnston Memorial Hospital.

HMG Dermatology

617 Campus Dr

Abingdon, VA 24210

Learn about Dr. New

Dr. New's Experience

Dr. New's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Dermatology

• Dermatology

Dr. New does not have any board certifications listed.

• Acne
  • Jock Itch
  • Keloid Scar
  • Lichen Planus
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Psoriasis

• Skin Cancer Removal
  • Skin Surgery
  • Skin Tag Removal
  • Wart Removal

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

Education data for Dr. New is unavailable at this time.

Dr. New has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. New has no media or publications listed.

Dr. New does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. New and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. New's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. New to family and friends
Dr. New's Performance
in Bristol, VA |
Friendly and smart!
Abingdon, VA |
I have been seeing Dr. New for the past 2 years and I feel he has been a true asset to my overall health. He provides quality care and is very thorough when looking for or responding to skin related issues that I have. He has a positive and easy to get along with demeanor as well.
in Grundy, VA |
great doc
Grundy, VA |
Great doc
in Abingdon,va. |
Very pleasant demeanor, very thorough and proactive. A professional person, on time and cares about his patients.
in Abingdon |
Great communication. On time service. Friendly and helpful staff. Dr New is very patient oriented.
Bristol, VA |
Great experienced doctor. Highly recommend.
in Abingdon, VA |
Dr. New is among the best doctors I have ever been to. He is a very professional physician. Extremely knowledgeable of his profession. He has a fantastic bedside manner. He treats his patients with the utmost respect. He is very attentive to the needs and questions of his patients. Dr. New explains the medical terms & conditions so his patients are certain to understand them. He doesn't make you feel like you are being herded through the office. He takes discusses any of your concerns.
in Lebanon, VA |
Dr. New is a very polite and professional doctor. I have only been a patient for a very short time but I like him very much.
in Lebanon, VA |
He was very attentive, explained everything well. Can not say enough nice things about him and his staff.
in Abingdon, VA |
Great Dr., have been his patient for several years.
in Marion, VA |
Great Dermatologist would recommend to anyone.
Radford, VA |
The first time I saw Dr. New was an appointment I made last year for a spot on my nose. He removed it and had a sample tested and all turned out fine. But on that visit Dr. New saw another strange looking place on my chin. His diagnosis was something that was very rare. He was very thorough to make appointments with other doctors to follow up on all the aspects of this condition. He has genuine concern and kindness for patients, I felt relaxed speaking to him. He is my dermatologist for life!
Saltville, Va |
A very caring doctor
Dr. New is wonderful. Very concerned with any issues or problems you are experiencing.
Abingdon, VA |
he found a cancer on me that another dr. missed
Abingdon, VA |
I have been a patient of Dr. New for many years now. I recommend him to everyone I meet that is in need of dermatology treatment.
Bristol, VA |
Great Doctor!!! Would recommend to anyone needing a dermatologist!
Abingdon, VA |
Dr New was thorough and his staff were polite and helpful during my visit. However, since my visit I have attempted several times to request a prescription for a refill on two medications. My pharmacy has sent three requests and the medications still have not been refilled. Very bad follow up experience. I am very disappointed in the difficulty to get the needed medications filled.
in Richlands, VA |
Dr. New is a very kind, caring person, and is good at what he does! He helped me when no one else could. His staff is made up of nice, friendly people, as well. I highly recommend them!
in Abingdon, VA |
I scheduled an appointment o see a dermatologist in Oct 2017 about some darker skin on my lower legs, and it was Dr New. He was cold and aloof, and quickly said there's nothing I can do about the darker skin, just live with it. Only when I pressed him did he say that taking baths with a couple teaspoons of bleach might help. He spent a grand total of about 3 minutes with me, and walked out. He was probably the worst doctor I have ever experienced.
in Dryden, VA |
Dr. New was very professional, thorough, and spoke in easy-to-understand language. The staff was very friendly, professional and respectful. Appointment times were honored and wait times were minimal. Checkout was quick, and they were flexible in scheduling appointments. Office was very clean with a nice, professional appearance, and the presence of a Bible in the waiting room signaled integrity to me.
in Abingdon, VA |
Extremely disappointed. Very general and generic answers. I could have gone to google and gotten better service.
in Clintwood, VA |
Friendly, very polite and professional.
in Virginia |
Kept appointment on time and told me what he was going every step of the way. Gave me the feeling that I was in good hands and communicated how I could help myself between visits to stay healthy. Answered all the questions I asked and wanted to know family history.
Lebanon, VA |
Dr. New was wonderful with my teenage daughter. He made her feel comfortable when discussing treatment for acne. I would defintely recommend Dr. New for anyone seeking dermatological treatment.
Abingdon, VA |
I'm very glad I found Dr. New. As a melanoma survivor it's important for me to have a doctor that takes their time, not only examine my skin, but also listens to my concerns. He is a great doctor and I have recommended him to several people, including my familk. The staff is great also, always kind.
Coeburn, VA |
Dr. New is knowledgeable and efficient. He has an excellent physician/patient rapport speaking in terms that are both understandable and informative. Dr. New has always been prompt in seeing me at or near my scheduled appointment time and his office and clinical staff are friendly and helpful.
in Richlands, VA |
It was fairly easy to get an appointment, and his staff was helpful, cordial, and efficient. Dr. New was very personable, professional, and his patience was comforting. He was willing to listen and explain new information.
in Grundy, VA |
Dr. New was professional and knowledgeable in assessing my needs and answered all questions that I had. I would highly recommend him to all of my family and friends!
in North Tazewell, VA |
I have had the pleasure of seeing Dr. New in his office on three occasions. Dr. New is a focused, knowledgeable dermatologist with a strong, compassionate bedside manner that I have rarely seen for many years. Dr. New brings genuine concern and sincerity to his patients in his desire to help and heal, which was obvious upon my first appointment. Dr. New is a talented and qualified individual that I would highly recommend for his services.
Dr. New did a great job checking everything out.
in Lebanon, VA |
DR. NEW IS VERY PROFESSIONAL, AND VERY FRIENDLY, I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM TO ANYONE.
in Abingdon, VA |
my experience was great I would recommend this office any time I think I need help with my skin. so people try him.
Highly recommend Dr. New.
in Abingdon, VA |
very professional and takes extra care to make sure you are comfortable
in Abingdon, VA |
Personable, professional and genuine.
in Raven, Va |
My Teenage son sees Dr. New for his Acne Issues. Dr. New has been excellent with helping us figure out ways to treat the issue and eliminate the breakouts. Dr. New explained everything to my son in a level as to which he could understand. I highly Recommend Dr. New to anyone looking for a Dermatologist. He takes the time to explain things to you. My son and myself have been very satisfied and my sons Acne issues has been reduced drastically by following Dr. News treatment plan.
in Bristol, VA |
I was very pleased with Dr. New's expert care when I was his patient at a previous location, and when I learned he had relocated to Abingdon, I contacted his new office. His staff was helpful in scheduling an appointment and again I was pleased with my care. I trust Dr. New. He is a good listener, and his manner is reassuring as he explains issues carefully.
in Abingdon, VA |
Dr. New removed a melanoma from my leg that my former dermatologist had brushed off as nothing unusual. Dr. New is positive and friendly and genuinely listens to my concerns. His follow up exams have been thorough and unrushed. His office staff and nurse are friendly, helpful, and very competent. I highly recommend Dr. New!
in Lowmansville, Ky |
extremely knowledgeable and very patient...finally a doctor that really cares
Lebanon, VA |
Dr. New was very attentive to my needs and took time to answer my questions. He and his staff were compassionate, friendly, courteous, and knowledgeable. I highly recommend him.
in Abingdon, VA |
He is the Doctor and not NA....Very patient, took time, through, excellent job of removing deep mole..no pain. No wait...close home..
Have you seen Dr. Douglas New, MD?
Are you Dr. New?