Dr. Harold Levinson, MD

PsychiatryMaleAge 88

Psychiatry

Dr. Harold Levinson, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in Great Neck, NY. He is affiliated with Long Island Jewish Medical Center. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Harold Levinson, MD

Levinson Med Ctr Lrng Disblts

98 Cuttermill Rd Great Neck, NY 11021
Telehealth services available

Telehealth available

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Psychiatry Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for New York

Check Dr. Levinson's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Levinson's Top Procedures and Conditions

Psychiatric Evaluation - Child and Adolescent

Dr. Levinson performs Psychiatric Evaluation - Child and Adolescent more than 80% of his peers

Psychological Evaluations Prior to Bariatric Surgery

Dr. Levinson performs Psychological Evaluations Prior to Bariatric Surgery more than 80% of his peers

Psychological Evaluation

• Psychological Evaluation
  • Psychological Evaluations Prior to Bariatric Surgery
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness

Dr. Levinson accepts

Dr. Levinson accepts the following insurance:

Medicare

Dr. Levinson's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Levinson

Dr. Levinson

Excellent in his Field
Dr. Levinson has been helping my son with his learning disabilities for 5 years. He is an expert in the treatment of learning disabilities. He does not just throw medicine at you and then tell you to deal with the side effects like many neurologists. He is very sensitive to the side effects of medication and makes immediate changes in dosage or types of medicine when side effects occur. We live in another state. We have seen Dr. Levinson in his office but a majority of our follow up visits have been telehealth. This is very convenient. His office staff is extremely friendly and always provides assistance and documentation, when needed for school IEP meetings. I highly recommend Dr. Levinson to anyone whose child is struggling in school and may have a learning disability. He has helped our son tremendously.
Jennifer Wakemen – Jun 09, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Harold Levinson, MD?
I have known Dr. Levinson for several years now. He has helped me deal with my emotional and psychological problems thus making me a better and stronger person. His quiet and professional perseverance, along with his most excellent sense of humor has given me hope, where there once was none. In short, Dr. Levinson has the depth of understanding and sharpness of mind to know the right way of handling the emotional depths of the mind. I would be remiss if I did not mention that his office and support staff are 5 star.........Lisa in particular.
Angela N – May 24, 2022
Parent Review
Dr. Levinson demonstrates the highest level of professionalism. His priority is clearly for his patient’s progress, safety, and privacy. He is the most caring medical professional that my son and I have had the pleasure of being in his care. His commitment to my son’s health and well-being is without blemish. We treasure him as a health professional and as a human being. We will always have a deep sense of gratitude to both Dr. Levinson and his staff for their care, concern, and continuing dedication to help my son be successful. We highly recommend him.
Landa – May 10, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Harold Levinson, MD?
Dr.Levinvson is insightful and empathetic as well as an extraordinary expert in his field. The staff is friendly, professional and responds to inquiries promptly. I highly recommend this remarkable practice.
C.DeStefano – Apr 21, 2022
With age there’s wisdom
I have been a patient of Dr. Levinson for several years. I feel that his years of experience have given him a good knowledge of the different treatments available. There is no such thing as a magic pill so instant results are not realistic. I like how he prescribes medications at low dosages at first so that the side effects aren’t overwhelming. I personally recommend keeping a log of medication‘s prescribed and how they affect you. It’s easier to look back at a reference point than trying to remember how different medication‘s made you feel.
Frank M. – Apr 16, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Harold Levinson, MD?
I believe that the most important connection between patient and doctor is rooted in trust. Dr Levinson is a thorough professional, who communicates with his patents, “human to human”, which allows for open discussion and real in depth conversation, My time with Dr Levinson is always constructive and insightful and no matter what the subject, I always feel at ease sharing my thoughts, while eagerly anticipating his in return. If you are in search of a great doctor, I highly recommend Dr Levinson.
Thomas Ferranola – Apr 14, 2022
AAA grade Dr
I know Dr Levinson for more than 6 years ALWAYS the smart, humorous, sage that I need to help me through troubled waters.
Apr 13, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Harold Levinson, MD?
Dr. Levinson and his staff have always been helpful, competent and pleasant. I recommend him highly.
Apr 08, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Harold Levinson, MD?
Dr. Levinson is an amazing caring person with a wonderful sense of humor. He is very knowledgeable in his field and has wrote many books. My daughter has been seeing him for about 4 years. He was our last hope after seeing a pediatric psychiatrist who just would not listen to my daughter's story. My daughter had been misdiagnosed with medical issues and she developed anxiety, PTSD and Panic Disorder. Dr. Levinson understood immediately what she was going through after talking with her. Through all of our ups and downs, Dr. Levinson was either a phone call or e-mail away. Dr. Levinson and my daughter, from day one, have a wonderful relationship and she calls him her angel. He understands her, especially when she closes up, he can get through to her eventually. He has never given up on her through the years. He really cares about his patients. His assistant, Lisa, is also a very warm and caring person. She goes out of her way to help or answer any questions you may have.
Loriann Healy – Apr 08, 2022
Dr. Levinson , brilliant doctor and author
Dr. Levinson is a brilliant man.He is easy to talk to. He has written many books. His theories and medical treatments have proven to help me overcome debilitating anxiety and obsessive behaviors for 20+ years. I highly recommend him and his theories that connect inner ear problems to anxiety and other mental health issues. That has proven to be successful to me. He also makes himself available via email in between visits if you have questions or concerns to address before your next visit. He has extensive knowledge in areas of Dyslexia and ADHD as well. He will make you feel comfortable and is very understanding when talking about treatment and your issues whatever they may be,
Apr 03, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Harold Levinson, MD?
He’s wonderful!! So thankful I found him.
Mental illness is one of the worst illnesses one could have. I should know, I’ve struggled with anxiety and depression for most of my life. Dr. Levinson is warm and funny and super smart! He helped me more in one session than anyone else has, ever! And I’ve been struggling with my own brain for over 41 years! I’m extremely thankful to finally have found the right help. And his office manager Lisa is equally amazing. Thank you both for helping me!!
Lisa Greene – Apr 01, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Harold Levinson, MD?
Dr. Levinson is a very knowledgeable doctor. He takes care of my child who has ADHD and difficulty with learning. Dr. Levinson also takes care of my adult child who has diagnosis of depression. Both of my children are doing better in school and in life. I am grateful to have Dr. Levenson as my children's doctor who really understands people's challenges and is able to help. I highly recommend Dr. Levinson for his services.
Apr 01, 2022
Kind and caring
Dr. Levinson is a kind, caring man with a wonderful sense of humor. I very much enjoy taking to him as he and I work together to deal with a medical problem I suffer from. He is an extremely intelligent man with a tremendous background in not just psychiatric problems. I highly recommend him.
Mar 31, 2022
Amazing doctor / life changing
I suffered from severe anxiety and claustrophobia for many years and was unable to find relief from typical anti-anxiety medications or the many, many different alternative treatments and coping strategies I tried. In my endless search for understanding and treatment for my problems, I happened to read one of Dr. Levinson's books. I immediately realized that his extensive research and long history of working with patients made him the absolute expert on my condition (which has turned out to be anxiety/claustrophobia caused by inner ear problems). As soon as I contacted Dr. Levinson's office and got an appointment, he spent lots of time working with me and perfecting my treatment plan which has been incredibly successful for me. Dr. Levinson is exceptionally kind and thorough and of course, his knowledge of the subject matter is second to none.
Mar 24, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Harold Levinson, MD?
After struggling to find an effective medication regimen for depression for years, I sought out a psychiatrist since psychologist and clinical social worker recommendations were failing to provide an acceptable quality of life. Dr. Levinson was able to provide the best combination of medications which has returned my satisfaction with daily living. I highly recommend his services.
Mar 24, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Harold Levinson, MD?
Dr. Harold Levinson is an instrumental part of my continuous recovery. I first started with Dr. Levinson in 2020, when the Pandemic started, at that time I was in desperate need of a doctor. I was not doing well at all, I suffer from depression, Anxiety, PTSD, ADD..etc. and I could not find a doctor that would accept me at that time. I kept looking and I came across Dr. Levinson and he took me in right away. I have been a patient of his for approx. 2 years, he has been a constant presence in my emotional well being and as a result of being under his care and his proper diagnosis of my conditions, I am doing very well, I am able to function and live a better life than I was living. Today life is enjoyable. Thank you Dr. Levinson for your Care and Concern.
Charisse Ellison – Mar 22, 2022
Excellent listener
I am an adult ADHD patient and have been seeing Dr. Levinson for more than a year. He's a patient listener and has guided me to a place where not only do I understand and am more proactive in my own personal progress, but he has also been a big help in helping me understand and navigate my marriage to a more stable place than I have ever been. I recommend Dr. Levinson highly.
Bob – Mar 19, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Harold Levinson, MD?
After moving back to NYC a few years ago, I needed to find a psychiatrist who understood my sleep issue and also help me with my eating disorder. Was I fortunate! Dr. Levinson did both and much, much more—also recognizing and successfully treating my dyslexia and ADD and many of my other related symptoms, especially poor self-esteem. I’m now sleeping well & my bulimia is all but gone. Dr. Levinson is brilliant, kind and generous. THAT he understands me (and all people with these kinds of disorders so well is a gift that I never knew I needed and wanted so badly. No other doctor ever helped me so well so rapidly.. And I went to many. If not for this man, I would not be living a full and wonderful life right now. Thanks, alice b
Mar 19, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Harold Levinson, MD?
Doctor just dropped me today because his billing person does not know how to bill secondary ins. I helped her numerous times and kept billing wrong company.
Feb 14, 2022
Because of over 6 months of our office trying to...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Harold Levinson, MD?
My experience with him is literally miraculous and so extraordinary And my IQ went from 74 to 143
Marsha Lampert MBA MS in Hicksville , NY – May 31, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Harold Levinson, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Levinson?