Dermatology  |
Dr. Harold Hefter, MD
Dr. Harold Hefter, MD is a dermatology doctor who practices in Lawrence, NY. He is 61 years old and has been practicing for 36 years. Dr. Hefter is affiliated with Jacobi Medical Center and Franklin Hospital.

HAROLD S HEFTER MD

135 Rockaway Tpke Ste 100

Lawrence, NY 11559

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
  • EmblemHealth
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • National Elevator
  • Oxford Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Hefter

Dr. Hefter's Experience

Dr. Hefter's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Dermatology

• Impetigo
  • Intertrigo
  • Itchy Skin
  • Keloid Scar
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Molluscum Contagiosum Infection
  • Varicose Veins
  • Warts

• Destruction of Benign Skin Lesion
  • Destruction of Malignant Skin Lesion

No malpractice history found for New York.

• A Einstein Col Med Yeshiva Univ
    Medical School | Graduated 1981
  • Brookdale University Hospital Medical Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1981
  • Albert Einstein Coll Med
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1985

Dr. Hefter has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Hefter does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hefter and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Hefter's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hefter to family and friends
Dr. Hefter's Performance
in Teaneck, NJ |
I am a physician living in NJ so when I developed itchy bumps I asked a physician friend for a dermatologist in my area. This other dermatologist rushed through my visits without conducting thorough exams and as a result misdiagnosed me - twice. My mother-in-law recommended Dr Hefter and boy am I glad I listened. I had the complete opposite experience. He was thorough and made the proper diagnosis instantly. Both as a patient and as a doctor I would wholeheartedly recommend him
in rockaway park, ny |
Dr. Harold Hefter - The Best Dermotologist Dr Hefter is at the top of his field. He has always been correct with his diagnosis. His patients are impt. To him. He is compassionate and has a gentle nature and takes the time he needs with each patient, all while adding a lighter side with his sense of humor which is always refreshing while seeing a Dr. He certainty deserves 5 gold stars or more ! The office and his staff are also very efficient and very friendly. Scheduling is a breeze.
in Glen Head NY |
I have been a patient of Dr. Hefter for over just about 20 years. He is a consummate professional. He is what a doctor should be, caring, attentive, respectful and very thorough. I have that utmost confidence in him and would gladly recommend him to anyone! He's second to none in my opinion.
in East Rockaway, NY |
My family has been using Dr. Hefter for over 20 years. During that time, he has treated me, my husband, our children, my mother, and some close friends and we've all been EXTREMELY satisfied! Dr. Hefter spends time to learn each patient's concerns. He is extremely professional and knowledgeable. His examinations are very thorough and the treatments are skillfully performed! Everything is explained to you in an easy way for you to understand. Your health and comfort are his main concerns.
in Atlantic Beach NY |
I went to Dr. Hefter because my daughter used him and was very impressed. So was I. They called me with a cancellation so I didn't have to wait weeks to see him. Dr. Hefter took two biopsies and they were painless. He spent a lot of time with me and put me at ease. He was extremely thorough and I would definitely use him again.
in Atlantic Beach |
dr hefter knows his STUFF
in Island Park, NY |
I am writing to recommend Dr. Harold Hefter as your Dermatologist. I have used Dr. Hefter for more than 20 years and have found him to be concerned, careful and effective in treating his patients. His knowledge of skin disease has been recognized by many , in that he has been listed among New York’s best doctors, repeatedly. The staff in his office treats his patients with respect and kindness. So, do not hesitate to use DR. Hefter
in Lawrence , NY |
I was misdiagnosed by two top Manhattan dermatologists for an acute itching condition from which was extremely unbearable. I was scratching day & night.I then went to an allergist who directed me back to a dermatologist. Dr. Hefter was recommended highly. He gave me an emergency visit and to my surprise and relief he immediately diagnosed the problem and treated it very successfully. Dr Hefter is sensitive, compassionate ,and a great human being.I can't thank him enough. He was my savior.
in Merrick, NY |
Doctor Hefter is everything you would want in your doctor. You don't think about having a dermatologic emergency. I did. Doctor Hefter got me in and took care of the emergency. He's caring, knowledgable, and has a very nice bedside manner.
in Woodmere, ny |
I went to my PCP because I got a really deep splinter stuck under my nail. It was very painful! My PCP called Dr. Hefter and his office said to come in right away. The doctor was very calming and had all different size tweezers and professional equipment. Once my finger was numb, he got the splinter out in a matter of seconds. He called a few hours later to follow up. Great care. Would definitely recommend him.
in New York, NY |
I HAVE BEEN A PATIENT OF DR HEFTER'S FOR AT LEAST 20 YEARS. HE HAS SEEN ME THROUGH SKIN CANCER SEVERAL TIMES AND ALWAYS RECOMMENDED THE BEST OF DOCTORS FOR MOHS SURGERY. i AM A 70+ WOMEN WHO WAS UNHAPPY WITH HOW I WAS AGING. RECENTLY I CONSULTED WITH DR. HEFTER WHO RECOMMENDED FILLERS. I HAD THE PROCEDURE YESTERDAY AND I CAN ONLY SAY DR. HEFTER IS AN ARTIST AND A PERFECTIONIST. HE WAS EXTREMELY GENTLE. I FELT NO PAIN AND WHEN I LOOKED IN THE MIRROR I LOOKED ABOUT 10 YEARS YOUNGER.
Dr. Hefter is highly professional, extremely well trained, patient, and very concerned about the well-being of his patients. Most significantly and importantly, he is a very excellent, superior diagnostician. My wife came to see him under duress for a renewal of her prescription. He hadn't seen her for a while and wanted to examine her before renewing the prescription. Thankfully he found an early developing melanoma that was difficult to see and many doctors, I believe would have missed.
Be prepared to wait about an hour and a half for your appt. office has no concept of time nor idea how to schedule patients. I almost lost my mind waiting for my appt.
Have you seen Dr. Harold Hefter, MD?
Are you Dr. Hefter?

Visit Dr. Hefter

Dr. Hefter accepts 15 insurance carriers
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
    BlueConnect HMO
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
    Preferred Blue PPO
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
    Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP) HMO