Dr. Harold Hefter, MD

DermatologyMaleAge 67

Dermatology

Dr. Harold Hefter, MD is a Dermatologist in Lawrence, NY and has over 42 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Hefter has extensive experience in Skin Cancer & Excision. He graduated from Yeshiva U, College of Medicine in 1981. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. Harold Hefter, MD

Harold S Hefter MD

135 Rockaway Tpke Ste 100 Lawrence, NY 11559

Dr. Hefter's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Hefter

I have been a patient of Dr. Hefter's for 31 years along with many of my family members and friends. Dr. Hefter is an excellent doctor with compassion and never rushes an appointment. He is knowledgeable and very expert in his field. I would recommend him to anyone without reservation.
Penny Eisenberg – Mar 23, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Harold Hefter, MD?
Dr. Hefter is my saving grace, I wish I had the correct words to describe this man! I have suffered for several years with a horrible painful itchy rash that caused me to swell terribly and suffer horribly for years every time it was enflamed I’ve been to several Dr.’s other dermatologist , allergist, walk ins you name it and finally my rheumatologist sent me to Dr. Hefter and after seeing him he found out what was causing this issue and together with my rheumatologist formulated a plan. Dr Hefter is very attentive and listens to you! He is kind, caring and has the best personality he makes you feel at ease and thankfully he has helped to make me feel better and to see that there is still good Dr.’s in this world who actually care and work to figure out your ailments! I am forever grateful to DR. HEFTER! As an added bonus his staff are just as kind and understanding . I’d give him a million stars if I could.
Dina – Sep 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Harold Hefter, MD?
The most comprehensive body I have experienced
Mike Krengel – Jul 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Harold Hefter, MD?
I had a wonderful experience with my 2 and a half year old son at Dr. Hefter's office. He and his team did their best to ensure that my son felt as comfortable and safe as possible. My son has severe eczema and molluscum, and after following the regimen Dr. Hefter prescribed his condition improved markedly. I would happily recommend Dr. Hefter to anyone dealing with eczema at a pediatric or adult level. SF, Woodmere, NY
Jun 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Harold Hefter, MD?
Hi there!!! Let me commence by saying that I live in New Jersey and Dr. Hefter’s practice is in New York. In order to arrive for a 10:30 AM appointment, I must leave my house at five in the morning, thereby avoiding the morning rush hour. During peak traffic, the drive would take four hours . I believe this is a telling indication of how valuable, in my humble ( yet experienced) opinion, Dr. Hefter is, in so many ways. I did visit a dermatologist in New Jersey but the diagnosis and guidelines given to me really left me confused, bewildered and with no clear direction or guidelines whatsoever. I felt worse leaving the office visit. Without a true answer or protocol on how to move forward with my dermatological dilemma, I knew I had to go to Dr. Hefter. I needed clarity, information, peace of mind and tools for improvement .I’m just thrilled that I’m able to do so,and that I know about such a fantastic doctor. My father was treated by Dr. Hefter for many, many years. He tended to the
Lalita Surrey in NJ – Jun 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Harold Hefter, MD?
Dr.Hefter is a very caring doctor, he has always shown great patient care and gave accurate diagnostics. He is very knowledgeable and always makes me feel comfortable. I am very satisfied with Dr.Hefter and recommend him to anyone in need of a dermatologist. The staff in the office is very friendly.
May 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Harold Hefter, MD?
amazing doctor very knowledgable.
May 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Harold Hefter, MD?
I have been using Dr. Hefter for 30 years. For myself, my husband, my children and now my grandchildren. In this period of time we have used him for numerous things. Acne, growths, skin rashes, warts and now I had the pleasure of using him for fillers, Botox. and laser treatments With my children and grandchildren he always made them feel at ease and tried the less aggressive treatment first so it would be easier for the child. Once he has made the diagnosis he takes his time to think through
Nov 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Harold Hefter, MD?
Dr. Hefter is a very caring and professional dermatologist. My mother, my sister, her family and my daughters were and are very grateful for the quality of care and positive outcomes we received under his care. I am a pharmacist and have dealt with many physicians over my 45 year career and Dr. Hefter is one of the finest practitioners I have known. The staff is extremely professional and appointments are always within 15 minutes of scheduled time. I highly recommend Dr. Hefter.
Howard F in Lynbrook, NY – Oct 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Harold Hefter, MD?
My wife and I have been patients of Dr. Hefter for a long time. Dr. Hefter is a very caring and knowledgeable dermatologist. He always gives a very thorough exam and answers all the questions and concerns that we have. He is very patient, and we never felt that he was rushing from one patient to another. My son, who does not live in NY, had a major problem that required surgery. We didn’t know how to proceed and called Dr, Hefter for advice. After putting in a long day in his office, he to
Norman Kaufman – Aug 08, 2018
simply the best!!!!
Alison A in lynbrook, NY – Jul 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Harold Hefter, MD?
Dr. Hefter is an experienced and caring dermatologist. I was suffering from a rash of some sort for at least two months. The itching I was experiencing was uncontrollable all over my body. It was so severe that a got a maximum of an hour sleep every night. After no help from another dermatologist, it was suggested I go to Dr. Hefter. Within 5 minutes of an exam, Dr. Hefter diagnosed my problem and was elevated within a week that no one else was able to help me with. Thank you, Dr. Hefter.
Dale Bleiweiss in Howard Beach – Apr 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Harold Hefter, MD?
Dr. Hefter is the Greatest Dermatologist. I’ve been going to him for over 10 years. He is an excellent dr. Serving his community for many, many years. He always listens attentively, explains clearly any skin problems you are having as well as cures them. He answers all questions. He is extremely caring and gives each patient the time that they need during their visit. His staff is kind, courteous & caring as well. His office environment is always neat & clean. Dr. Harold Hefter is the Best
Patryce Farnsworth in New York, NY – Nov 09, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Harold Hefter, MD?
Dr Hefter is an incredible doctor! He reversed the burn on my hand and cured me in 5 minutes. Excellent bedside manner!!! He's a genius!!
Judy in Woodmere, NY – Oct 29, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Harold Hefter, MD?
I am a physician living in NJ so when I developed itchy bumps I asked a physician friend for a dermatologist in my area. This other dermatologist rushed through my visits without conducting thorough exams and as a result misdiagnosed me - twice. My mother-in-law recommended Dr Hefter and boy am I glad I listened. I had the complete opposite experience. He was thorough and made the proper diagnosis instantly. Both as a patient and as a doctor I would wholeheartedly recommend him
Joseph F. in Teaneck, NJ – Jul 20, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Harold Hefter, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Hefter for over just about 20 years. He is a consummate professional. He is what a doctor should be, caring, attentive, respectful and very thorough. I have that utmost confidence in him and would gladly recommend him to anyone! He's second to none in my opinion.
  • Long wait times
James M in Glen Head NY – Feb 02, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Harold Hefter, MD?
My family has been using Dr. Hefter for over 20 years. During that time, he has treated me, my husband, our children, my mother, and some close friends and we've all been EXTREMELY satisfied! Dr. Hefter spends time to learn each patient's concerns. He is extremely professional and knowledgeable. His examinations are very thorough and the treatments are skillfully performed! Everything is explained to you in an easy way for you to understand. Your health and comfort are his main concerns.
  • Long wait times
Barbara R. in East Rockaway, NY – Jan 16, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Harold Hefter, MD?
I went to Dr. Hefter because my daughter used him and was very impressed. So was I. They called me with a cancellation so I didn't have to wait weeks to see him. Dr. Hefter took two biopsies and they were painless. He spent a lot of time with me and put me at ease. He was extremely thorough and I would definitely use him again.
Simon T in Atlantic Beach NY – Jan 10, 2017
dr hefter knows his STUFF
anthony siniscalchi in Atlantic Beach – Jan 05, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Harold Hefter, MD?
I am writing to recommend Dr. Harold Hefter as your Dermatologist. I have used Dr. Hefter for more than 20 years and have found him to be concerned, careful and effective in treating his patients. His knowledge of skin disease has been recognized by many , in that he has been listed among New York’s best doctors, repeatedly. The staff in his office treats his patients with respect and kindness. So, do not hesitate to use DR. Hefter
Matthew Shalette in Island Park, NY – Nov 16, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Harold Hefter, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Hefter?