Dr. Harold Hefter, MD

Dr. Harold Hefter, MD

Dermatology  |
Dr. Harold Hefter, MD is a dermatology doctor who practices in Lawrence, NY. He is 61 years old and has been practicing for 36 years.

135 Rockaway Tpke Ste 100

Lawrence, NY 11559

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
  • EmblemHealth
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. Hefter

See how frequently Dr. Hefter performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Tinea Versicolor
Keloid Scar
Athlete's Foot

Dr. Hefter's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Dermatology

• Cold Sore
  • Dermatitis
  • Fungal Infections
  • Fungal Nail Infection
  • Henoch–Schönlein Purpura (HSP)
  • Herpes Simplex Infection
  • Hidradenitis
  • Hives
  • Impetigo
  • Intertrigo
  • Itchy Skin
  • Keloid Scar
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Molluscum Contagiosum Infection

• Abscess or Cyst Drainage or Aspiration
  • Destruction of Benign Skin Lesion
  • Destruction of Malignant Skin Lesion
  • Shaving of Skin Lesion

No malpractice history found for New York.

• A Einstein Col Med Yeshiva Univ
    Medical School | Graduated 1981
  • Brookdale University Hospital Medical Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1981
  • Albert Einstein Coll Med
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1985

Dr. Hefter has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Hefter does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hefter and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Hefter's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hefter to family and friends
Dr. Hefter's Performance
in New York, NY |
Dr. Hefter is the Greatest Dermatologist. I’ve been going to him for over 10 years. He is an excellent dr. Serving his community for many, many years. He always listens attentively, explains clearly any skin problems you are having as well as cures them. He answers all questions. He is extremely caring and gives each patient the time that they need during their visit. His staff is kind, courteous & caring as well. His office environment is always neat & clean. Dr. Harold Hefter is the Best
in Woodmere, NY |
Dr Hefter is an incredible doctor! He reversed the burn on my hand and cured me in 5 minutes. Excellent bedside manner!!! He's a genius!!
in Teaneck, NJ |
I am a physician living in NJ so when I developed itchy bumps I asked a physician friend for a dermatologist in my area. This other dermatologist rushed through my visits without conducting thorough exams and as a result misdiagnosed me - twice. My mother-in-law recommended Dr Hefter and boy am I glad I listened. I had the complete opposite experience. He was thorough and made the proper diagnosis instantly. Both as a patient and as a doctor I would wholeheartedly recommend him
in Glen Head NY |
I have been a patient of Dr. Hefter for over just about 20 years. He is a consummate professional. He is what a doctor should be, caring, attentive, respectful and very thorough. I have that utmost confidence in him and would gladly recommend him to anyone! He's second to none in my opinion.
in East Rockaway, NY |
My family has been using Dr. Hefter for over 20 years. During that time, he has treated me, my husband, our children, my mother, and some close friends and we've all been EXTREMELY satisfied! Dr. Hefter spends time to learn each patient's concerns. He is extremely professional and knowledgeable. His examinations are very thorough and the treatments are skillfully performed! Everything is explained to you in an easy way for you to understand. Your health and comfort are his main concerns.
in Atlantic Beach NY |
I went to Dr. Hefter because my daughter used him and was very impressed. So was I. They called me with a cancellation so I didn't have to wait weeks to see him. Dr. Hefter took two biopsies and they were painless. He spent a lot of time with me and put me at ease. He was extremely thorough and I would definitely use him again.
in Atlantic Beach |
dr hefter knows his STUFF
in Island Park, NY |
I am writing to recommend Dr. Harold Hefter as your Dermatologist. I have used Dr. Hefter for more than 20 years and have found him to be concerned, careful and effective in treating his patients. His knowledge of skin disease has been recognized by many , in that he has been listed among New York’s best doctors, repeatedly. The staff in his office treats his patients with respect and kindness. So, do not hesitate to use DR. Hefter
in Lawrence , NY |
I was misdiagnosed by two top Manhattan dermatologists for an acute itching condition from which was extremely unbearable. I was scratching day & night.I then went to an allergist who directed me back to a dermatologist. Dr. Hefter was recommended highly. He gave me an emergency visit and to my surprise and relief he immediately diagnosed the problem and treated it very successfully. Dr Hefter is sensitive, compassionate ,and a great human being.I can't thank him enough. He was my savior.
in Merrick, NY |
Doctor Hefter is everything you would want in your doctor. You don't think about having a dermatologic emergency. I did. Doctor Hefter got me in and took care of the emergency. He's caring, knowledgable, and has a very nice bedside manner.
in Woodmere, ny |
I went to my PCP because I got a really deep splinter stuck under my nail. It was very painful! My PCP called Dr. Hefter and his office said to come in right away. The doctor was very calming and had all different size tweezers and professional equipment. Once my finger was numb, he got the splinter out in a matter of seconds. He called a few hours later to follow up. Great care. Would definitely recommend him.
in New York, NY |
I HAVE BEEN A PATIENT OF DR HEFTER'S FOR AT LEAST 20 YEARS. HE HAS SEEN ME THROUGH SKIN CANCER SEVERAL TIMES AND ALWAYS RECOMMENDED THE BEST OF DOCTORS FOR MOHS SURGERY. i AM A 70+ WOMEN WHO WAS UNHAPPY WITH HOW I WAS AGING. RECENTLY I CONSULTED WITH DR. HEFTER WHO RECOMMENDED FILLERS. I HAD THE PROCEDURE YESTERDAY AND I CAN ONLY SAY DR. HEFTER IS AN ARTIST AND A PERFECTIONIST. HE WAS EXTREMELY GENTLE. I FELT NO PAIN AND WHEN I LOOKED IN THE MIRROR I LOOKED ABOUT 10 YEARS YOUNGER.
Dr. Hefter is highly professional, extremely well trained, patient, and very concerned about the well-being of his patients. Most significantly and importantly, he is a very excellent, superior diagnostician. My wife came to see him under duress for a renewal of her prescription. He hadn't seen her for a while and wanted to examine her before renewing the prescription. Thankfully he found an early developing melanoma that was difficult to see and many doctors, I believe would have missed.
Be prepared to wait about an hour and a half for your appt. office has no concept of time nor idea how to schedule patients. I almost lost my mind waiting for my appt.
Have you seen Dr. Harold Hefter, MD?
Are you Dr. Hefter?

Visit Dr. Hefter

Dr. Hefter accepts 12 insurance carriers
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
    BlueConnect HMO
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
    Preferred Blue PPO
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
    Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP) HMO