Dr. Harold Hamilton, MD

Dr. Harold Hamilton, MD

Neurosurgery | Male

Dr. Harold Hamilton, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Waco, TX. He is 54 years old and has been practicing for 27 years. Dr. Hamilton is affiliated with Providence Healthcare Network.

Dr. Hamilton's Experience

See how Dr. Hamilton's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Hamilton

Dr. Hamilton accepts 16 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Hamilton has admitting privileges.

Dr. Hamilton's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hamilton to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Hamilton's Performance
in Oglesby tx |
He is very good in his profession. I would recommend Him to anyone needing his services.
in McGregor, TX |
At the age of 75, my back has received a lot of wear. Dr Hamilton fused L-2 thru L-5 in 2013. In 2016, he had to fuse L-1 with L-2. Dr Hamilton is a fantastic surgeon. I have no pain or problems and walk 3-5 miles each day.
in Woodway, TX |
Dr. Hamilton treated me for 5 years after a previous surgeon made a mess of my back. I wasn't interested in another surgery, so he treated me with injections and rehab until finally the pain became too bad. He never overstated the likely outcome of the surgery. The surgery was hard - five hours. However, I was feeling better wen I came around after surgery with no pain in lower back, thighs, and butt. I am still recovering but I have complete confidence in Dr. Hamilton
in Burleson, TX |
Great surgeon and gets the job done.
in Waco, TX |
I came to Dr. Hamilton not being able to walk without a walker. My first visit was on a Monday and I had surgery the following Tuesday. I am so impressed with the doctor, and his very professional staff. After the surgery, I was able to walk without any assistance. I highly recommend Dr. Hamilton. He knows what he is doing!
in Hewitt, TX |
I was referred to Dr. Hamilton by my PCM. Dr. Hamilton took his time to explain my condition and the cause of my headaches. My neck pain got worse, so I opted to have surgery. Today, I feel much better, no pain in my neck and am on the road to recovery! Thank Dr. Hamilton for all you did for me!
in West , tx |
Outstanding surgeon. Really enjoy talking with him. Hamilton and his staff is highly recommended. Thank you all. Great asset to the medical field
in Hico, TX |
I came too Dr Hamilton in excruciating pain with numbness in my arm and hand. I was treated with the utmost respect and kindness from the entire staff. Dr Hamilton went over every option with me for my condition. I had three herniated disc in my neck from c4 to c7. I chose too have a fusion done at three levels from c4 to c7. I couldn't have been in better hands Dr Hamilton was super professional. I'm on my way too a full recovery and almost pain free 6 months later. Amazing surgeon 5 stars.
in Marlin, Texas |
Great care and success? Highly recommend
in Arlington, TX |
Dr Hamilton was my Moms surgeon from 2009-2012 He performed 4 surgeries on her 2 of which were 2 fix screw ups he made. My sister & I had a bad feeling about him but my parents refused 2 get a 2nd opinion. He was extremely rude, wouldn't listen to questions, poor bedside manner, & I found out today confirmed he botched my Moms surgery- lumbar fusion. We knew he did but it took my Dad passing away 4 my sister & I to get her to an expert in Dallas after her hardware broke. RUN!! Do not pass go
in Groesbeck, TX |
An excellent neurosurgeon! I have been to him on two occasions both with very successful results.
in Comanche, TX |
I have the highest regard for Dr. Hamilton. He has performed 2 neck surgeries (fusion) for me and I have been very pleased with the results. I would not hesitate to recommend him to family and friends.
in Waco Tx |
I was really scared and in lots of pain when I went to see Dr. Hamilton. He is very easy to talk to, understanding, and knows how to explain things so you can understand. I had surgery on my neck due to an accident and had three disc removed. He did a great job and you can't even see the scar. I will be going back to him if I ever need back surgery again.
in Woodway, TX |
Dr Hamilton has helped so much this year. He operated on my neck, back and both hands. I feel like a new person. Dr Hamilton really cares about his patients. He goes over your scans with you and explains how he can help. He has a wonderful way of making you feel at ease.
in Whitney TX |
This is my first time see the Doc was refer to him by another Doc, wanted to read some review of him, 7 out ten review on good
in Texas |
I've was a patient of Dr Hamilton since 2005.. I've had 5 neck surgeries and Lumbar surgery.. was suppose to have surgery in October 2016 and just had a bad gut feeling and sought 2 opinions before returning the day before my surgery to question him and other options. Found out by 2 separate neurosurgeons that he had my cervical hardware crooked and overlapping and it was causing my pain which he denied was the reason for my pain. i fired Hamilton and now need a team of Drs to fix his mistakes
in Woodway, TX |
I have never been treated or spoken to so poorly or disrespectfully by a doctor. I can't recommend him to anyone as he used profanity in discussing President Obama's ACA, my health insurance, etc., and demonstrated zero empathy or even professionalism or kindness. Also, had an early morning appointment and the building was locked with no one answering the office phone to let another patient waiting to see him and I into the office in time for our scheduled appointments. Never going back!
Waco, TX |
1 visit was enough for me. I was early but I had to wait an hour to see him (not good when hurting). He showed ZERO bedside manner and was flippant. He could not finish a sentence or a thought and my spouse and I were in a daze trying to figure out what he was talking about b/c he kept jumping around. His exam was rough and I came away feeling like nothing but a piece of meat. Using swear words was not appreciated. Having cctv going thoughout the visit is creepy and a sent up a HUGE red flag!
in Hewitt, TX |
It just don't get any better than Dr.Hamilton and his staff.Their level of professionalism is where all health care providers should be but is not. Dr.Hami?tons knowledge skill base and bedside manners surpasses any standards ever set in the medical field.
Kerrville, TX |
I have been a patient of Dr. Hamilton's on 5 different procedures since 2004. I have utmost respect for his skill and knowledge. He is not a knife happy doctor and has recommended other treatments to try before surgery. He has done cervical fusion and back procedures for me. I would certainly recommend him to anyone.
in Liberty Hill, TX |
Dr. Hamilton is the best. With two different surgeries on my back he has ended severe pain and returned me each time to a normal life free of pain.
in Ross, TX |
Dr. Hamilton's surgical skills are outstanding. He has operated on me twice over the years for two different reasons. I would go back to him in a heartbeat for any additional spine surgeries required.
in Waco, TX |
Dr. Hamilton is friendly and professional. He does a first-rate job of explaining test results as well as informing the patient of treatment options. My surgeries have provided excellent outcomes.
in Hewitt, TX |
One of the best doctors I have ever had.
in Waco, TX |
I have had back surgery 2 times in 4 years, both fusions,with each I got much better. At 70 I say I got my life back, thanks to Dr. Hamilton.
in Waco, TX |
I have had 4 highly successful surgeries (2 cervical fusions with hardware and bone grafts and 2 lumbar with fusions, hardware and bone grafts); the most recent was December 2015. Dr Hamilton provided me with complete information as to the potentialities for adverse residuals from the surgeries and allowed me adequate time for any questions. I am very pleased with the successful results and especially grateful to him and his staff for their efforts to provide total care.
in Mart, TX |
I have been very pleased with the surgical care and follow up. I am greatly impressed with the professionalism of Dr. Hamilton and with his staff. Dr. Hamilton was very upfront about the possible risks answered questions and worked miracles, I can walk again with out pain. I highly recommend Dr. Hamilton and staff to take care of your neurological needs. snl
in Waco, TX |
I was impressed with Dr. Hamilton's knowledge, experience, professionalism and manner.
in West, TX |
Had bad leg pain due to a fall which damaged my lower spinal column. Dr. Hamilton corrected the problem by removing the pressure on my spinal cord. No more leg or back pain. Recovery had been very quick.
in Waco, TX |
Excellent care. He explained what the problem was and exactly what he was going to do and what the result would be and he was correct on all accounts.
in Thornton, TX |
He was attentive, knowledgeable, and kind. The biggest kudo I can give him is that he is not knife-happy. He felt that surgery for me was not indicated at this time.
Have you seen Dr. Harold Hamilton, MD?
Are you Dr. Hamilton?

Compare Dr. Hamilton

Dr. Hamilton's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurosurgery
  •  Board certified in Neurosurgery

Dr. Hamilton has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Hamilton's Board Certifications

• Neurosurgery

• Aneurysm
  • Brain Aneurysm
  • Brain Cancer
  • Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Chiari's Deformity
  • Craniopharyngioma
  • Ear Disorders
  • Epilepsy
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors

U/Ca San Francisco Program
    La State University Program

• Chinese
  • Mandarin

Dr. Hamilton does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hamilton and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurosurgery

• Deep Brain Stimulation
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Nerve Destruction by Neurolytic Agent