Dr. Harold Cotler, DO

Family Medicine | Male

Cotler Family Practice 1937 State Route 35 Ste 2 Wall Township, NJ 07719 Get Directions
Dr. Harold Cotler, DO

Dr. Harold Cotler, DO is a family medicine doctor who practices in Wall Township, NJ. He is 64 years old and has been practicing for 38 years. Dr. Cotler is affiliated with Ocean Medical Center and Jersey Shore University Medical Center.

...See Less

Dr. Cotler's Experience

See how Dr. Cotler's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Cotler

Dr. Cotler accepts 10 insurance carriers

Dr. Cotler is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Cotler has admitting privileges.

Dr. Cotler's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Cotler to family and friends
2.9
Dr. Cotler's Performance
in Wall, NJ |
Waited 3 hours for the doctor to see me after waiting well over a month for the appointment. No apology or explanation provided. Will not be going back.
in Freehold |
The worst doctor ever. Misdiagnosed a foot injury I had, instead of sending me to a foot specialist. Has a God complex, because he thinks he knows everything. Tries to put you on meds you don't need. Very condescending as well. Zero *
Seminole, FL |
He could not be more rude, condescending and disinterested. God forbid you have a question for him or would like a further explanation. Has no time or empathy. Missed symptoms as he didn't want to listen.
in Wall, NJ |
No bedside manner at all. Almost rude. Keep me waiting over an hour with minimal apology. I guess his time is more valuable than mine. Would never go back. Charges a fee for each page if you want a copy of a lab report. You decide. I'd rather go to a "walk in" doctor practice.
in Manasquan, NJ |
He manipulated my back without asking me in a very aggressive manner when I had upper back pain. He injured my lower back and put me out of work for months and changed my life forever. He did this manipulation without my consent , without first taking an x-ray and on a small exam table. He did this so he could bill a manipulation as well as an office visit. He is heartless and money hungry. I am injured now forever . stay clear there are too many better options!
in Brick, NJ |
I have seen reviews calling the Doctor and staff rude. Never in my experience. Dr. Cotler is blunt and to the point; very direct. And VERY caring. He personally calls to go over lab results. He is thorough. There is a long wait in the office to see him because he takes the time necessary to talk to each and every patient. I would rather wait and have his full time and attention when it is my turn than have a short wait for a hurried visit anyday. I am a cancer survivor btw
in Long Branch, NJ |
I like that he is very open to alternative medicines and non-intrusive cures, rather than always prescribing meds. he is one of the few Dr's I know who personally follows up and calls you with your lab results (good or bad).
He was very rude and ordered unnecessary heart testing when I have no family history and no symptoms. I'm in my early twenties and exercise regularly and am in very good shape. He then was surprised when all the testing was negative. I sensed strong cynicism and judgment from this man. I think he actually wanted me to be sick.
in New York, NY |
I would not recommend this practice if you want to take a proactive, thorough approach to your health. The unprofessionalism of this office is unmatched. The team is careless and did not seem the least bit concerned when an error with prescriptions that would have resulted in the patient taking a month's supply of the wrong medicine was brought to their attention. In fact, they were flat out rude about it. I don't want a careless team managing my health or the health of my family.
Have you seen Dr. Harold Cotler, DO?
Are you Dr. Cotler?

Compare Dr. Cotler

Dr. Cotler's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Family Medicine
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

Dr. Cotler does not have any conditions listed. If you are Dr. Cotler and would like to add conditions you treat, please update your free profile.

Des Moines University College Of Osteopathic Medicine

Graduated in 1979

Dr. Cotler does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Cotler and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Osteopathic Manipulative Therapy

• Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment (OMT)