Dr. Harlan Bruner, MD

Dr. Harlan Bruner, MD

Neurosurgery | Male

Georgia Neuro Srgy/Comp Spn 2142 W Broad St Bldg 100 Athens, GA 30606 Get Directions

Dr. Harlan Bruner, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Athens, GA. He is 43 years old. Dr. Bruner is affiliated with Athens Regional Medical Center and St. Mary's Health Care System.

Dr. Bruner's Experience

See how Dr. Bruner's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Bruner

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Bruner has admitting privileges.

Dr. Bruner's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bruner to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Bruner's Performance
in Jefferson ga |
Can not give enough stars to Dr. Bruner!!! Major surgery and came through with flying colors! I knew I could trust him. This was not my first rodeo and I know I made the right choice with him. His PA is wonderful
in Madison, GA |
I suffered from lower back pain and foot numbness for many years. I was treated by three chiropractors, one acupuncturist, and several VA doctors with no relief. I was referred by a friend to Dr. Brunner. I made the appointment, and Dr. Bruner told me he would correct my problems with the least required procedure . I arrived for surgery at 7:00 a.m., was asleep by 8:00 a.m., and was at Fives Guys eating a hamburger by 11:00 a.m. No more back pain and numbness lessens everyday as expected.
in Athens, GA |
I could not be happier with the outcome of my posterior cervical decompression surgery. Dr. Bruner was very personable during my office visits. He answered all of my questions, and was very honest with me about the recovery pain from this type of surgery. It has been 5 months since my surgery and I am feeling great. Thank you, Dr. Bruner.
in Winder, GA |
Dr. Bruner is a great neurosurgeon; however, when he's in the hospital doing rounds, get your questions ready! When you see him you'll get 20 seconds to get his attention and ask them. In the hospital, he is all business and focused. He tells you what he needs to tells you and then mentally moves on to the next patient on the list. In the office, he is cordial, informative, and friendly. Believe it or not, this is a good review: just be ready with questions!
in Winder, GA |
Dr. Bruner did a 5 level spinal fusion on me on 7/5/16. I had suffered from back and leg pain for many years and had had two prior spine surgeries. He prepared me for the surgery telling me the first 48 hrs. post op would be painful but he ordered meds to keep me comfortable. I went home from the hospital on the 4th day. I was pain free within 6 weeks. I haven't felt this good in many years. It's been less than 4 months, I saw him today and I have no restrictions! I am thrilled! He is great!
in Lawrenceville GA |
Dr Bruner was able to do what two other Doctors said could not be done. It has been six months since my surgery and I am pain free. He is a very personable, confident and highly talented surgeon. I would most definitely recommend him!
in Athens, GA |
Dr. Bruner did amazing work on my herniated disc. I had an ACDF performed on my C5C6. The surgery actually took less time than scheduled. I woke up and felt immediate relief from what had been months of excruciating pain that once landed me in a wheelchair. He was friendly, helpful and funny every time I met with him. He explained everything well. Not that I ever want to have another reason to see Dr. Bruner again, but if something arose, I'd trust him completely.
in Carnesville, Ga. |
Dr Bruner did my spine surgery. It has been over a year now and I'm still feeling great. As soon as I woke up from surgery I no longer had back pain. Once the surgical pain and limitations were past I have not had any further back pain. I was scared to death to have surgery but I felt confidant in Dr Bruner. He is an excellent surgeon. His personality may not be overly warm and fuzzy but he knows what he's doing and tells you like it is. No Bull. I liked that! I'm a very satisfied patient.
in Athens, GA |
Dr. Bruner saw my sister in the Neuro ICU. He was abrupt and inconsiderate. She was gravely ill,but in her room said, Well, she is dying. I asked if he could step outside to talk with us and he said curtly, She can't hear anything. I'm a nurse with 30 + years ER Trauma experience and we all know hearing is the last sense patient's lose. He said I needed to call hospice and that was it. He was not her primary neurosurgeon, just covering the weekend. Poor communicator!
in Winterville, GA |
very short with patient concerns. patients concern to there treatment is not paramount to Drs. viewpoint.
Have you seen Dr. Harlan Bruner, MD?
Are you Dr. Bruner?

Compare Dr. Bruner

}

Dr. Bruner's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurosurgery
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• Aneurysm
  • Bone Cancer
  • Brain Aneurysm
  • Brain Cancer
  • Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease

Mount Sinai Hospital
    Mount Sinai Hospital
    Medical College of Wisconsin
    Columbia University / College of Physicians And Surgeons

Dr. Bruner does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bruner and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurosurgery

• Brain Surgery
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • Disc Replacement
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Lysis of Adhesions (LOA)
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Neuroplasty