Dr. Harish V. Iyer, MD

Dr. Harish V. Iyer, MD

Gastroenterology | Male

Learn about this Doctor

At Gastrointestinal and Liver Specialists, you will find a caring, compassionate and dedicated team of physicians and physician assistants, nurses and ancillary staff. Our goal is to empower you with knowledge to help you make the best decisions for your care. When we see you, you are our only priority. We will come up with a treatment plan that provides you with all the tools that you need to make sure you go out of the office healthier than when you came in. We strive for excellence in all areas, be it clinical or procedural. We assure you that if you need a procedure with us, we will try and make it as stress free and hassle free as possible. Please make sure you are satisfied that the purpose of your visit for that day is solved. Be it further investigations to evaluate symptoms or procedures, we will walk you through the whole process so that when you leave us, there are no stones unturned, or questions or concerns unanswered.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Iyer's Experience

98Experience
Match

See how Dr. Iyer's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Iyer

Dr. Iyer accepts 13 insurance carriers

13 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Iyer has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Iyer

Dr. Iyer's Review Details
4.8 based on 17 responses
Experience with Dr. Iyer
Dr. Iyer's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (17)
in Portsmouth, VA |
I was extremely pleased with my visit to Dr. Iyer. His bedside manner is very friendly and informative. He is very approachable. His office staff was very caring and personable. I highly recommend Dr. Iyer.
in Suffolk va |
Best Dr ever had. No nonsense. He will stay and work with you. Went to emergency room no insurance at that time. He still took time with me and got his staff to call see what they could do. I sent my sister n law to him. He has helped alotDr Iyer couldn't help me with this surgery but he found Another Dr . He said if I don't like. Him let us know. My family thinks he is wonderful
in Chesapeake |
I had a Excellent experience with the entire staff, I Highly recommend Dr. Iyer and his staff! Very Professional and We'll Knowledgeable! Thank You!
in Zuni, VA |
Dr. Lyer has good bedside manner, is through and explained the procedure so it was easy to understand. Although my time with Dr. Lyer was brief ( just a minute before the procedure and a few minutes after) and I'd say he probably knows me better than I know him, lol , overall it was a very good experience and I would recommend his services.
in Newport News, VA |
Dr. Iyer was very knowledgeable and caring in making sure that I had clear understanding of both pre and post colonoscopy procedure instruction. Dr. Iyer has a wonderful compassionate bedside manner and has a way of making his patient less anxious from the beginning to the end. I would definitely recommend him to all of my friends and family. Melissa, LPN was my awesome nurse and was wonderful in informing me as well.
in Murfreesboro, NC |
I like his professional, pleasant way of discussing any medical issues. He explains everything in detail, and if I have any questions, he takes the time to answer them. My husband and I, are patients of Dr. Iyer. Yes, I would recommend him to family and friends
in Suffolk, VA |
MY EXPERIENCE WITH DR. LYER AND HIS STAFF WAS EXCELLENT. HE AND HIS STAFF GAVE ME A SENSE OF COMFORT WHEN IT CAME TO MY COLONOSCOPY PROCEDURE. THANKS FOR KEEPING ME HEALTHY.
in Portsmouth, VA. |
I honestly cannot say enough good things. My treatment has been ongoing for several months during this time Dr. Iyer,his staff and colleagues have been amazing. Information has been easy to access,appointments have been scheduled promptly around my schedule phone calls and emails have been returned swiftly and I have always felt like I have been top priority. Dr. Iyer has always been up front and honest with me.I am happy to say that with Dr Iyer's help and positive attitude I am healthy again.
Have you seen Dr. Harish V. Iyer, MD?
Are you Dr. Harish V. Iyer, MD? Post a response on your personalized profile.

Compare Dr. Iyer

• Gallstones
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding

• Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Colorectal Cancer Screening
  • Destruction of Anal Tumor
  • Endoscopy
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Fecal Impaction Removal
  • Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Liver Biopsy
  • Manometry
  • Percutaneous Edoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG)
  • Sigmoidoscopy

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

University Of Mumbai/King Edward Memorial Hospital and Seth Gordhandas Sunderdas Medical College

Completed in 2007

Completed in 2009

Chief Resident, Albert Einstein Medical Center

Completed in 2011

Completed in 2013

• Other Education
    Royal College Of Physicians and Surgeons

Completed in 2006

Dr. Iyer has no media or publications listed.

• Hindi
  • Marathi
  • Tamil

Dr. Iyer does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Iyer and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Iyer's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Gastroenterology
  • Board certified in Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Iyer

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Iyer's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Iyer

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Iyer says...

Dr. Harish V. Iyer, M.D.,Harish V. Iyer, M.D., MRCP (UK), received his Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (M.B., B.S.) degree at Seth G S Medical College and KEM Hospital in Mumbai, India. Dr. Iyer subsequently trained in the West Midlands region of the United Kingdom and is a member of the Royal College of Physicians in the United Kingdom. Following his medical education, Dr. Iyer completed his residency in Internal Medicine at Albert Einstein Medical Center (AEMC), Philadelphia PA. While there, Dr. Iyer became Chief Medical Resident at AEMC, and completed his fellowship training in Gastroenterology at AEMC, and became Chief Fellow of Gastroenterology. Dr. Iyer has received numerous awards and honors for his work, and as an outstanding teacher of medical students. He is also the author of numerous publications.  Moving to the Tidewater area and joining Gastrointestinal & Liver Specialists of Tidewater in 2013, Dr. Iyer has a special interest in colon cancer screening and in the management of inflammatory bowel disease. He has also received extensive training in diagnosis and management of esophageal diseases.

Dr. Iyer's Care Philosophy

Please make sure you are satisfied that the purpose of your visit for that day is solved. Be it further investigations to evaluate symptoms or procedures, we will walk you through the whole process so that when you leave us, there are no stones unturned, or questions or concerns unanswered.